Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Ingolsby - what's he doing now ?

Options
  • 23-08-2007 12:27pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭

does he still sell his poetry on the street ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He sure does, see him around Westmoreland St quite a bit. He seems to have got quite cranky in his old age. Probably from all teh fcukers pointing and giggling when they see him and ignoring his sublime works of poetry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I always feel really depressed when I see him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Who?

annoying sh1t #99- people talking about obscure people without introduction as if they were more known than George Bush.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Yes. And Ingoldsby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Allow me to jump straight to it: Pat Ingoldsby - Google. No, it won't go in the Dublin forum. Die.

(Not @ OP)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah saw him on saturday walking down westmoreland street pulling all the books behind him, has anyone ever bought/seen him selling a book?

xzanti wrote:
    Why? Were you once in a relationship with him which ended very badly? He probably wrote a poem about you. Could have went a little like this.

Making love, both day and night
    to a girl called xzanti,
    she was so special, a piece of art,
    just like the works of dante

Then I went and rode her friend,
    behind sweet xzantis back,
    because she had much nicer boobs,
    and was better in the sack.

Where are you now my sweet sweet xzanti?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Pighead wrote:
    Why? Were you once in a relationship with him which ended very badly? He probably wrote a poem about you. Could have went a little like this.

to a girl called xzanti,

LOLS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Karoma wrote:
    Allow me to jump straight to it: Pat Ingolsby - Google.

Google...pfft, please. It aint 1998 man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Ingoldsby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Google...pfft, please. It aint 1998 man.

ooh... Karoma got SERVED.

• Advertisement

yeah saw him on saturday walking down westmoreland street pulling all the books behind him, has anyone ever bought/seen him selling a book?

I have 5 or 6 of his books, they're absolutely class. He writes some really funny ones, and a few nostalgic "remember my childhood in Malahide" type ones that aren't the best.

Here's one of my favourites (from memory, Pat, so i hope i do it justice)

Silence

The lift was full of people
    The lift was full of silence
    The lift was full of people who would have said something,
    if only they could think of something to say.

A man spoke loudly.
    "My doctor"..he said,
    "My Doctor has assured me that,
    provided i take my medication on time,
    I will no longer feel like swinging an axe around crowded lifts"

The man looked at his watch and said "Oh Sh1t"

You have never heard a silence like it.

/\/\/\/\/\/\.........quality stuff altogether.

He also has a poem entitled

"Fair play to the man who painted the railings around Merrion Square, for as far as i can tell, he didn't spill a drop"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was on Pat's Chat once. I mentioned this fact to Pat himself while buying a couple of books from him and I thought he was going to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Cry from fond memories, or cry from "I can't believe I presented a kids TV show where we told the kids to shout into the telly to make their name come up on screen*"?

*I used to do this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote:

Why's that,my pretty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pighead wrote:

to a girl called xzanti,

LOL, oh you absolute assO... The lads here in work are wondering why I'm breaking my bollox laughing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

He's on Westmoreland St. as I type, with his books laid out around him, and a sign saying 'Irish writer, sorry not dead yet', which gets lets funny every time you see it. Or at least he was when I walked past him to get the bus home. He was braying with sycophantic laughter with a guy who'd stopped to talk to him. That's the first time I've seen anyone talking to him or paying him any attention and I've walked past him every day this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

That's the first time I've seen anyone talking to him or paying him any attention and I've walked past him every day this week.

Surely you must have been paying attention to take note of that, thus making it untrue?

edit: this is me suggesting that Improv is posting badly... ^_^

passive wrote:
    Surely you must have been paying attention to take note of that, thus making it untrue?
    Are you suggesting that Improv was Posting Badly? Because if you were, that would be a weird and wonderful coincidence seeing as Posting Badly is an anagram of Pat Ingoldsby.

The circle is complete. Thread Locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Is he still in the wax museum? I think I mentioned this before, but he reminds me of earwax.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the wax museum isnt still in the wax museum ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Pighead wrote:
    Are you suggesting that Improv was Posting Badly? Because if you were, that would be a weird and wonderful coincidence seeing as Posting Badly is an anagram of Pat Ingoldsby.

The circle is complete. Thread Locked.

Nod Stably, Pig.

(which is akin to taking a bow.)

Bambi wrote:
    the wax museum isnt still in the wax museum ffs

Isn't it. Aww :( when did that happen?

oh right. Few years ago. Just googled it now :Dhttp://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2007-07-30-wax-ireland_N.htm

Hehe. Naked Fascists.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

boreds wrote:
    Isn't it. Aww :( when did that happen?

When they decided dublin needed another hotel :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

i have bought lots of books from him on the street - all really good and funny. I would recommend "half a hug" if you want to get a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

boreds wrote:
    Is he still in the wax museum? I think I mentioned this before, but he reminds me of earwax.

I hope not - it was flattened!:(

I feel sorry for him too. I'm sure some day they'll do a programme on him for RTE akin to the Aidan Walsh one where people that couldnt give two fu(ks about him (and still dont) queued up to appear on the documentary singing his praises! Makes me sick I tells ya!

...not that I'm a fan of Aidan Walsh or compare him to Pat for a second, I just hate the way these brown nosers sniff around when the time is right. I'm glad to see he's out there every day and publishing his own books. LOVED Pat's Chat as a kid.... whatever happened that they kicked him off it??

Advertisement