Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fill Finish P&IDs

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am a biopharmaceutical engineering masters student from Dublin, Ireland. Currently, as part of the requirements for my course i am carrying out a theoretical design project, where I have to design a full biopharmaceutical facility. I am at the fill finish stage now, and i am having alot of trouble finding p&ids for some of the unit operations including vial filling and stoppering machine, lyophilizer load and load system, and a stopper processor system. I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction on where to find these, or has p&ids for the types of equipment mentioned above that they are willing to share. I know that this is a long shot, but worth a try.

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I don't think that anyone that values their job will hand out drawings particularly P & ID's.

Apart from the fact that I sign an NDA for every project "Confidential Do Not Circulate" or similar is written on all of the drawings and documents that I see :)

I too would be shot. However, your lecturers may have contacts in pharma plants that might be able to help. Worth asking them for advice or better still a contact name, that way you can build up your own contacts. You may end up needing to sign a NDA with the company but it is a possibility.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You could do what I did when I was an engineering student, get some work experience with a consultancy. Then you will get to see all of the documents and drawings. It will also provide you with an opportunity to ask questions relating to the design and see how designs are developed "in the real world".

Advertisement