Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looks pretty solid to me. Taylor mightn't get a game but you might not care much. I wouldn't like to rely on Jerome much -- he's never done much in the top tier. But otherwise, looks good.

Cheers! I agree with ya on both accounts. The 4.0m defenders seem to be guess work at the moment. Was thinking Baker of Villa but I actually picked Taylor solely because of this thread! The guys here say McClaren likes Taylor :P

Jerome has indeed been rubbish in the Premier League but I'm willing to give him a chance given Norwichs fixtures and his price tag. He's defintely not a long term prospect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dfc002db3ffae5041498777fbd865677.png

Opinions welcome.

Starting conservatively, not too many new signings and getting a decent spread of teams.

I like this team a lot - I'm currently thinking along similar lines. I like the balance across each 'line' of your team (for example, cheap, mid-priced and expensive forwards). Do you have anything in the bank? What are your thoughts on upgrading to Aguero/Sanchez a few weeks in?

Also, do you think Rodriguez will start? I really like him, but currently have Sahko.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I like this team a lot - I'm currently thinking along similar lines. I like the balance across each 'line' of your team (for example, cheap, mid-priced and expensive forwards). Do you have anything in the bank? What are your thoughts on upgrading to Aguero/Sanchez a few weeks in?

Also, do you think Rodriguez will start? I really like him, but currently have Sahko.

Nothing in the bank. Not too sure about how to approach getting them in. It's hard to predict how players will start the season so I don't want to go with a "set in stone" approach to getting them in the team.

I'm kinda assuming he will, what position he plays in could be a factor though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have come up with the below, obv Aguero may not play GW1, in which case i can just transfer in someone else, but if Benteke goes to pool, and ade went to villa, it's not a bad line up.

355783.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I have come up with the below, obv Aguero may not play GW1, in which case i can just transfer in someone else, but if Benteke goes to pool, and ade went to villa, it's not a bad line up.

Not often you see Ade popping up in RMTs! I think I would downgrade Ivan to Azpi and use that million to upgrade Ade to Sakho and Wanyama to someone with a bit more potential as with that line up thats a player you are going to be calling on a good bit. Sterling>Henderson or Chadli (or even Yaya) would also free up a little bit of money to get a better 4th mid. I think all 3 of them will likely prove to be better value than Sterling at least to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jimmii wrote: »
    Not often you see Ade popping up in RMTs! I think I would downgrade Ivan to Azpi and use that million to upgrade Ade to Sakho and Wanyama to someone with a bit more potential as with that line up thats a player you are going to be calling on a good bit. Sterling>Henderson or Chadli (or even Yaya) would also free up a little bit of money to get a better 4th mid. I think all 3 of them will likely prove to be better value than Sterling at least to begin with.

Every year there's the temptation to downgrade Ivanovic. Every year I bow to the temptation. Every year he starts off with a bag load of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Every year there's the temptation to downgrade Ivanovic. Every year I bow to the temptation. Every year he starts off with a bag load of goals.

Somebody posted on FFS his scores for the first three games over the last few seasons.

I'm not a fan of a 7m defender but am tempted. Easy to downgrade to a 5.5 and use the money elsewhere if its not working out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Best 4.0m defender? I'm looking at Baker from AV or Turner or Bennett from Norwich. Anyone else worth considering?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Best 4.0m defender? I'm looking at Baker from AV or Turner or Bennett from Norwich. Anyone else worth considering?

4m and best don,'t belong in Same sentence.
    I wouldn't be looking at any 4m defenders yet.
    Every team has better options that will more than likely play.
    Taylor from Newcastle prob has best shout of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Targett is the only one I'd half consider but that's just short term depending on Bertrand's fitness.

Plenty of 4.5's though, better to stock up on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jason365

hi i have been following this forum for a few weeks now and have decided to make an account. this is my first year taking the game seriously so hoping to do well this season. any advice on this team?

