Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pedicure

• 11-03-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Ok on the off chance that I'll sound like a girl, I'm looking for pedicure advice!

I used to have problems with my feet in my teenage years, ingrown toenails, and the doctors wanted to remove them surgically in hopes that they will grow back fine. My parents brought me to a pedicure salon and over the next few months they've sorted my feet out.

As it turns out a friend of mine had the same problem, went down the surgical route and after months of pain while his toenails were growing back ended up with the same ingrown toenail problem!

Now this was abroad where it's not strange to have men in pedicure salons :)

Thankfully I haven't had any problems since, but I would like to take proper care of my feet, especially considering all the running I do and the bashing they get.

I'm not looking to get my toenails painted or anything like that, just a proper pedicure. Can anyone recommend a place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pedicures are more like manicures - for prettifying the feet.

What you need is a chiropodist/podiatrist. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

A chiropodist/podiatrist would have different and more relevant training to a beautician. The beautician makes your feet look and smell good, the podiatrist does more practical things like keep your feet in good functional order and has a bit of medical training as well.

I'd go to a podiatrist if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Thanks lads, I'll give one of the places in town a go, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

Might try the place on Westland Row first, since they're a chiropodist as well. And I'm glad there's a choice! :)

Advertisement