Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studying in Belgium

• 26-10-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm really interested in going to Belgium to do a masters in EU law. The problem is with funding. I rang my County Council about bringing my grant over with me, but aparently Ireland will only provide funding for undergrads to study abroad, and I will have to stay in Ireland to get any funding in a postgrad. Surely there must be a way for me to apply for something or could somebody shed some light on how the system works?

I have asked lecturers, the County Council and nobody seems to know or all answers seem vague. The colleges I am hopingto apply for will be either Levven or Louvain.

Thanks very much :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

You cannot get an Irish county council grant to study in Belgium.

But, you can get a government grant from the region you are studying in Belgium, but you have to apply to the Irish government, through the Dept of Education. And, if you ring the Dept of Education, most likely they will know nothing about this.

It is a lot of effort, but it is possible. The deadlines are very early also, often before you will have applied for a course the following year. I'd get Googling fast

Advertisement