Myhill
    Ward Huth Mings
    Hazard (captain) Henderson Redmond Puncheon
    Costa Aguero Rooney
    Subs: Hennessey Wanyama Oshea Prodl
    Total cost: 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jason365 wrote: »
    hi i have been following this forum for a few weeks now and have decided to make an account. this is my first year taking the game seriously so hoping to do well this season. any advice on this team?

Myhill
    Ward Huth Mings
    Costa Aguero Rooney

Welcome! make sure to hand out some advice too -- it helps concentrate the mind.

Big budget attack, eh? That's a huge gamble and there's a reason most don't go for it. Whether this is a good strategy or not will depend on where the value is this season. If there are cheap mids doing well to complememnt the heavy hitters, you're in. If expensive mids do well and people are playing them with high scoring cheap forwards, you're in bother. I think it's too early to commit to such a risky strategy, but good luck to you!

That said, your cheap defence and midfield looks as good as you'll get for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Myhill
    Ward Huth Mings
    Costa Aguero Rooney

Looks good, maybe a bit striker heavy. You could downgrade Hazard to Cesc and then move Punch up to an Arsenal mid since Costa is a good captain choice for GW1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Any thoughts on this squad? Want to play 3-4-3. Don't think I can/want to afford a second playing GK and a 5th DEF. So I will only ever rotate 2 of my 4 subs. All that could change obviously.

Ospina Goalkeeper 0.0 0 76 WHU (H)
    O'Shea Defender 0.0 0 107 LEI (A)
    Lescott Defender 0.0 0 127 MCI (H)
    Azpilicueta Defender 0.0 0 132 SWA (H)
    Fàbregas Midfielder 0.0 0 165 SWA (H)
    Coutinho Midfielder 0.0 0 134 STK (A)
    Ramsey Midfielder 0.0 0 116 WHU (H)
    Yaya Touré Midfielder 0.0 0 134 WBA (A)
    Adebayor Forward 0.0 0 40 MUN (A)
    Rooney Vice-captain Forward 0.0 0 132 TOT (H)
    Costa Captain Forward 0.0 0 150 SWA (H)
    Hamer Goalkeeper 0.0 0 31 SUN (H)
    Wanyama Midfielder 0.0 0 80 NEW (A)
    Alderweireld Defender 0.0 0 88 MUN (A)
    Oxford Defender 0.0 0 0 ARS (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Myhill
    Ward Huth Mings
    Costa Aguero Rooney

Welcome, always nice to see new posters :)

That front 3 is seriously strong but probably a little too much. With Aguero potentially a doubt for the first week I'd downgrade him to boost that midfield a little.

If you keep Hazard then you could always just upgrade Costa to Aguero if/when he starts. Puncheon is a favourite around these parts and a nice price but Palace don't have the kindest of starts and Cabaye may take some set-pieces so I'd be looking at perhaps Walcott or somebody in the 8-9 mil.

The defence is fine, cheap but not too bad. We'll know more about who seems likely to start over the next few weeks but there's plenty of choice for 4.5 defenders and Wanyama should do what you want in a 4.5 mid. Although you never know with Europa League rotation. A suitable placeholder for now.

The WBA goalkeepers should work well for a bargain price. A slightly more balanced approach between midfield and forwards and you'd be doing great. Who knows yet who'll hit the ground running anyway.

If you keep reading and posting you'll get along just fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any thoughts on this squad? Want to play 3-4-3. Don't think I can/want to afford a second playing GK and a 5th DEF. So I will only ever rotate 2 of my 4 subs. All that could change obviously.

