Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Boards stays around for a long time.....

• 22-08-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

How surreal is it going to be looking back at posts you made 20/30 years ago?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,398 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Well a lot of Boardsies are already grumpy gits anyway so probably won't be too surreal when they actually are old men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How? search is borked :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I bet 'YORE MA' will still be much in use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I joined over five years ago, that's already further back than I'd like to look.

whiskeyman wrote:
    I bet 'YORE MA' will still be much in use...

The expression or the actual ma in question? Cos in twenty or thirty years those mas are gonna be pretty damn old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

that's already further back than I'd like to look.

I second the motion =/

But that's a pretty cool thought... Like reading school copies or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was planning on opening an account for 6th jnr (he's 6 weeks old) and giving it to him when he turns 15 ... imagine in 2023 getting an 2007 account!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If coolsmileygirls kids check up her old posts, it'll give them some vital clues as to who their real fathers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Will the Photoshop Tennis still be going?
    Will there be still people looking for Ugg boards over on Fashion & Appearance?
    I shutter to think what Ruus postcount will be then...
    Will everyone from BGRH forum be dead from heart disease & liver failure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Pighead wrote:
    If coolsmileygirls kids check up her old posts, it'll give them some vital clues as to who their real fathers are.

LoL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Pighead wrote:

Thats not very funny. or nice.
    If pigheads kids check up on his old posts..oh no....wait..who would sleep with pighead in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Pighead wrote:

LMFAO at that!

This thread also makes me wonder, what event could possibly initiate the downfall of boards?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Global warming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

whiskeyman wrote:

It'll be eleventy billion (not a number now but will be in the future). :) The glorious 3AM club will be down to 3 of the original members after the others dieing of caffeine overdoses.:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

whiskeyman wrote:

We get new members all the time there's bound to be someone left to continue on the BGRH ways. Plus whenever the news interviews these people who are 180 million years old they always say they drink, smoke and eat rubbish food so maybe this is the secret to long life.

Femmy wrote:
    Thats not very funny. or nice.

Agreed
    Femmy wrote:
    If pigheads kids check up on his old posts..oh no....wait..who would sleep with pighead in the first place?.

Couldn't possibly comment on that bit as he's already been crying about me picking on him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Pighead wrote:
    ROFL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Pighead wrote:

pighead will have gone from first person to turd person to old person to dead person so that's something to look forward to !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

whiskeyman wrote:
    Thanks for showing me that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Seeing as I can find a thread I made 2 years ago [it was a (now)hilarious thread on the counter strike forum] that's probably going to be hard to find ones you've made 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've often thought about this, there'll be too many in jokes.

Caliden wrote:
    Seeing as I can find a thread I made 2 years ago [it was a (now)hilarious thread on the counter strike forum] that's probably going to be hard to find ones you've made 20 years ago.
    Pff, noob.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=143854&referrerid=&highlight=
    :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

whiskeyman wrote:
    Naaaaa, he will have long since lost count! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Pighead, you should know better than to attack the girls on threads like this... You remember what happened the last time you did that don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

oink, oink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

DarkJager wrote:
    You remember what happened the last time you did that don't you?

Prolly not ! The attention span of a goldfish..........

The attention span of a goldfish !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

DarkJager wrote:
    Pighead, you should know better than to attack the girls on threads like this... You remember what happened the last time you did that don't you?
    Sure do. Pighead highlighted Irishbirds disgraceful anti-mental sentiments and to be fair to her, she hasn't said a bad word about them since. Everyones a winner!
    By the way DJ think you'd better bring your brother Collie D to the imaginary bar, the lads in foul humour today!

Aw is Collie D picking on you Pighead? You don't seem able for the arguements anymore...I think I'll make you a nice retirement thread, right here in AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DarkJager wrote:
    Aw is Collie D picking on you Pighead? You don't seem able for the arguements anymore...I think I'll make you a nice retirement thread, right here in AH.

Worst comeback ever

• Advertisement

Comeback from what?? He didn't exactly say anything worth coming back from.

Advertisement