Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are short guys attractive?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 T-Boner

Bendihorse wrote:
    Good man Mairt, out with the condescending BS, i feel really 'small' and insignificant :rolleyes: indeed lol

'Come on stumpy couple, kick the big fella's arse [or bite his ankles :) ].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Im probably taller that you T Boner ;)

Right im going to walk away from this one, its pointless, was just meant to be a bit of fun alas that never happes in here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bendihorse wrote:
    Im probably taller that you T Boner ;)

Right im going to walk away from this one, its pointless, was just meant to be a bit of fun alas that never happes in here :)

LOL, thats hilarious.

Your the one who tried escalated this into an argument with your anger issues, then you walk away :rolleyes:

(Bet your chomping at the bit now, admit it ;) )

Lol Mairt, have you been reading my previous posts?? :D

"(Bet your chomping at the bit now, admit it;) )"

I commented on something that you said that i thought was condescending, small minded and generalising - maybe it was the 'little ****' part or the whole post in general i duno, but im over it now :)

Im probably being a bollox myself by bothering to reply :rolleyes: its too easy to get sucked in to the mire here :LOL: Lie down with the dog...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Sounds to me you have a self-inflated sense of bouncer ego:

"Speaking as a tall man... (6'3'' and built like a brick sh*thouse )"
    "I've done door work for over 15yrs and its ALWAYS the little wanker trying to kick off."
    "Now I'm 6'2'', I compete (judo) at 115kgs +/- and was competitively kickboxing at 95kgs and I sometimes have to think to myself.... "Oh, oh Mairto here goes, another shortarsed wanker in for a world of pain".."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Terry wrote:
    I spit on your 6'.
    6' 2" here.

I'd never do a chick shorter than me.

6' 4"

In your face, little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Actually I'm an extremly confident person, to the point of arrogance.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 T-Boner

Kali wrote:
    Sounds to me you have a self-inflated sense of bouncer ego:

"Speaking as a tall man... (6'3'' and built like a brick sh*thouse )"
    "I've done door work for over 15yrs and its ALWAYS the little wanker trying to kick off."
    "Now I'm 6'2'', I compete (judo) at 115kgs +/- and was competitively kickboxing at 95kgs and I sometimes have to think to myself.... "Oh, oh Mairto here goes, another shortarsed wanker in for a world of pain".."

Well he is a big fecker, with skills. I wouldn't want to cross him :(

Oh, I'm an even 6ft so although I'm not tall I'm not a shorty either.

The SMS thing bothers me too btw. I've seen more little lads get they're arse's handed to them its not even funny.

My small man got his arse well and truely handed to him too, and its a peach ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Speaking as someone who is 6'5" and built like a brick sh1thouse, I do not find short men attractive or any other men for that matter!!!! :p

Poontang FTW!!! Also, ze wimmens love the tall men.......in your faces to whoever is short!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 laney82

I'm 5'3" (ish) and went out with a short guy (5'8"??) for five years but my current bf is 6' and I love it!

Come to think of it, my EX could have had SMS - would explain alot- seemed to have a bit of chip on the shoulder :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mary Jo

whats the average height of the irish not a great deal of info on the web. suppose the mean heights would be more relavant.

the average height of males and females in the general Kilkenny area between the ages of 35 and 44 years is 5' 9" and 5' 4" respectively
    http://www.irlgov.ie/debates-98/31mar98/sect6.htm

http://www.shanemcdonald.com/laughs/l-ireland-and-the-irish.html
    men 5ft 7"
    women 5ft 5"

so tom cruise would fit right in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

It's no wonder some men are touchy about their height when lads 5'8" or 5'9" are referred to as short. They're not short they're average (in Ireland anyway). I am just under 5'10 myself and frequently get called short - I admit it does annoy me but also makes me think the person calling me short hasn't a clue.

Even though women seem obsessed with mens' height they tend to be crap at judging height - I know one who has referred to a guy we both know who's 6 foot 5 as "not tall". She constantly talks about how tall her bf is even though he is shorter than the other fella!

