Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are short guys attractive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

The String is 5' 7" but right enough is always surrounded by giants. Still a tenacious little fupper though.

Napoleon complex? Small man syndrome?

I'd ratger be Napoleon than

...Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Earthhorse wrote:
    At one stage they ran an experiment where they created numerous cardboard cutouts of the presenter; one his original height, another at 5'2", another at 5'5", then at 5'7", 6'0 and 6'2". Women were asked to place a sticker on the ones they found most attractive and they ended up exclusively on the two tallest models.

Inconclusive! It could just be that he was an goddamn ugly bastid and that since his face was blown up more the bigger pix the resolution suffered making his puglike features blurrier and more softened.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Holmer wrote:
    The String is 5' 7" but right enough is always surrounded by giants. Still a tenacious little fupper though.

Napoleon complex? Small man syndrome?

I'd ratger be Napoleon than

...Bono.
    Yay.
    It's the Bono bandwagon again.

Everyone get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Pigman II wrote:
    Inconclusive! It could just be that he was an goddamn ugly bastid and that since his face was blown up more the bigger pix the resolution suffered making his puglike features blurrier and more softened.

He was an ugly bast*rd but the blow was done professionally so if anything the bigger pics would have highlighted his ugliness to the ladies.
    Terry wrote:
    When you're taller, you get the cleavage shot.

Also, when you're smaller women can keep an eye on you easier. Very hard to sneak a peak. You have to master the art of staring into the middle distance.

Earthhorse wrote:
    He was an ugly bast*rd but the blow was done professionally so if anything the bigger pics would have highlighted his ugliness to the ladies.

Ok then the only other possible explaination is that the bulge in his pants was bigger in the larger cut-outs. Women can be very particular about the size of a mans wallet.

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    Ok then the only other possible explaination is that the bulge in his pants was bigger in the larger cut-outs. Women can be very particular about the size of a mans wallet.

Agreed. Everyone on my basketball team says the same thing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

6 ft 4, chicks did the tallness, shorty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Chicks also dig lads who can string a sentence together properly. Frankenstein was a tall chap too, but you didn't see him beating the ladies off.

Moral of the story: You're tallness will not guarantee you sex. Pighead strongly advises you learn our language Amazotheamazing, if you plan on forming relationships with our beautiful women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Who says I want relationships? You can pull women with the verbals Pighead, I'll just rely on my good looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Pighead wrote:
    Frankenstein was a tall chap too, but you didn't see him beating the ladies off.
    I guess he gave off a gay vibe. I mean, he was chased by many a man who carried a torch for him.

• Advertisement

Crucifix wrote:
    I guess he gave off a gay vibe. I mean, he was chased by many a man who carried a torch for him.

That's true but let's not forget that he did get himself a bride. People said the two of them were so ideally matched that they must have been made for each other.

Well, even Jaws off James Bond got a girl in the end, and he was as verbally dextrous as you are, so yeah you've got me there. But you can come around and sweep the cobwebs out of the high corners in my livin room if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm 5' 4" (May actually be 5' 3" ;) ), a girl once told me the only reason she wouldn't go out with me was because she couldn't go out with anyone shorter than herself. Fuppin' bitch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't have a problem with short guys unless they suffer from Angry Overcompensating Short Man Syndrome, which is unattractive in itself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    I'm 5' 4" (May actually be 5' 3" ;) ), a girl once told me the only reason she wouldn't go out with me was because she couldn't go out with anyone shorter than herself. Fuppin' bitch :mad:
    You're actually angry? Think of it this way, saved you dating someone so shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'm 5"9ish and I'd do me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Who says I want relationships? You can pull women with the verbals Pighead, I'll just rely on my good looks.

*cringe*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Gauge wrote:
    I don't have a problem with short guys unless they suffer from Angry Overcompensating Short Man Syndrome, which is unattractive in itself :(

On the other hand many exceedingly tall guys have a very arrogant approach to people, wrongly assuming that being tall makes you an authority on everything and makes you physically intimidating :rolleyes:

Thankfully I view my 5' 7" height as fine for me :) I've never wished to be taller or smaller although a friend of mine in secondary school got the nickname "Titch" despite being slightly taller than me thanks to the fact that he went beserk anytime someone mentioned his short stature :D

My wife is about an inch taller than me...until she puts on high heels :) If a woman is shallow enough to see height as an issue then that's her problem not mine or any shorter guy tbh.

Interestingly, most of the tall guys I know are intimidated by men a few inches taller than them and almost terrified of tall women. I've grown up with being short so am never intimidated by height...and I'm never cramped on long flights or train journeys :D

Are short guys attractive? Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Could you imagine being short and ginger :eek: You'd want to have done something awful in the previous lifetime!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm 5'6" and Mrs. 6th is 5'3" ....... that said I am sure taller women are crazy about me because I'm a fuppin' roide!

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine being short and ginger :eek: You'd want to have done something awful in the previous lifetime!

My wife thinks Seth Green is VERY sexy and I can see it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

6th wrote:
    My wife thinks Seth Green is VERY sexy and I can see it too.

He looks like an extra from Gremlins :p

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine being short and ginger

You mean to be ginger-short-bred? Yes, that would be inconvenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

It doesn't matter as long as you have a big mickey.

Seth Green is always entertaining:

Buffy
    Italian Job
    Without a Paddle
    Austin Powers
    .. and as the voice of Chris Griffin

Check out: http://www.celebheights.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

i always kinda go for guys taller than me but im 5ft4 ish, its not about how tall they are!! its about personality and all that!!:D
    now in saying that i wouldnt go for a guy who is like 4ft or anything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

now in saying that i wouldnt go for a guy who is like 4ft or anything :)

He'd be eternally grateful if you did, you could sneak him into clubs for free in your handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I like tall girls, am 5'11'', one GF was around the same and taller in heels, didnt bother me, but I think it is because she it was the more unusual height. If I was 5foot and my GF was a normal height and bigger than me I wouldnt be impressed. Small lads usually end up with small GF's. I think it more odd when you have big & small couples, I always wonder what position they use, if in missionary the girl could be looking at the lads stomach! or vice versa for big girls, suppose some small lads enjoy a face full of tit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I don't find short guys attractive in general, but there are exceptions.
    For example, I am absolutely in love with Dermot O' Leary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It doesn't matter as long as you have a big mickey.

My mickey used to be huge, but after the dog tore it up when I was a kid, I got a much smaller donald duck to replace it. At least I didnt get goofy, I hate that damn dog.

Advertisement