Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are short guys attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine being short and ginger :eek: You'd want to have done something awful in the previous lifetime!

My wife thinks Seth Green is VERY sexy and I can see it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

6th wrote:
    My wife thinks Seth Green is VERY sexy and I can see it too.

He looks like an extra from Gremlins :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine being short and ginger

You mean to be ginger-short-bred? Yes, that would be inconvenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

It doesn't matter as long as you have a big mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Seth Green is always entertaining:

Buffy
    Italian Job
    Without a Paddle
    Austin Powers
    .. and as the voice of Chris Griffin

Check out: http://www.celebheights.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

i always kinda go for guys taller than me but im 5ft4 ish, its not about how tall they are!! its about personality and all that!!:D
    now in saying that i wouldnt go for a guy who is like 4ft or anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

now in saying that i wouldnt go for a guy who is like 4ft or anything :)

He'd be eternally grateful if you did, you could sneak him into clubs for free in your handbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like tall girls, am 5'11'', one GF was around the same and taller in heels, didnt bother me, but I think it is because she it was the more unusual height. If I was 5foot and my GF was a normal height and bigger than me I wouldnt be impressed. Small lads usually end up with small GF's. I think it more odd when you have big & small couples, I always wonder what position they use, if in missionary the girl could be looking at the lads stomach! or vice versa for big girls, suppose some small lads enjoy a face full of tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I don't find short guys attractive in general, but there are exceptions.
    For example, I am absolutely in love with Dermot O' Leary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It doesn't matter as long as you have a big mickey.

My mickey used to be huge, but after the dog tore it up when I was a kid, I got a much smaller donald duck to replace it. At least I didnt get goofy, I hate that damn dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Gizzle wrote:
    He'd be eternally grateful if you did, you could sneak him into clubs for free in your handbag.

Let me get this straight; you're claiming princess-lala has a 4 foot handbag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I went out with a short ginger guy once.

Looking back I think he did have that angry-shortman syndrome thingy :o

Lets just say there was a compensation that another poster has already mentioned :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I generally dont go for Shorter Blokes. I'm 5' 7" .....

Like...if a bloke was chattin me up and was quite a bit Shorter i'd be fairly put off. ....sorry.

BUT i Did fancy the pants off a barman from Boomerang one time who was only about 5' 3" ...ish. and i wouldnt have cared. ...thats what i said at the time anyway.

Earthhorse wrote:
    Let me get this straight; you're claiming princess-lala has a 4 foot handbag?

Well, in the foetal position that's about 2 and a half foot, and I've seen many a handbag bigger than 2 1/2 ft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Niamho! wrote:
    I generally dont go for Shorter Blokes. I'm 5' 7" .....

Like...if a bloke was chattin me up and was quite a bit Shorter i'd be fairly put off. ....sorry.

BUT i Did fancy the pants off a barman from Boomerang one time who was only about 5' 3" ...ish. and i wouldnt have cared. ...thats what i said at the time anyway.
    That's because he was a barman.
    They get all the chicks.
    I have no idea why though.
    Maybe it's because they are handing you drinks all night.

As for the short people, just remember: Words are like bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

are short ppl attractive?
    are avg ppl attractive?
    are tall ppl attractive?

meh

but

no
    yes
    maybe
    ;)

thats in men tho

women goes:
    yes
    yes
    maybe

Gizzle wrote:
    Well, in the foetal position that's about 2 and a half foot, and I've seen many a handbag bigger than 2 1/2 ft!

Damn! I really wanted to see a four foot handbag.

Really not feeling the love for us small people on this thread. I'm off to invade Russia again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

farohar wrote:
    You're actually angry? Think of it this way, saved you dating someone so shallow.

No I'm not angry, I was just completely shocked that someone would avoid a relationship with someone because they wouldn't want to be seen with anyone shorter than themselves. She actually said that if I was taller there wouldn't be a problem. :confused:

Terry wrote:
    That's because he was a barman.
    They get all the chicks.
    I have no idea why though.
    Maybe it's because they are handing you drinks all night.

As for the short people, just remember: Words are like bullets.
    you could have a point there. althugh i wouldnt go for a Barman just coz he's a Barman. Same With Dj's....whats that all about??

I dont hate Short people! its just a bit off-putting if a bloke is Shorter. i would make Exceptions though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I'm 5ft 1 so quite short but the shortest boyfriend I have every had was 5ft 11. I just am attracted to tall guys. I was recently hit on by a guy who was about 5 ft 3 but although he was a nice guy, I just didn't find him attractive. That's it, nothing I can do about it! And for the person whi said it was shallow, of course it is -Physical attraction is shallow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Pighead wrote:
    Chicks also dig lads who can string a sentence together properly. Frankenstein was a tall chap too, but you didn't see him beating the ladies off.

Frankenstein was the creator of the monster; the monster was not called Frankenstein...

