Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another enlightened African leader

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

It makes me both sad and shocked that many africans complain of oppression and racism on the part of westerners with regards the immigrant deaths in the mEditerranean etc while vast swathes of african countries population fully support the state run gay witch hunt in their back gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Mass cognitive dissonance in a largely uneducated population? Can't say I'm surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

wakka12 wrote: »
    It makes me both sad and shocked that many africans complain of oppression and racism on the part of westerners with regards the immigrant deaths in the mEditerranean etc while vast swathes of african countries population fully support the state run gay witch hunt in their back gardens.

It's a consquence of the insane level of religious missionaries who established bases there. A lot of people are misinformed... this is not exclusive to people in Africa, it is a worldwide fear...it just happens to be more vocal there. There are still those in areas like Uganda and Nigeria who fight tirelessly for gay rights, look up docus like Call Me Kuchu, I wouldn't make an opinion on all who live there. You cannot directly compare Western and African culture, sadly parts of Africa have been really messed up by religious groups pumping money in areas to spread hate and gain power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Appalling savagery. None of the leaders of groups who advocate this should be allowed set foot in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

J_E wrote: »
    It's a consquence of the insane level of religious missionaries who established bases there. A lot of people are misinformed... this is not exclusive to people in Africa, it is a worldwide fear...it just happens to be more vocal there. There are still those in areas like Uganda and Nigeria who fight tirelessly for gay rights, look up docus like Call Me Kuchu, I wouldn't make an opinion on all who live there. You cannot directly compare Western and African culture, sadly parts of Africa have been really messed up by religious groups pumping money in areas to spread hate and gain power.

It's a Muslim country. Nothing to do with western missionaries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

GSF wrote: »
    It's a Muslim country. Nothing to do with western missionaries

Ah, you're right! I thought the Gambia was a 50/50 split but I'm wrong, it's actually heavily Muslim. Very disappointing.

Advertisement