Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madagasgar

• 16-07-2005 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Saw it tonight, was suprised by how much it made me laugh considering every time ben stiller opens his mouth it makes me want to rip out my intestines and strangle myself to death, thankfully when the spotlight was not on him it was hi-lar-ri-ous. Sacha Baron Choen was very good I thought also.

Anybody else see it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

im amazed a voice can piss people off

such a sad world we live in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I thought it was rather slow to start off, but once it got to, oh, about the lemurs, it got really quite funny.

The penguins stole the show, tbh, I wish they'd had more screen time. It was really a film with a bunch of side characters, none of them really stood out from the rest, and I think that was intentional.

The highlight for me was
    When the penguins finally made it to Antarctica, after taking over the transport ship. The scene of just them standing there, looking at the snowstorm for five minutes, occasionally scratching their bums before announcing "Well this sucks..." was a piece of comedic genius.

And OMG David Schwimmer's voice was tolerable! It actually suited the neurotic hypochondriac giraffe. Who knew? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sarky wrote:
    And OMG David Schwimmer's voice was tolerable! It actually suited the neurotic hypochondriac giraffe. Who knew? :)

Agreed, for once he was perfectly cast. I've already posted a review on this film in the film reviews if any of you want to check it out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

dudara wrote:
    Agreed, for once he was perfectly cast. I've already posted a review on this film in the film reviews if any of you want to check it out.
    I thought he was well cast in Band of Brothers (tv series i know, but as close to a movie as tv series get)

On topic though, went last night with a bunch of mates and I actualy found the FIRST hour the funniest - in the zoo and especially on the rampage in new york. Once they hit the island I felt the storyline lost itself in a way, sort of didn't concentrate on any main plot line..thats my humble opinion anyways..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

im amazed a voice can piss people off

such a sad world we live in

you should leave the little box you reside in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I thought it was a great movie, really funny. My favourite bit was

I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, he likes to...

The penguins gettin burnt was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Maybe this is over picky but I'd have prefered spoiler tags thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

that friendship can overcome the desire to be a canivore but its ok to eat fish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

kjt wrote:
    My favourite bit was

I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, he likes to...

That was my nephew's favourite part too :)

I liked the whole film and laughed all through, but it didn't have a strong story, so somehow it was falling apart. I'm not saying it wasn't great, but I loved Shrek 1 and 2 much more. The lemurs were class though, and my favourite bit was when Alex got shot and had this stoner dream twice, that was very well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good movie but thought the penguins and Ali G were the best characters, didnt like the main ones at all.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Bri wrote:
    Maybe this is over picky but I'd have prefered spoiler tags thanks!

Sorry my bad, but its about the movie so you should expect them tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Thought it was a fantastic film, 'specially when the penguins were taking over the freighter. Deadly.

It's not a film you can quote from really, apart from the king of the lemurs. He came out with some rib-tickling stuff (when he's describing his crown. Oh how I laughed.). Most of the comedy is in the animation, like when the monkey was translating the sticker on the box in sign language. My sides nearly burst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

kjt wrote:
    Sorry my bad, but its about the movie so you should expect them tbh.
    No worries...I know it's a bit picky :D Just wanted to skim and see was it really as funny as it could be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The amount of films it took the piss out of!

Good film, but the ending sucked. There'll a number two, proberly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The side characters (monkeys, penguins, lemurs) were 10 times better than the 4 main characters (who, apart from Mellman, pissed the hell out of me). Ah well...

Advertisement