I'm 5'9"/5'10" ish but most people think I'm taller. So in shoes/runners I'm close enough to six foot I suppose. I never really saw myself with a tall girl but the girl I'm with now is the same height as me. If she wears heels she's well over 6 foot beside me. Though her last boyfriend was smaller than her so she likes the fact I'm the same height.
    As for the 'throwing her round the gaff while giving her one' - ye I manage that pretty well. Was at this one the other day bouncing her up and down like a human pogo stick so the height aspect isn't an issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Could you imagine being short and ginger
    Could you imagine being tall and ginger. At least when your small and ginger you can hide in a crowd, tall and ginger you shine out from a mile away like a bloody lighthouse.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Could you imagine being tall and ginger. At least when your small and ginger you can hide in a crowd, tall and ginger you shine out from a mile away like a bloody lighthouse.
    You're goin straight to hell.....lol.

I'll see ya there!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'm 6' and i briefly went out with a girl who was 6'2''...she was a basketball player....tbh i found it a little weird!!!

Steve_o wrote:
    I'm 6' and i briefly went out with a girl who was 6'2''...she was a basketball player....tbh i found it a little weird!!!

I would find it a bit weirder if you went out with a 5'2" basketball player personally.

Gauge wrote:
    I don't have a problem with short guys unless they suffer from Angry Overcompensating Short Man Syndrome, which is unattractive in itself :(
    Yes I've found most short guys to be assholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

For those who don't speak CSGish the above sentence translates to "I got dumped by a short guy once"

Shame on you CSG judging all short arses on one failed romance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The fact that they've been assholes to you probably has nothing to do with them being short love! ;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

That has to the the strongest statement till now ! :D

Short people are clever.very difficult personalities. IMO

that said i am 5' 11" I dont know what that counts as Tall or short !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Terry........... 6'2???

My mental picture of you is changing ................. for the better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Short people are clever.

Thats a very random thing to say! Do you mean more clever than tall people? I'm 6'4", do you think I'm a stupid b*stard?

Thats a very random thing to say! Do you mean more clever than tall people? I'm 6'4", do you think I'm a stupid b*stard?

Well what i said was =IMO= In My Opinion

What does that tells you ?

That was based on personal experiences so far throughout life.

I could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Orlee wrote:
    Terry........... 6'2???

Just grab hold of his leg why don't you

My God some of you have very strange ideas about short people. You'd swear we were a different species.

I think to rectify the situation, we should start a song;

Altogether now...In the air of "Who Likes Short Shorts"

"Who likes short-arse?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,536 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Niamho! wrote:
    you could have a point there. althugh i wouldnt go for a Barman just coz he's a Barman. Same With Dj's....whats that all about??

Because we're well cool ;)

Well, I think its because we play the tracks that facilitate them to be vapid whores on the dance floor. Its well annoying to have a crowd of blonde bimbos hassling you ever 3 minutes asking for ****ing Rihanna then refusing to leave the box.

As goes the height, I'm 6'5". Don't have much issues scoring....

Orlee wrote:
    Terry........... 6'2???

I hate to ruin the illusion, but...

Ah, not really. I love ruining the illusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Did you come to pillage?

Thought about looking through Know your nerds but wasn't bothered#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You have lovely blonde hair Terry. I'd like to stroke it and maybe even braid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Earthhorse wrote:
    My God some of you have very strange ideas about short people. You'd swear we were a different species.

Yeah, the norms are always tryin to keep us down.It's true we are all the same height lyin down, though we're not all the same length... Seriously though I really don't care much what anyone makes of my height, just wanted to hear what yall thought. A friend of mine died of cancer this time last year and things like that make you realise most sh1t isn't worth botherin with. Be grateful with what you got i say:)

All that same height lying down.
    That's a load of crap.

With my belly, I'm taller than most.

Terry wrote:
    I hate to ruin the illusion, but...

Ah, not really. I love ruining the illusion.

Nice Picture I am deepely Impressed.Have to believe some are gifted by GOD
    :D. You must have great social life :p

Does your height include those Horns on top of your head ?:p

Nice Picture I am deepely Impressed.Have to believe some are gifted by GOD
    :D. You must have great social life :p

Does your height include those Horns on top of your head ?:p
    As with my height while lying down, the horns are extra.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Short guys are attractive to to the ladies but mainly because they try that little bit harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

I usually tell people and indicate in writing that I am 6 foot. Even though I am really 5 foot 11.

Since so many others do the same nobody has called me out on it yet.

I think most people add an inch. People tend to compare with others rather than take a measurement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I don't like pocket people, I'd feel like I was a dating a Borrower. Most small men seem to have Small Man Syndrome anyway, all inherently angry at the world and those around them because they know a pair of Cuban heels would help them get through life but don't want to be seen as girly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane™

Niamho! wrote:

I worked as a short barman once and I found the longer I worked there, the more attractive I appeared, I also noticed I became more of an arseh*le I became...

Thankfully I'm no longer that attracive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Duckjob wrote:
    I'm 5"9ish and I'd do me...
    Also 5"9 and I'd do me...:D :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Earthhorse wrote:

It's possible :D

6'4" here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm 5'9", and would never have dated guys shorter than me. They seemed to be the only type I could attract, though! I struck lucky eventually with 6' guy and married him!

• Advertisement
Advertisement