Ospina Goalkeeper 0.0 0 76 WHU (H)
    O'Shea Defender 0.0 0 107 LEI (A)
    Lescott Defender 0.0 0 127 MCI (H)
    Azpilicueta Defender 0.0 0 132 SWA (H)
    Fàbregas Midfielder 0.0 0 165 SWA (H)
    Coutinho Midfielder 0.0 0 134 STK (A)
    Ramsey Midfielder 0.0 0 116 WHU (H)
    Yaya Touré Midfielder 0.0 0 134 WBA (A)
    Adebayor Forward 0.0 0 40 MUN (A)
    Rooney Vice-captain Forward 0.0 0 132 TOT (H)
    Costa Captain Forward 0.0 0 150 SWA (H)
    Hamer Goalkeeper 0.0 0 31 SUN (H)
    Wanyama Midfielder 0.0 0 80 NEW (A)
    Alderweireld Defender 0.0 0 88 MUN (A)
    Oxford Defender 0.0 0 0 ARS (A)

Well, you won't even have one starting keeper as Cech is pretty nailed to start for Arsenal!

After that, I don't think Yaya is going to ever hit the heights of two seasons ago. I know Ade is a forum favourite but he's an ex-footballer -- I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole until I've seen some form.

The defence looks solid. Fab rather than Haz is a decent shout, Ramsey is Ramsey, and Coutinho never did it for me -- consider Henderson or even Milner who I think could be good value if he starts regularly.

Welcome! make sure to hand out some advice too -- it helps concentrate the mind.

Big budget attack, eh? That's a huge gamble and there's a reason most don't go for it. Whether this is a good strategy or not will depend on where the value is this season. If there are cheap mids doing well to complememnt the heavy hitters, you're in. If expensive mids do well and people are playing them with high scoring cheap forwards, you're in bother. I think it's too early to commit to such a risky strategy, but good luck to you!

That said, your cheap defence and midfield looks as good as you'll get for the price.

I'm all for cheap defence,but I agree with the lads.

One solid piece of advice I think is to play it quite safe early on, stick with the crowd a little at least. There are a lot of mid and high price mids who will be in a lot of teams, the Manes, Bolasies, Milners and the big guns like Arseanl mids, Silva etc who you need to get some coverage on. By all means when you see trends and form, take an informed different direction with your team structure, but play it safer for now I think.

Anybody without Rooney in their team is just plain wrong IMO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Jesper

Advice on my team?
    Would like opinions on strikers - Rooney and Wilson\ulluno = 16m or I could get benteke\Bony (if aguero doesn't play) and lakaku for the same price?
    I will try post a screenshot soon.

Jesper wrote: »
    Advice on my team?
    Would like opinions on strikers - Rooney and Wilson\ulluno = 16m or I could get benteke\Bony (if aguero doesn't play) and lakaku for the same price?
    I will try post a screenshot soon.

Aguero won't play 90 mins and Bony picked up a knock on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,555 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Anybody without Rooney in their team is just plain wrong IMO :P

Cast your mind back a year. Was almost the same argument. Didn't go so well. I do see the lure but I'm cautious.

CSF wrote: »
    Cast your mind back a year. Was almost the same argument. Didn't go so well. I do see the lure but I'm cautious.

A year ago it emerged he would play a large part of his time in midfield. LVG has confirmed that he will now be the main striker. It's a much safer bet this time.

I agree with Steven, a huge risk to start without him. I'm aiming to be able to accommodate a front line including him and Aguero.

FHFC wrote: »
    A year ago it emerged he would play a large part of his time in midfield. LVG has confirmed that he will now be the main striker. It's a much safer bet this time.

I agree with Steven, a huge risk to start without him. I'm aiming to be able to accommodate a front line including him and Aguero.
    He was to start the season up front. He did start the season up front. Everyone wanted to ride the Rooney rollercoaster until he changed positions if he did so, I had him in my starting team aswell. It didn't go so well. Had Rooney been banging them in as a striker, he probably wouldn't have been moved back. Van Gaal never seemed to place that much trust in Van Persie or Falcao.

CSF wrote: »
    He was to start the season up front. He did start the season up front. Everyone wanted to ride the Rooney rollercoaster until he changed positions if he did so, I had him in my starting team aswell. It didn't go so well. Had Rooney been banging them in as a striker, he probably wouldn't have been moved back. Van Gaal never seemed to place that much trust in Van Persie or Falcao.

