Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

8*500ml cans of Guinness for ten euro in supervalue Celbridge yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

seamusk84 wrote: »
    8*500ml cans of Guinness for ten euro in supervalue Celbridge yesterday.

€8 for the same thing in a lot of Aldi's lately. Guinness not my preferred stout, but hard to argue with €1 per can so got some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Carry Out Tyrrelstown have pre filled 1 litre plastic growlers of Rascals Wit Woo for €4. And Franciscan Well Friar Weisse or Rebel Red, 4 for €9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Carry Out Tyrrelstown have pre filled 1 litre plastic growlers of Rascals Wit Woo for €4. And Franciscan Well Friar Weisse or Rebel Red, 4 for €9.

Just polished off my bottle of 200 fathoms. It's really really good, gives the Franciscan Well Jameson Stout a run for its money. It was €8.49 in Bradleys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,533 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So you can now get whiskey aged in stout barrels, and stout aged in whiskey barrels!

http://www.bradleysofflicence.ie/jameson-caskmates-aged-in-stout-seasoned-oak-barrels/

Scrap the cap!

So you can now get whiskey aged in stout barrels, and stout aged in whiskey barrels!

http://www.bradleysofflicence.ie/jameson-caskmates-aged-in-stout-seasoned-oak-barrels/

I got a bottle of it a few months ago, It's quite good.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got a bottle of the Franciscan Well stout recently. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to comparing it to 200 Fathoms and Leann Folláin Barrel Aged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Caskmates is lovely. Apparently still a few bottles of it and FW's stout left in Dublin Airport so have a mate picking one up for me on the way back.

Where can I pick up some of the Leann Folláin Barrel Aged? I'm doing a pairing of 200 Fathoms and Teeling's Single Malt for a whiskey club at work, would love to have another irish barrel-aged beer on hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,533 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Where can I pick up some of the Leann Folláin Barrel Aged?

I don't know if they regularly stock it, but I got one last Christmas in the local Molloys - was well worth it :)

I actually wanted to buy the last two on the shelf, but one was leaking from the swingtop... sigh

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I don't know if they regularly stock it, but I got one last Christmas in the local Molloys - was well worth it :)

I actually wanted to buy the last two on the shelf, but one was leaking from the swingtop... sigh

Oh just found some on Drinkstore. Worth a shot then? I do love me the standard Leann Folláin

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Oh just found some on Drinkstore. Worth a shot then? I do love me the standard Leann Folláin

Definitely worth a shot, it's superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Posted this in bargain alerts, may be of benefit to some people here....

Just spotted this in my local Tesco this evening

Deal on spirits (cant find a pic to link to..), buy 3 bottles of a 700ml and get 25% off. Brands I saw on it were
    • Jameson
    • Absolut
    • Hennessy
    • Paddy
    • Cork Dry Gin
    • Bacardi
    • Jack Daniels

Can do a mix and match.

Got 3 Jameson, theyre €27 each at the moment, so with the 25% off came to €60.75, which works out at €20.25 per bottle, which is pretty excellent. Ends on Saturday though, so only on for 3 days.

Zaph wrote: »
    Definitely worth a shot, it's superb.

Must pick up a bottle of that if its as good as you say! Where did you get the Franciscan Well stout, the one aged in whiskey casks? Want to get the 200 Fathoms and have been able to find it and the O Haras barrel aged, just cant find the Franciscan well anywhere. Thanks

Flex wrote: »
    Must pick up a bottle of that if its as good as you say! Where did you get the Franciscan Well stout, the one aged in whiskey casks? Want to get the 200 Fathoms and have been able to find it and the O Haras barrel aged, just cant find the Franciscan well anywhere. Thanks

It was bought in the Midleton distillery for me. It might be possible to get it in the Bow Street distillery if they have a gift shop, but other than that I don't know where else it might be available in Dublin. I had a look on a few sites, Martins and McHughs are out of stock and it's not listed on Baggot Street Wines or Drinkstore's websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Adnams ghostship, Explorer and lighthouse in aldi, 2.19.

Ghostship was 1.99 the last time it was in though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Howling Gale, Barefoot Bohemian & Sunburnt Red all 6 for 10 in Dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Portuguese wines in Lidl. Both really excellent for a low price tag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Howling Gale, Barefoot Bohemian & Sunburnt Red all 6 for 10 in Dunnes

That's a superb deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dunnes trying to bribe people back into their stores with cheap beer!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Dunnes trying to bribe people back into their stores with cheap beer!

Their much heralded 4 for 9 across most beers is now 4 for 10 across a smaller selection, I'm far from impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

For Northern Irish or GB based people - in Sainsbury Armagh yesterday and they had Dead Pony Club for 85p! Wasn't marked down price with a special sticker but having looked at their website it's £1.75 there.

Anyways they only had 1 bottle left, so near to victory yet so far!

By the way, Sainsbury Armagh has the worst beer selection I've ever encountered in a UK* supermarket.

*using UK to signify place of ownership of company not in any geo-political way.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

Franziskaner back at 4 for €5 in Lidl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

By the way, Sainsbury Armagh has the worst beer selection I've ever encountered in a UK* supermarket.
    It really does. One of the best beer and cider off licences in Northern Ireland is right opposite it but I'm only ever beer shopping in Armagh on a Sunday, when it's closed :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

One of the best beer and cider off licences in Northern Ireland is right opposite it
    Whats the name of this emporium... ? ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

San Juan wine in Dunnes = 7 bottles €40.25 if you have the €10 discount voucher.

laros wrote: »
    Whats the name of this emporium... ? ... :)
    The Wine Store. It's part of Emerson's supermarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

BeerNut wrote: »
    The Wine Store. It's part of Emerson's supermarket.

Ah if only i'd known. Will remember for next time.

Picked up some 8 degrees Howling Gale ale in my local tesco today (Tullamore) for €1.20 a bottle.... :D

I noticed Tesco on Fleet Street in Dublin has Leann Folláin for €2.59 a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

laros wrote: »
    Picked up some 8 degrees Howling Gale ale in my local tesco today (Tullamore) for €1.20 a bottle.... :D

Don't still have it in, do they?

Hi Lucena....
    sorry for the late reply... but i was just in there ( Tesco) a short while ago and they had none and the shelf label was gone as well ... :(
    I suspect they were just clearing stock last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Franziskaner Weissbier 4 for 5 Euro in Lidl until Sunday.

I assume it's just the 'normal' Weissbier and not the dunkel?

Had the dunkel many moons ago, I remember paying something like two pounds for a bottle. Twas lovely stuff though!

Is this offer definitely on everywhere? I can't find anything on their website.

Lucena wrote: »
    I assume it's just the 'normal' Weissbier and not the dunkel?

Had the dunkel many moons ago, I remember paying something like two pounds for a bottle. Twas lovely stuff though!

Is this offer definitely on everywhere? I can't find anything on their website.

Seems to be rarely advertised, just saw the label by the bottles when passing. Box 12 for 15 Euro...Yum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

My local Tesco has Johnie Walker Black retailing at 26 euro. That's down from 48.49 euro regular price. Pretty amazing deal. I'm in Galway. I presume it's the same elsewhere in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,582 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Arghus wrote: »
    My local Tesco has Johnie Walker Black retailing at 26 euro. That's down from 48.49 euro regular price. Pretty amazing deal. I'm in Galway. I presume it's the same elsewhere in the country.

It is officially; and til mid June. My local branch however had no bottles and had removed the shelf edge label! Suspect the manager isn't willing to sell at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

L1011 wrote: »
    Suspect the manager isn't willing to sell at that price.
    Or just all snapped up by one person, who could be a publican or own an offie. I know the owner of a bar near me gets his heineken in centra, which is all above board.

Or staff might have snapped it up themselves. Its not like it takes up much room or has a best before date.

rubadub wrote: »
    Or just all snapped up by one person, who could be a publican or own an offie. I know the owner of a bar near me gets his heineken in centra, which is all above board.

Or staff might have snapped it up themselves. Its not like it takes up much room or has a best before date.

They would usually leave the SEL on in those occasions. In this case they've removed it and widened the Chivas Regal to four bottles wide.

Lucan has some. Less than it had though...

Works out a 22.23 if bought in twos with a Sunday world voucher (including the cost of the paper). Not counting the 1.50 or so likely value of the fuel voucher and 52c in points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

L1011 wrote: »
    They would usually leave the SEL on in those occasions. In this case they've removed it and widened the Chivas Regal to four bottles wide.

The manager has no autonomy in this situation to decide not to sell something based on it's price. That's a decision that has nothing to do with them. It's been decided for him/her.

The way it usually works with these offers is that supply is limited. The store I was referring to only got in a single case of a few bottles last night. It mightn't get any at all tonight. Some stores may simply never get any for the duration of the deal. There's a luck of the draw element to it all.

The store with the missing SEL could be one of the unfortunates. So they've probably removed the SEL for the time being.

Keep an eye out!

• Advertisement

Its a large store that sells it year-round though along with the other, limited, premium scotches. Just found it very, very odd.

O'Briens have their 6 for 5 craft offer on again, not sure if its all stores either but Ballybrack store were giving away nice O'Haras glasses with every 4 O'Haras bought aswell.

@MonkstownHoop

Is it 6 for the price of 5, or 6 for a fiver? :p

Lucena wrote: »
    @MonkstownHoop

Is it 6 for the price of 5, or 6 for a fiver? :p

Ha ha 6 for the price of 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Arghus wrote: »

Thanks for this, just picked up a bottle. Ever since I've heard that the late Christopher Hitchens had JWB as his "don't leave home without it" travel companion I've been curious to try it. Not €48 curious however, so this is a good chance to see what the fuss is about. While I'm quite fond of single malt scotch the only blends I've tried would be the likes of Teachers & The Famous Grouse, neither of which I liked. I assume JWB will be a step up from those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭tphase

Franziskaner Weissbier 4 for 5 Euro in Lidl until Sunday.
    was in Lidl (Clifden) yesterday, no deal on Franzkaner:mad:
    lucky I caught it a couple of weeks ago, snagged two cases to keep me going:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Yeah, tis nice beer alright. Goes really well with spicy food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭Ryath

tphase wrote: »
    lucky I caught it a couple of weeks ago, snagged two cases to keep me going:pac:

Wife picked me up 4 bottles yesterday for me in Athlone (She wouldn't buy anymore :( ) Hopefully get in tomorrow to buy a case (or three :D)

Got 24 bottles from Lidl Midleton today.

tphase wrote: »

Sometimes they forget to put the offer price out, if you had gone to the till chances are you'd have got the discount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement