Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair clippers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you are someone who shaves their head to the same length all over I can see the uses TBH. It even comes with a normal machine to do your hairline.

Looks quite cool, but I like having hair so I wouldn't use it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I use a phillips one and love it. Nice tight shave. No arsing around. The KEY is to get one with ceramic plates / blades. This means it doesn't need to be oiled all the time. My one cost me around 60-70 quid at the time. You can get cheap ones for a score, but they'll be the ones that need oiling. It's definitely worth paying the extra for ceramic ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How short is the hair being cut?

Argos are doing PHILLIPS qc5170 at a very good price. My Wife to be got her dad one for around 30-40 euro. Original price was near 70.

I used one myself for a while. Its a good clipper as there are only two combs that have 5 settings each and they lock into differant lengths so it means less bits mess with or to lose! Also the head pivots 180 degrees so you can use it at an angle making it good for doing your own hair. No oiling of blades needed.

Now I use a babyliss I-trim as I have my hair very very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

I'm just talking about a mark I setting. I've seen that Philips model mentioned elsewhere. A lot of people seem to like it.

Advertisement