Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lush Products

• 29-12-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Just looking at getting a few bits from this site as a lot of people seem to recomend their products.

Just wondering what to get: Ie soaps, moisturisers etc

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

keezer wrote: »
    Just looking at getting a few bits from this site as a lot of people seem to recomend their products.

Just wondering what to get: Ie soaps, moisturisers etc

Cheers guys

What's the soap for? shaving? or just general washing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Check out this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Never used any of their products but they make great gifts for girls that you don't really know too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Cheers for the replys, general washing, pre shave really somthing to moisturise the skin etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This tread sits better here then in tGC.
    As for Lush, ewwww, can't stand the stuff. The perfume is so overwhelming that I'm unable to walk into the shop. I'm not sure if they do any products geared towards men but if their fragrances are as powerful as the womens are then I'm not going to be putting it on my shopping list.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep, they do stuff for guys. http://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=485&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80

Pity about the smell as they do have some really good products. Especially if you are any way sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Larianne wrote: »
    Especially if you are any way sensitive.
    I am sensitive, sadly it to strong perfumes. :( I find I have to hold my breath and bolt through the perfume sections of department stores to get to the gents sections.

I'll have a browse through their web pages and get the Kiddlets to fetch me some soap to try out.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Even walking past that shop makes me feel sick but I'd love to be able to go in there, I have heard they have great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

well stay away from any of their scrubs, I used one for the first time the other day and it nearly took half my skin off, very strong, I had scraps all over my arms from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

I really like Lush and their products -but I do admit that the smell when walking past the shop is off putting. My ex used to get very bad shaving rash so I gave him a product that I had bought in there and he found it really helped....Ok granted the name of the product is not the most manly of names but it did work...its called 'angels on bare skin' (I told you so!:D) but it has lavender in it which calmed the shaving rash.......

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My partner likes both their shaving creams Prince and Razortorium. The Razortorium is better for tackling tough stubble but the Prince gives a smoother shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I really don't understand the hype around this brand :confused: it's mostly just smelly soap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's not really though. Their skincare range is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

Their face masks are FAB! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I like their products but the staff in their shops are so annoying, they just won't leave you alone, giggling and wanting to rub creams on your hands. They don't understand what "I'm just looking" means. I've been in several Lush shops here and abroad and it's all the same so I stopped going in, I just end up with a headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

their hand cream is really nice, it really does work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Magenta wrote: »
    I like their products but the staff in their shops are so annoying, they just won't leave you alone, giggling and wanting to rub creams on your hands. They don't understand what "I'm just looking" means. I've been in several Lush shops here and abroad and it's all the same so I stopped going in, I just end up with a headache.

I think a lot of people are put off by them, I refuse to go in to any of their shops anymore, they're ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Magenta wrote: »

Agreed. They seem to hire generically kooky hard selling types; who fail miserably to disguise the fact that they have an enormous personal sales target for the day behind their annoying kooky facade. But then they often fail at the selling bit too. I've laughed on more than one occasion at their pathetic link sell efforts. Lush could have a side-line consultancy business on 'How not to sell':D.

I also dislike the fact that at times they go out of their way NOT to make you aware of whatever deal of the week they have so that you'll spend more money. This has happened me twice, in both instances I've overheard another assistant telling other customers about it and have had to then say it to the person dealing with me who usually feigns forgetfulness(:rolleyes:).

They definately do make some gems of products tho; if the sales assistant can stay out of your face long enough for you to buy them:pac:. I'd actually recommend buying from their online site instead. shipping is ok, the parcel is always beautiful wrapped and they always give you great samples and sometimes some free stuff too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 chocolate_cat

Lush staff dont have personal sales targets. They are bouncy and enthastic beacuse a)they are paid to do that, b)inhaling that much essential oils all day every day will make you a bit hyper. If you dont like the customer service, call for the manager and explain the situation, or email the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Word of caution: If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT go for a face pack known as Phresh Pharmacy. I'm normally good with calomine-based products but this stuff left me with weeping sores all across my hairline around my nose. It's possible I may have gotten a botched batch but I say it as a word of caution-the Phresh Pharmacy is not as 'sensitive and gentle' as it lets on.

That horror story aside, I'm a long-time fan of Happy Hippy Hair and Body Gel.
    It leaves my hair uber-soft and it's light enough to use daily so my scalp doesn't irritate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement