Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name this film...

• 10-07-2005 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

My missus always talks about this film that she used to watch when she was a kid. It was The Little Mermaid but not the one you're thinking of, it wasn't an animated movie... The one distinctive factor was that Ariel had blue hair and it was realistic, no singing lobsters, etc...

Anyhow she used to watch it so often the tape was almost worn out and it got to the stage where it wrecked her mothers head so much that she taped over it! I wouldn't mind getting it for her but can't seem to find the name. The closest I've been able to google/imdb is some Russian movie that apparently was never in English so this couldn't be it...

Thanks in advance for any help (feck, she knows my username, hope she doesn't see this post!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Strangely enough i know exactly the film but alas no name...

...if she likes mermaids theres always 'Splash'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

as on the imdb.com board " i need to know" is the forum

there real good at helping people name that movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Cheeers for the help, I'll stick it up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

np

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Sounds like this movie...
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0160801/

A lovely, haunting film reminiscent of the Czech film, THREE NUTS FOR CINDERELLA, RUSALOCHKA is a relatively faithful adaptation of Andersen's tale, "The Little Mermaid." In this film, the mermaid does not have to give up her voice to the sea hag, but she does exchange her blue hair for legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

its not splash is it ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088161/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

thesteve wrote:
    My missus always talks about this film that she used to watch when she was a kid. It was The Little Mermaid but not the one you're thinking of, it wasn't an animated movie... The one distinctive factor was that Ariel had blue hair and it was realistic, no singing lobsters, etc...

Ah, it would take singing lobsters would make a film about a half-fish and half-woman person unrealistic :D

Advertisement