Also many men exaggerate their height and women fall for their BS, if some lad who's 5'10" says he's 6'2" there'll always be some dopey woman who'll believe him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

Holmer wrote:
    Hey. Was looking at the are redheads sexy thread and was inspired to ask, as a guy of 5 foot 5, what's the general perception among the girls to short arsed fellas (though not necessarily taller than themselves). I guess we should expand it to ask how the lads would feel about seeing a girl who was taller than themselves too. Opinions please.

This Ireland, Its all about what you have, what you own, your social standings. who are you. Girls in Ireland ask questions like "what can you do for me" "what do you have" "what do you own". They are very needy, they are still stuck in that 1980's buzz of "what have you done for me lately" Janet Jackson ****ing crap.

Best line I ever heard was in a pub in Dublin, the girl asked "which one of you is the engineer", we just cracked up. How ****ing shallow can you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm 5'4". I'm as short as they come :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

dlofnep wrote:
    I'm 5'4". I'm as short as they come :(
    sorry i just pop into this thread now and again. Are you very self conscious of it though??
    are Shorter men Generally Very Conscious of it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

How tall is Ray D'Arcy? Watching him on TV now and he seems about arse high to a grasshopper (tho maybe I just need a bigger TV). Anyway I can't imagine a woman alive who wouldn't want to hop into his bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Niamho! wrote:
    sorry i just pop into this thread now and again. Are you very self conscious of it though??
    are Shorter men Generally Very Conscious of it??

Well I only ever considered my self below average height and not "short". I was the same height and even taller then some of my friends until I reached 16 and stopped growing (and ageing it seems :( ) but it still took awhile to kick in probably because one of my mates is about 5'3 so he would be the "short guy"

I only really became "conscious" of it when I began to realise how big a deal it was for women. A girl told me once that "I would be very good looking if I was taller."

But still personally I'm not that self conscious of my height (although this thread probably wont help :p) as walking down the street at 5'8 I don't feel like people are towering over me. I would deffo be of the opinion that...Dublin anyway has a much shorter population then other places.

My friend who's 5'3 on the other hand is VERY self conscious about it to the point of depression. Heights a bitch for been seen as such an ugly feature since its impossible to change.

Then again my other mate whos very tall is extremely self-conscious of his height too! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Being 6-5 im pretty much the top of the food chain ;) when resources get scarce im gonna be the great Humungus!

It has advantages- good for sports, fights, reaching things that are high, and no girl is ever too tall for me.

It has disadvantages- always hit my head of things, people wont stop saying " wow youre tall!".

All in all i like being tall though.

• Advertisement

spooiirt!! wrote:
    Being 6-5 im pretty much the top of the food chain ;) when resources get scarce im gonna be the great Humungus!

It has advantages- good for sports, fights, reaching things that are high, and no girl is ever too tall for me.

It has disadvantages- always hit my head of things, people wont stop saying " wow youre tall!".

All in all i like being tall though.

I know it wrecks my head when people say that! Its also a disadvantage being tall when sitting on a bus/plane, etc.

TBH if i had the open choice and personality and everything else didn't come into it, i think id go for someone around 5ft9 - 6ft1, someone that was a similar height to myself.
    IMO tiny girls going out with huge lads look just as odd as a tall girl with a small fella... but if everyones happy then height shouldn't come into it :)
    Theres someone for everyone as they say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Simply answer no. But being too tall isn't attractive either.

spooiirt!! wrote:
    people wont stop saying " wow youre tall!"

Yeah that irritates the **** out of me!!!! :mad:

O rly.......I'd never noticed :rolleyes:

It's not like I say to them.......wow you're fat/bet down/handicapped/black/chinese.......seriously just stfu!!!

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Yeah that irritates the **** out of me!!!! :mad:

O rly.......I'd never noticed :rolleyes:

It's not like I say to them.......wow you're fat/bet down/handicapped/black/chinese.......seriously just stfu!!!

lol, 'wow! you're really chinese!' hahaha

Exactly, too many captain obvious people about tbh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Personally about 5" 8 - 5ft 9", my girlfriend is about 5ft 4". I like small girls better. More than an inch or two taller than me and I'm freaked. Doesnt look/feel right.

I know a dutch guy who was here in 'nam. He was pretty damn tall. He was like a carnival attraction everywhere he went. He was a dutch f-16 pilot.
    He said during training that should he ever eject he would've left his legs behind! Thats dedication!

Advertisement