Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour Blocking Communal Alley

Options
  • 23-10-2010 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've a quick planning question. At the back of our house there's an alleyway that's closed off at both ends. All residents have a right to a key to the gate at the end as it's the only back access to the houses.
    Out next door neighbour has blocked off the portion of the alley to the back of his house. He's basically enclosed the portion of the alley with locked doors which he hasn't given other householders keys to.
    As far as I know no one has the right to build a permanent structure in the alley way but I'm not sure what we can do to stop him now the structure is up. Various neighbours have tried pointing this out to him and he just laughs and tells them to sod off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Never mind, I didnt read it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sesheta

No It's a private access alley along the back of the houses. Coronation St type arrangement with back access to all the houses opening onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Sesheta wrote: »
    No It's a private access alley along the back of the houses. Coronation St type arrangement with back access to all the houses opening onto it.

Well maybe he doesn't like people going up his back alley?

Okay, I'll get my coat and leave....:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Sesheta wrote: »

You will all have to get your title deeds and check the status of the lane. After that you should all get a solicitor to write to him and give him 14 days to re-open the lane before you take legal action. Advise him that you will be seeking damages and costs in any legal action which you initiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Jo King wrote: »
    You will all have to get your title deeds and check the status of the lane. After that you should all get a solicitor to write to him and give him 14 days to re-open the lane before you take legal action. Advise him that you will be seeking damages and costs in any legal action which you initiate.
    Yep. You should get your neighbours together and see a solicitor. They'll get you on the right path.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

True a solicitor should open doors for you.

Leaves also

Advertisement