His only competition right now is Wilson and Hernandez and he's confirmed as the main striker.. No way he'll be moved in to midfield with the competition there. And he'll have the likes of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay and Mata providing the ammunition :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think Rooney will start up front and that he's worth a shot considering the midfield he will have behind him. Don't forget that he can easily be changed to another expensive striker. My plan was to start with Rooney, Costa and JRod but I might try and upgrade JRod to Benteke now.

I'm also keeping an eye on Mata. With Di Maria looking likely to move on, surely he'll start?

Any United supporters with an idea of how United will line out? I didn't pay much attention to them or Liverpool last year.

His only competition right now is Wilson and Hernandez and he's confirmed as the main striker.. No way he'll be moved in to midfield with the competition there. And he'll have the likes of Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay and Mata providing the ammunition :P
    I'm not necessarily saying he will play in midfield. Moreso that based on his outings up front last season, he wasn't as dangerous as the top dogs last year like Costa, Aguero, Kane, Austin, even Giroud. The lack of competition up there does make him somewhat attractive to me, especially since I think United have a decent start and will do well, at the moment, I would have him on orange light rather than green or red. Proceed with caution kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭duffman21

3 -5-2

GK - Mignolet (LIV)

D - Richards (AV)
    D - Mangala (MC)
    D - Moreno (LIV)

M- Schneiderlin (MU)
    M - Yaya (MC)
    M - Hazard (CHE)
    M - Milner (LIV)
    M - Bolasie (CRY)

F - Costa (CHE)
    F - Rooney (MU)

Subs
    GK - Butland (STK)
    D - Francis (BOU)
    D - Moore (LEI)
    F - Agbonlahor (AV)

Some risks in there with Mangala and Moreno, is Yaya going to have a better season than last? Milner will he be on pen duties now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney was decent for his price beginning of last season. Scored when he was heavily captained against Swansea, assist against Leicester, and had a double digit against QPR. He got himself sent off against West Ham, but I had just sold for Aguero the week before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I still refuse to have any LFC defenders in my team (and i'm a fan). We are just too unreliable at the back, i'm hoping the new signings will contribute to getting us back to scoring more than we concede because looking at Rodgers track record he doesn't seem to have a clue what defending really is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have rooney in my team at the minute but wouldn't be overly excited by him. I don't think he has had a really good season in 3 seasons now from both an ff and footballing perspective. I know certain things have been against him like playing oop etc. But considering he will also be off pens to mata and possibly f.ks to depay I wouldn't see him as a must have.

I still refuse to have any LFC defenders in my team (and i'm a fan). We are just too unreliable at the back, i'm hoping the new signings will contribute to getting us back to scoring more than we concede because looking at Rodgers track record he doesn't seem to have a clue what defending really is!

Mignolet was terrific on the run in last season, was actually a differential too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

8-10 wrote: »
    Mignolet was terrific on the run in last season, was actually a differential too

To me its the same thing as why i never back Liverpool to win in the bookies! it's usually a jinx, or at least it feels that way but more often than not any time i've had a Pool defender in my team they have done **** all for me! Bar once when i had Skrtel and he scored (but conceded) ha

To me its the same thing as why i never back Liverpool to win in the bookies! it's usually a jinx, or at least it feels that way but more often than not any time i've had a Pool defender in my team they have done **** all for me! Bar once when i had Skrtel and he scored (but conceded) ha

Good old superstitions. It's all in your head you know, there's no jinx! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Latest Draft. Any ideas where to strengthen?

Courtois (Sub Butland)
    Shaw Mertesacker O'Shea (Subs McAuley/Taylor)
    Deulofeu Hazard Depay Ramsey Cabaye
    Costa Defoe (sub Diouf)

Not happy with Deulofeu after GW2, or Defoe/Diouf

Is Garbutt an option as a defender? Surly will get game time on loan with Bournmouth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think Rooney will start up front and that he's worth a shot considering the midfield he will have behind him. Don't forget that he can easily be changed to another expensive striker. My plan was to start with Rooney, Costa and JRod but I might try and upgrade JRod to Benteke now.

I'm also keeping an eye on Mata. With Di Maria looking likely to move on, surely he'll start?

Any United supporters with an idea of how United will line out? I didn't pay much attention to them or Liverpool last year.

In the two US games, United have started Johnstone (DDG injured) - Darmian, Shaw, Jones, Blind - Carrick, Mata, Schneiderlin, Young - Depay - Rooney. Would still be surprised if Schweinsteiger doesn't start ahead of Carrick come the Spurs game, though.

• Advertisement

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Latest Draft. Any ideas where to strengthen?

Courtois (Sub Butland)
    Shaw Mertesacker O'Shea (Subs McAuley/Taylor)
    Deulofeu Hazard Depay Ramsey Cabaye
    Costa Defoe (sub Diouf)

Not happy with Deulofeu after GW2, or Defoe/Diouf

Is Garbutt an option as a defender? Surly will get game time on loan with Bournmouth?
    That's not a strong enough midfield to have such a week front 3. With the likes of Defoe and Diouf in there I'd be expecting a lot of the big hitters in midfield. Have you money in the bank because it's hard to see where the bulk of it is being utilised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Thoughts?

356000.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm currently on the below after some messing around the last few days:

6876e7cb1a73975ee6286d4af8ff3d81.png

As mentioned on my previous draft(s), the plan is to go with as cheap a GK/DEF combination as possible in order to utilise attacking returns for the first few weeks before I wildcard to get Aguero in, by which time things at the back should have become a little more clear.

The exact players may change but I feel the Sunderland/Norwich/Leicester/Watford combination (Taylor is just a £4m filler who has the best chance of starting in that range) gives me enough good fixtures to play around with for the first few weeks and as I found the big teams tend to average 1.3 clean sheets over the first 3 weeks, I don't think I'll get left too far behind save for popular ones potentially racking up attacking returns. That I will have to live with however.

Hazard, Silva, Rooney, Sigurdsson, Benteke (Liverpool) and Costa don't need much explanation while I'll take a chance on Richie who was a machine in terms of attacking contribution last season hoping that Bournemouth can start well with their fixtures and typical promoted club bounce. If they score goals, chances are he'll be involved and no one else really tickles my fancy in that price range. Wanyama will be changed to a £4.5m with a far lower ownership figure to reduce the chances of being impacted by a price drop.

Any comments are most welcome.

Thoughts?

356000.png

One of the best and most balanced teams I've seen so far!
    Except everton are playing the top 7 teams of last year in the first 10 games (I'm an Everton fan) and I'd be nervous of their form.
    Are Montreal and Shaw nailed on starters?

Fantasy PL.GIF

Opinions please. Going for the rotating defender. Unsure about the strike partnerships. Rooney + Wilson or Benteke and Bony/Lakaku?

356005.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Except everton are playing the top 7 teams of last year in the first 10 games (I'm an Everton fan) and I'd be nervous of their form.

I was thinking of changing Jags to Clyne but Liverpool also have a brutal start. Monreal is nailed on imo but not sure on Shaw. Think Blind is being talked up for CB?
    Fantasy PL.GIF

Opinions please. Going for the rotating defender. Unsure about the strike partnerships. Rooney + Wilson or Benteke and Bony/Lakaku?

(how do I get the photo into the post?)

Really like your team, good depth all over. Would you consider upgrading on Wilson?

Right click on your image and select 'copy image url' and then paste the link into the insert image option when posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Any thoughts on the team below

Courtois ( Butland)
    Ward, Hangeland, o shea, morgan, collins (all 4.5m)
    Walcott, Fabregas, Siggy, Henderson (Albrighton)
    Costa, Rooney, Benteke

Steven81 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the team below

Courtois ( Butland)
    Ward, Hangeland, o shea, morgan, collins (all 4.5m)
    Walcott, Fabregas, Siggy, Henderson (Albrighton)
    Costa, Rooney, Benteke

You're never going to rest Courtois - downgrade Butland to a 4.0 keeper.
    Collins is so far down the pecking order at West Ham now - cup games, if he's lucky.
    West Ham have spent a few quid improving their squad.

Disagree. Spending too much in goals. If you spend 5.5 on a keeper, you will play him every week. Turner won't play so he needs to be upgraded. Plenty of 4.5 options you can downgrade a couple of those defenders to. I'd definitely find a way to get Rooney over Kane. Midfield is decent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looking at

Butland Hennesy

Coates Lescott Azpil M.Olsson Ward

Hazard Henderson Walcott Cabaye Redmond

Costa Sakho Deeny

Leaves 4.5m to bring in Aguero and Sanchez. Alternatively could strengthen and wildcard when those 2 come back to fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm currently on the below after some messing around the last few days:

6876e7cb1a73975ee6286d4af8ff3d81.png

As mentioned on my previous draft(s), the plan is to go with as cheap a GK/DEF combination as possible in order to utilise attacking returns for the first few weeks before I wildcard to get Aguero in, by which time things at the back should have become a little more clear.

The exact players may change but I feel the Sunderland/Norwich/Leicester/Watford combination (Taylor is just a £4m filler who has the best chance of starting in that range) gives me enough good fixtures to play around with for the first few weeks and as I found the big teams tend to average 1.3 clean sheets over the first 3 weeks, I don't think I'll get left too far behind save for popular ones potentially racking up attacking returns. That I will have to live with however.

Hazard, Silva, Rooney, Sigurdsson, Benteke (Liverpool) and Costa don't need much explanation while I'll take a chance on Richie who was a machine in terms of attacking contribution last season hoping that Bournemouth can start well with their fixtures and typical promoted club bounce. If they score goals, chances are he'll be involved and no one else really tickles my fancy in that price range. Wanyama will be changed to a £4.5m with a far lower ownership figure to reduce the chances of being impacted by a price drop.

Any comments are most welcome.

Perfect team for me bar no Walcott. I think my eventual team will be very similar to that but I'll be going for Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    Perfect team for me bar no Walcott. I think my eventual team will be very similar to that but I'll be going for Theo.

Yep, I said to a friend earlier that I think it's as good as I can get with the exception of Sigurdsson -> Walcott. I suppose I could take a chance on a £7m or less striker. My best options then would probably be Sakho, Mitrovic or Deeney.

It's then a matter of determining if Walcott + Sakho/Mitrovic/Deeney is better than Sigurdsson + Benteke for the first 3 weeks or so. If I went for Sakho or Mitrovic, it allows me an extra £0.5m to upgrade Steven Taylor to a nailed on DEF or if I went for Deeney I'd have £1.5m spare to pump into my side. Though Deeney = 4 promoted players in my squad which I wouldn't be too pleased about.

Liverpool do have tough enough fixtures for the first 3 weeks, certainly tougher than West Ham and Watford but Benteke can score against anyone.

It's a difficult one. What do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Is 433 a waste of time?

Myhill (Hennessey)
    O'Shea Huth Martin Ward (Saylor)
    Hazard Walcott Silva (Stanislas, Wanyama)
    Rooney Costa Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is 433 a waste of time?

Myhill (Hennessey)
    O'Shea Huth Martin Ward (Saylor)
    Hazard Walcott Silva (Stanislas, Wanyama)
    Rooney Costa Benteke

I think 433 could work but you would need to spend more money on your defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I think 433 could work but you would need to spend more money on your defenders.

who to sacrifice for better defenders :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement