Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2015/16

• 09-07-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

This is what autoselect gave me

PJaEOR2.png

It sure loves defenders and the big teams :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Jaysus that was quick! Not even going to look at i properly for a few days. Alderweirld at 5m is definitely going to be part of the plan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

jimmii wrote: »
    Jaysus that was quick! Not even going to look at i properly for a few days. Alderweirld at 5m is definitely going to be part of the plan though.

Just the autoselect to get a low ID ;). I was on my walk in to work so only properly doing it now

Just the autoselect to get a low ID ;). I was on my walk in to work so only properly doing it now

Yeh rookies changing their kit before clicking confirm! I was so taken aback by the shiny blue buttons it took me a sec to click confirm so lost a few places!

Actual first effort, although I'm not really happy with my goalies or defence (haven't looked at rotations at all). 1.5m in the bank for the Kun fund. Documenting this so I can see how many are still there in a month!

uVJQCog.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Actual first effort, although I'm not really happy with my goalies or defence (haven't looked at rotations at all). 1.5m in the bank for the Kun fund. Documenting this so I can see how many are still there in a month!

Good stuff here on three ways.

https://allthingsfpl.com/2015/07/rotation-analysis-three-way-rotations/

Defensive rotations that is, you dirty buggers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

First attempt at a draft :/

DPPkmsxx--kWQ0zPc_XdOWYkz1UhojxtyNszQZjHCAI=w444-h599-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Like this for a first draft
    bRvQX2a.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

First draft. A few million in the bank.

354698.jpg

We have the same team :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Couple of gambles in there.

fantasy%20football%20team.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

First draft. Nothing in the bank
    IxJhNuc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Obviously going to change by next month but here's so far.

FPL.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Here's my first draft. I know you'll probably all cringe and think I've lost the plot when you see the defence, but please stick with me as I go through my reasoning. It'll probably all change by tomorrow, but anyway:

6c7c510a42d1db46f9b7dc842f20cbb6.png

This team is made with the first 3/4 weeks in mind. I have always played my wildcard by GW4 and it is a strategy that has served me well so far. With Aguero/Sanchez likely to be back and knocking loudly on the door at that stage (Aguero hosts Watford for GW4 and Sanchez would be away to Newcastle the same week) my plan for now is to go with the above team for the first 3 weeks and then it's essentially like starting all over again. So:

Goalkeeper: It feels very weird not having Terry or some sort of Chelsea blue in defence, but this year with the most expensive GK coming in at £5.5m, it is IMO hard to justify an extra £1.5m for Chelsea coverage at the back.

However, my plan here is to actually use Courtois for GW1, then use my free transfer to go Courtois -> Pantilimon to take real advantage of Sunderland's two home games against Norwich and Sunderland before my wildcard comes into play. I know, planning a transfer ahead is not the best thing to do as a red card/injury to a big player in my team means the plan goes out the window, but I just can't help myself :pac:

Defenders: On paper, this defence is woeful and if someone was planning on using it for a whole season I'd be telling them the same, but look at the fixtures for the first 3 gameweeks here:

Matthews - lei, NOR, SWA
    Olsson - CPL, sun, STO
    Morgan - SUN, whu, TOT
    Angella (or WAT equivalent) - eve, WBA, SOT

Steven Taylor will probably not start but I wouldn't entirely rule it out either if they don't sign another CB. If not, no hassle. If he does, absolutely fine as a £4m option.

I think this quartet (not including the risky Taylor) gives me the best possible value for money for the first 3 GW's while allowing me to free up money into my midfield and strike force.

GW1 my defenders face - SOT/lei, CPL, SUN
    GW2 my defenders face - NOR, WBA, sun/whu/swa
    GW3 my defenders face - SWA, STO, TOT/SOT

Midfield: Hazard, Mata and Silva need no explanation I feel. Matt Ritchie is open to being changed, though he contributed 15 goals and 17 assists in the Championship last season. No guarantees he can step up of course, but given the promoted teams propensity to start off like a house on fire and Bournemouth's opening fixtures, he's an interesting 4th midfielder.

Strikers: Rooney should be back as the main man up front now. He along with Costa need no explanation. Sakho has a terrific start (at home to LEI and BOUR in 2 of his first 3 weeks) and as Ziegler pointed out, will be flying match fit due to his participation in the Hammers' Europa League qualification.

So yeah, basically that's it. A team with the first 3 gameweeks in mind, especially in defence. Aguero and Sanchez will almost certainly make me play my wildcard ahead of GW4 and as mentioned then it's essentially like day 1 all over again in picking a new team.

Any thoughts/critique most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

wahey we go again!!

not much love for aguero here??

froog wrote: »
    wahey we go again!!

not much love for aguero here??

Consensus here seems to be he won't be fully fit until week 3/4 after his Copa injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Here's my first draft. I know you'll probably all cringe and think I've lost the plot when you see the defence, but please stick with me as I go through my reasoning. It'll probably all change by tomorrow, but anyway:

6c7c510a42d1db46f9b7dc842f20cbb6.png

This team is made with the first 3/4 weeks in mind. I have always played my wildcard by GW4 and it is a strategy that has served me well so far. With Aguero/Sanchez likely to be back and knocking loudly on the door at that stage (Aguero hosts Watford for GW4 and Sanchez would be away to Newcastle the same week) my plan for now is to go with the above team for the first 3 weeks and then it's essentially like starting all over again. So:

Goalkeeper: It feels very weird not having Terry or some sort of Chelsea blue in defence, but this year with the most expensive GK coming in at £5.5m, it is IMO hard to justify an extra £1.5m for Chelsea coverage at the back.

However, my plan here is to actually use Courtois for GW1, then use my free transfer to go Courtois -> Pantilimon to take real advantage of Sunderland's two home games against Norwich and Sunderland before my wildcard comes into play. I know, planning a transfer ahead is not the best thing to do as a red card/injury to a big player in my team means the plan goes out the window, but I just can't help myself :pac:

Defenders: On paper, this defence is woeful and if someone was planning on using it for a whole season I'd be telling them the same, but look at the fixtures for the first 3 gameweeks here:

Matthews - lei, NOR, SWA
    Olsson - CPL, sun, STO
    Morgan - SUN, whu, TOT
    Angella (or WAT equivalent) - eve, WBA, SOT

Steven Taylor will probably not start but I wouldn't entirely rule it out either if they don't sign another CB. If not, no hassle. If he does, absolutely fine as a £4m option.

I think this quartet (not including the risky Taylor) gives me the best possible value for money for the first 3 GW's while allowing me to free up money into my midfield and strike force.

GW1 my defenders face - SOT/lei, CPL, SUN
    GW2 my defenders face - NOR, WBA, sun/whu/swa
    GW3 my defenders face - SWA, STO, TOT/SOT

Midfield: Hazard, Mata and Silva need no explanation I feel. Matt Ritchie is open to being changed, though he contributed 15 goals and 17 assists in the Championship last season. No guarantees he can step up of course, but given the promoted teams propensity to start off like a house on fire and Bournemouth's opening fixtures, he's an interesting 4th midfielder.

Strikers: Rooney should be back as the main man up front now. He along with Costa need no explanation. Sakho has a terrific start (at home to LEI and BOUR in 2 of his first 3 weeks) and as Ziegler pointed out, will be flying match fit due to his participation in the Hammers' Europa League qualification.

So yeah, basically that's it. A team with the first 3 gameweeks in mind, especially in defence. Aguero and Sanchez will almost certainly make me play my wildcard ahead of GW4 and as mentioned then it's essentially like day 1 all over again in picking a new team.

Any thoughts/critique most welcome.

I'm going to devote some time tomorrow to pick a team but think you're on the right path. Expensive attack and cheap defence is the way to go at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Here's my first real go at it:

2u4lmj9.jpg

Cheap defence, expensive attack. It's always easier to downgrade attackers if need be. One weakness might be the amount of yellow and green :pac: A strong GW1 anyway with home fixtures. I think Lukaku could really step things up this year although there is fantastic value in cheap forwards.

Yaya could take advantage of an early penalties awarded and it's all water under the bridge between us now :) ahem....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

First Draft.

• Advertisement

I think Matt Richie is some price at 6.0 look at his stats last season i know it's a step up but Bournemouth play very attacking and score goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Here's my first real go at it:

2u4lmj9.jpg

Cheap defence, expensive attack. It's always easier to downgrade attackers if need be. One weakness might be the amount of yellow and green :pac: A strong GW1 anyway with home fixtures. I think Lukaku could really step things up this year although there is fantastic value in cheap forwards.

Yaya could take advantage of an early penalties awarded and it's all water under the bridge between us now :) ahem....

I think a bit of West Ham is probably worth having for their first three at least. Payet or probably Sahko.

@Paully, I agree with your analysis on the other thread and I think your approach is spot on here. Play the fixtures with super cheap defence for the first 3 to 4 weeks then wildcard.

I think I'll try to have room for Aguero at least to come in by gw3 so I can hold the wildcard a wee bit longer till maybe gw5 international break and window closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I think Matt Richie is some price at 6.0 look at his stats last season i know it's a step up but Bournemouth play very attacking and score goals.
    Its a gigantic jump. He is somewhat appealing at that price. Wouldn't be paying over 6 for a midfielder from a team who are likely to be relegated though. Bournemouth in the Premier League may be a different animal altogether.

Definitely on the watchlist though. Him and Deeney from the promoted clubs most of all.

I think he's quite expensive. 5.5 would be more his range considering the step up. A shame Bradley Johnson was 5.5 rather than 5 but perhaps a blessing as he'll pick up plenty yellows. Howson at 5 I think could be the route into Norwich although Tettey could grab the occasional screamer at 4.5
    FHFC wrote: »
    I think a bit of West Ham is probably worth having for their first three at least. Payet or probably Sahko.

@Paully, I agree with your analysis on the other thread and I think your approach is spot on here. Play the fixtures with super cheap defence for the first 3 to 4 weeks then wildcard.

I think I'll try to have room for Aguero at least to come in by gw3 so I can hold the wildcard a wee bit longer till maybe gw5 international break and window closure.

West Ham should be up and running seeing as their already in qualifying for the Europa League, although they will have those extra matches coupled with trying to figure out what Slaven Billic will bring to them. They're a team I tend to stay away from for reasons unknown (lets not mention Nolan)

CSF wrote: »
    Its a gigantic jump. He is somewhat appealing at that price. Wouldn't be paying over 6 for a midfielder from a team who are likely to be relegated though. Bournemouth in the Premier League may be a different animal altogether.

Definitely on the watchlist though. Him and Deeney from the promoted clubs most of all.

It is a big leap but you would have to think he will be heavily involved in the goals they score.

First Draft.

Any opinions lads in my first of 78 drafts!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Lads on the mobile how the fook do I get a shot of the team to post here tried clipboard no joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It is a big leap but you would have to think he will be heavily involved in the goals they score.
    I'd be inclined to think you just wouldn't know. The dynamic of their games will be very different as will the kinds of chances they're likely to create now. As an attacking team Bournemouth would have been putting huge amounts of pressure on the opposition in the Championship. Against alot of the teams in the Premier League, they'll be relying on scraps, counter attacks and the likes. He is still their number 1 threat to my mind but he isn't at bargain prices. He is at the sort of price where they're well aware of that and have adjusted accordingly.

I prefer Wilson to Ritchie. There aren't too many other strikers in the 5.5-6m range, while there are proven FPL mids at 6m. Wilson is also on pens if Kermogant and Pittman aren't on the pitch (doesn't seem like they're that highly rated from the FFS article).
    Any opinions lads in my first of 78 drafts!!!!!

You need another big hitter in midfield imo, a Silva/Toure/Arsenal mid. Downgrade Lukaku to fund it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

First Draft

De Gea Krul
    Azpi Bellerin Clark Olson Morgan
    Milner Silva Mata Ritchie Fab
    Benteke Rooney Deeney

meh. first of no doubt many re-jigs. pretty tidy looking midfield but my frontline costs a mere £20M and i'm NOT happy with that. zero funds left

:pac:

3Nhf0HcrsHoKkbDkRoZbDsEufQ_6zHVnTfKpfZMffKc=w455-h588-no

manual_man wrote: »
    meh. first of no doubt many re-jigs. pretty tidy looking midfield but my frontline costs a mere £20M and i'm NOT happy with that. zero funds left

:pac:

No Ruddy? :p

No Ruddy? :p

(Rudd)Y oh Y

There is no Y

Anyone picking Morgan should be aware he played at Copa America and is now at the Gold Cup with Jamaica. I highly doubt he'll be back in time for the start

Tough to pick a team this year.
    I want a midfield of Haz, Walcott, Mata and Silva but can only afford 3 of them.

• Advertisement

FF buddy app hasn't updated yet, new teams and jerseys are all out of whack.....
    354792.png

kilburn wrote: »
    Lads on the mobile how the fook do I get a shot of the team to post here tried clipboard no joy

On Android you hold the power and home buttons at the same time, the screen border flashes white when you do it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

First draft picked:

Krul/Elliott
    Williams (Swansea), Ward (Palace), O'Shea, Olsson (Norwish), Taylor (Newcastle)
    Mata, Hazard, Walcott, Cabaye, Bentaleb
    J Rod, Rooney, Costa

Krul and Elliott - Newcastle double combo. Krul always does fairly alright and is the best of the 4.5 keepers.

Defence - Williams, Ward, O'Shea and Martin Olsson. All decent players at 4.5. Olsson may change but I'm happy with the other three. Ward particularly I feel is a snip at 4.5. Steven Taylor is fifth defender but he'll change to a 4.0 cheapie that plays

Midfield - Mata, Hazard, Walcott are all self explanatory. Then Cabaye who is a snip and Bentaleb as a 4.5 cheapie to round it off.

Strikers - J Rod, Rooney and Costa. Aguero will be worked in at some stage then for either Rooney or Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

354811.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Interesting looking back on last years Rate My Team thread from this time last year.

Players such as De Gea, Terry, Rooney, Dzeko, Ramsey, Sanchez, Hazard, Sigurdsson, Wisdom, Fabregas, Debuchy and Ings were in a hell of a lot of week 1 teams and most of those played ended up doing well throughout the season. Only Felipe Luis, Wickham/Fletcher and Bojan seemed to be the relatively popular punts that went completely tits up.

Anyone else think this is the hardest season yet to pick a team? Last year especially was a complete doddle compared to this IMO.

Though in 2013/2014 a hell of a lot of us got things wrong at the start. I posted this time last year that only a handful "had the top ranked goalkeepers (Howard or Szcezeny), the top ranked midfielders (Yaya, Gerrard, Lallana, Nasri, Silva or Ramsey) or top ranked forwards (Sturridge, Rooney, Giroud, or Lambert) in their initial sides. The defenders were well covered to be fair."

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Interesting looking back on last years Rate My Team thread from this time last year.

Players such as De Gea, Terry, Rooney, Dzeko, Ramsey, Sanchez, Hazard, Sigurdsson, Wisdom, Fabregas, Debuchy and Ings were in a hell of a lot of week 1 teams and most of those played ended up doing well throughout the season. Only Felipe Luis, Wickham/Fletcher and Bojan seemed to be the relatively popular punts that went completely tits up.

Anyone else think this is the hardest season yet to pick a team? Last year especially was a complete doddle compared to this IMO.

DDG, Terry, Sanchez, and Hazard all ended up doing well but they didn't really start the season on fire. I had Fletcher and started him over Siggy GW1 :(.
    I'm finding it hard to provide myself with 2/3 players I'd be happy to captain the first few GWs with no Aguero/tough fixtures. Theo is nice and explosive but risky, Rooney has two early KOs and an undefined position, and Hazard has tough GW2+3 fixtues. I do love an early season captain punt though, so maybe Sakho against Leicester or Cabaye against Villa.

Anyone considering going with a hollywood midfield? My latest draught has Depay Mata Silva Hazard Walcott :pac:

The First proper RMT:

Panti 4.0
    Azpi Shaw Huth O'Shea Angella
    Hazard Depay Walcott Cabaye Ritchie
    Sahko Ighalo Aguero*

Goalkeepers
    Panti is a save point machine and the new bonus system will suit him. Risky going with one keeper I know.
    Defence
    Azpi = cheap route into Chelsea defence
    Shaw was looking better towards the end of last season and I feel he could do very well this season.
    Rest of the defence is there to ensure I can play a strong back 3 every week.
    Midfield
    Hazard will be a must have.
    Theo will hopefully start up front but at least we have the community shield to give us a hint.
    Depay I don't know much about and may be switched with Mata but he's in there for now.
    Cabaye is great value at 6.5 and should be the main man at Palace.
    Ritchie has great stats from last season and I'm willing take a punt on him as I expect Bournemouth to start the season well.
    Forwards
    Sahko has some great fixtures and will be match fit.
    Ighalo ( as suggest by SantryRed) will be either a bench warmer or a rotation with Ritchie depending on how the first few weeks go.
    13m left so Aguero will take the last spot but I can afford any striker for the first couple of weeks. Kane, Costa and Rooney look the best bets with Kane possibly edging it as he's arguably the best captain option for GW2

I usually play 343 but I think 352 edges it this year with so many options in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone considering going with a hollywood midfield? My latest draught has Depay Mata Silva Hazard Walcott :pac:

if you compare the midfield options with the striker (or real lack of ) options it has to be considered. strongly .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

first draft, would appreciate opinions

Fabanski
    Hennsesy

Shaw
    Bellerin
    Matthews
    Angella
    Taylor

Silva
    Depay
    Hazard
    Wallcott
    Cabaye

Rooney
    Sakho
    Graham

first draft, would appreciate opinions

Fabanski
    Hennsesy

Shaw
    Bellerin
    Matthews
    Angella
    Taylor

Silva
    Depay
    Hazard
    Wallcott
    Cabaye

Rooney
    Sakho
    Graham

With the defence, surprising you don't have a second Rooney-level striker, unless saving reserves for the Aguero fund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Still laughing at what autoselect gave me:

Courtois, Cech
    Cahill,Coleman,Azpi,Smalling,Koscielny
    Mirallas,Milner,Chadli,Tadic,Nasri
    Lukaku,Dzeko,Ings

and only 0.5 in the bank :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Courtois, Cech Cahill,Coleman,Azpi,Smalling,Koscielny Mirallas,Milner,Chadli,Tadic,Nasri Lukaku,Dzeko,Ings

Courtois, Cech Cahill,Coleman,Azpi,Smalling,Koscielny Mirallas,Milner,Chadli,Tadic,Nasri Lukaku,Dzeko,Ings

Gave you a good team..

km79 wrote: »
    if you compare the midfield options with the striker (or real lack of ) options it has to be considered. strongly .

oh no i'm totally thinking along those lines. would mean having 2 cheap rotating strikers and being Aguero-less, although i would have Silva and he was on fire the tail end of last season. squad as stands:

myhill/rudd
    cresswell/bellerin/PVA/huth/baker
    depay/mata/walcott/hazard/silva
    kane/jerome/abonglahor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I presume Mickey T is going on every team ? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement