Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    O'Shea on after 55 minutes for Sunderland, Kaboul off.
    What do you take from that? Who is guaranteed a start in the Sunderland defence and who is sitting on the fence? Van Aanholt a cert I assume, Jones and Matthews hard to call. O'Shea, Kaboul and Brown the 3 fighting for 2 spots in the centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

O'Shea with a bad tackle and yellow. I read some Sunderland articles and most think O'Shea is a liability. I'll be going Coates now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 7m7 minutes ago
    Liverpool XI vs. Helsinki: Mignolet; Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez; Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Ibe, Lallana; Ings.

I reckon that's very close to what the starting eleven will be against stoke.

Lens unassisted goal

Lens unassisted goal

Lens should provide the vision that Sunderland side have lacked. ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A clear favourite for that spot in my team...

Hahaha I see what Jeremain

O'Shea with a bad tackle and yellow. I read some Sunderland articles and most think O'Shea is a liability. I'll be going Coates now

And now concedes a soft peno
    Panti saves peno and follow up. He's on for at least 15 points

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'll get your Coates :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Sterling with 2 late assists.
    Sterling or Ozil is proving to be my toughest decision, let's see what Ozil does tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

1-0: Origi(Milner)
    2-0: Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Milner with the 2nd assist as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CSF wrote: »
    What do you take from that? Who is guaranteed a start in the Sunderland defence and who is sitting on the fence? Van Aanholt a cert I assume, Jones and Matthews hard to call. O'Shea, Kaboul and Brown the 3 fighting for 2 spots in the centre?

Honestly mate I really have no idea. Everything you've said there is everything that us Sunderland fans are playing guesswork on too. I would be surprised if O'Shea didn't start mind, I think I'll just chance it. The only reason I think he didn't start today was because he had started all the other friendlies and the other two needed minutes.

Lens to be Sunderland's top scorer this year?

CSF wrote: »
    Lens to be Sunderland's top scorer this year?

5, maybe 6 goals should do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Walcott up front.
    No Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chelsea: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Remy

Subs: Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Cuadrado, Moses, Falcao

Arsenal: Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Ramsey, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Walcott

Subs: Martinez, Debuchy, Gabriel, Gibbs, Arteta, Iwobi, Giroud

2nd last day of my holiday have kept my brownie points till today. Off to the pub for the afternoon now for the match. You lads without kids don't realise how lucky u are.

No Costa, no Giroud.

Honestly I'm thinking about going back to the drawing board now with a week to go.

the trolling has begun..

honestly though i can see both Costa and Giroud starting next week. respective managers just not risking them in this game of lesser importance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

2nd last day of my holiday have kept my brownie points till today. Off to the pub for the afternoon now for the match. You lads without kids don't realise how lucky u are.

Have been building then uo myself so going to watch it too.

manual_man wrote: »
    the trolling has begun..

honestly though i can see both Costa and Giroud starting next week. respective managers just not risking them in this game of lesser importance

Costa yes. But I think Wenger genuinely sees Theo as primarily a striker now and Giroud has genuine pressure on his place.

the trolling has begun..

I can too but the last thing I need on gameweek 1 is to be sweating on starting line-ups. May be better of just going with Kane or similar who is guaranteed to play with no question marks whatsoever.

FHFC wrote: »
    Costa yes. But I think Wenger genuinely sees Theo as primarily a striker now and Giroud has genuine pressure on his place.

Have to disagree with you there. Giroud suits Arsenal as a striker imo. With Welbeck out injured Wenger is protecting Giroud ahead of the all important prem opener I think. Up to now Walcott has been used very sporadically as a striker, mostly when other strikers have been injured or in games of little or less importance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

For those of us planning to go without Hazard, this Costa news is a disaster. If Costa doesn't play it leaves me with no obvious captain choice.

Could upgrade Fabregas to Hazard but would scupper my 'Aguero plan'

Back to the drawing board!

Costa not even being on the bench is the biggest worry. Chelsea v Swansea though. Those horrible memories.

Paully D wrote: »
    I can too but the last thing I need on gameweek 1 is to be sweating on starting line-ups. May be better of just going with Kane or similar who is guaranteed to play with no question marks whatsoever.

yeah i get where you're coming from, i have both Costa and Giroud but i think i'm just gonna take the chance both will start next week. I'm fairly confident they will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

super goal by the ox
    theo assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭Invincible

super goal by the ox

Haven't lost your speed off season :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Walcott is nailed on - Arsenal's biggest threat today.

Have to disagree with you there. Giroud suits Arsenal as a striker imo. With Welbeck out injured Wenger is protecting Giroud ahead of the all important prem opener I think. Up to now Walcott has been used very sporadically as a striker, mostly when other strikers have been injured or in games of little or less importance

I'm not saying he's aheadof Giroud. But he's in the striker bracket. Walcott can play up.front alone or play off Giroud. Wenger been talking along those lines for a while...

But when asked about the England international's best position, Wenger answered: "It's a good question because it's a complicated answer. I think in all the three positions.

"If you ask him where he loves to play, I believe that even he will say that it depends a little bit on the period. Sometimes he prefers left. When I've played him on the left, he likes it as well because if he makes a good run he can score goals as well.

"In his ideal world, he would like to play with a strong guy next to him, a player who is very strong physically, and play off him. 

"He's not an aggressive striker, he's a mobile striker. He's the striker who lives from the quality of his movement and the speed of his movement."

I'm not saying he's aheadof Giroud. But he's in the striker bracket. Walcott can play up.front alone or play off Giroud. Wenger been talking along those lines for a while...

But when asked about the England international's best position, Wenger answered: "It's a good question because it's a complicated answer. I think in all the three positions.

"If you ask him where he loves to play, I believe that even he will say that it depends a little bit on the period. Sometimes he prefers left. When I've played him on the left, he likes it as well because if he makes a good run he can score goals as well.

"In his ideal world, he would like to play with a strong guy next to him, a player who is very strong physically, and play off him. 

"He's not an aggressive striker, he's a mobile striker. He's the striker who lives from the quality of his movement and the speed of his movement."

Walcott's not a bad player. Wenger likes him as part of the squad. Dunno if those quotes are recent but Wenger wanted him to re-sign so it would make sense. If we consider Giroud nailed-on, it comes down to Walcott needing to oust one of Sanchez/Ozil/Cazorla to get in the starting XI. I just can't see that happening. As a short-term punt with Sanchez not ready, sure, but after that i'd have severe reservations

Walcott's not a bad player. Wenger likes him as part of the squad. Dunno if those quotes are recent but Wenger wanted him to re-sign so it would make sense. If we consider Giroud nailed-on, it comes down to Walcott needing to oust one of Sanchez/Ozil/Cazorla to get in the starting XI. I just can't see that happening. As a short-term punt with Sanchez not ready, sure, but after that i'd have severe reservations

That's from last week. I hope he can keep a place and don't think it's out of the question. If sanchez wasn't out i wouldn't be risking him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Walcott is nailed on - Arsenal's biggest threat today.

Nailed for West Ham, but I doubt he starts more than 2 out of every 3 matches this season

Expect to see Giroud on the bench a decent amount this season even if we don't sign a new striker. He's a good player for our system but also very one dimensional and a streaky player

2 - Theo Walcott has only made 2 passes in the 1st half against Chelsea, one of them providing the assist for Arsenal's goal. Efficient.

Opta on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

is ivanovic pushing on like early last season ? or just trying to get booked like when I owned him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

km79 wrote: »
    is ivanovic pushing on like early last season ? or just trying to get booked like when I owned him!

Sitting quite deep apart from set pieces.

theo's work done for the day giroud on

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

He was poor enough today

• Advertisement

azpi off zouma on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

He didn't impress me in the central striker role today. But no one has really stood out so far.

I miss Remy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How's Ramsey playing today? I might be tempted to go that direction for my Arsenal player.

Sakho score for West Ham, no idea of assist.
    Serious 3rd striker contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

How's Ramsey playing today? I might be tempted to go that direction for my Arsenal player.
    wondering the same
    considering being boring and going cazorla now

None of the Arsenal mids standing out. Fabregas has been the best of the FPL prospects i reckon. Hes been even more.involved if anything since Oscar came.on and he dropped back to the double pivot. Coquelin had him well marked before that.

Anonymous from both Rambo and Hazard. Would not know they were playing.

JM "I don’t know if Costa will be available. He was training [we thought he would be ready] but this AM he was feeling uncomfortable" #CFC

Groundhog day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anonymous from both Rambo and Hazard. Would not know they were playing.

Hazard in particular has been very poor. Ramsey still looking dangerous in and around the box without being too involved

• Advertisement
Advertisement