Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are short guys attractive?

• 16-08-2007 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hey. Was looking at the are redheads sexy thread and was inspired to ask, as a guy of 5 foot 5, what's the general perception among the girls to short arsed fellas (though not necessarily taller than themselves). I guess we should expand it to ask how the lads would feel about seeing a girl who was taller than themselves too. Opinions please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tom Cruise, Napoleon, Jimmy Krankie. All short men, yet all absolute dreamboats. The answer your looking for is obviously: YES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

The oft quoted refrain is "at least they (the short person) would not have to bend over to...."

I'll say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'm 5 '8 does that count as short ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The oft quoted refrain is "at least they (the short person) would not have to bend over to...."

Peep through the keyhole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Holmer wrote:
    Hey. Was looking at the are redheads sexy thread and was inspired to ask, as a guy of 5 foot 5, what's the general perception among the girls to short arsed fellas (though not necessarily taller than themselves). I guess we should expand it to ask how the lads would feel about seeing a girl who was taller than themselves too. Opinions please.

I wouldn't go for a shorter guy myself. I am 5'10 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pighead wrote:
    Napoleon
    I'd give him one.

He let himself go a bit though once he had the power and no longer needed the looks.
    http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/Napoleon_Bonapartes_portrait.jpg

TheGooner wrote:
    I wouldn't go for a shorter guy myself. I am 5'10 though.
    How rigidly would you stick to that rule though?

What say you and the 6 foot Pighead ended up getting together some time. We're getting on well, the sex is magnificent and you're pretty sure you're head over heels in love with me.

Then one day Pighead arrives home with no feet having just had them cut off and stolen by a gang of Roma Gypsies and Poles. Suddenly you're 6 foot hunk is a 5ft 6 hunk. Are you really gonna dump him just because he's not quite as tall as before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pighead wrote:

What say you and the 6 foot Pighead ended up getting together some time. We're getting on well, the sex is magnificent and you're pretty sure you're head over heels in love with me.

Then one day Pighead arrives home with no feet having just had them cut off and stolen by a gang of Roma Gypsies and Poles. Suddenly you're 6 foot hunk is a 5ft 6 hunk. Are you really gonna dump him just because he's not quite as tall as before?
    I spit on your 6'.
    6' 2" here.

I'd never do a chick shorter than me.

Terry wrote:
    I spit on your 6'.
    6' 2" here.
    Hmmm, is that in your heels or without?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Elessar

What about that midget from the Irish rugby squad?

Does he get the juices flowin? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

S M S
    Small man syndrome

Pighead wrote:
    Hmmm, is that in your heels or without?
    Damn. Foiled again.

Pighead wrote:

Well, we're all the same height lying down piggy ;)

Honestly tho, if,IF, the sex was that good, I'd construct some sort of transport device that both wheels you around with me and solves missing inches problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I am lucky in that I am somewhat vertically challenged myself - approx 5 3' (Im adding an inch there :) ) so I have the pick of the bunch.

I do think that its possible to find a short man attractive but in my case I tend to notice taller men first.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Terry wrote:
    I spit on your 6'.
    6' 2" here.

I spit on your 6' 2".
    6' 3" here:p

Terry wrote:

ROFL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Holmer wrote:
    Are short guys attractive?

Yes, to medium sized predators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i went out with a guy who claimed to be 5'5 (i think he was a bit smaller..) but im only just over 5ft so cant say it was a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Yes, to medium sized predators.

Ha ha ha!
    The consensus so far seems to be that the very petite girls find our wretched kind somewhat tolerable. I used to go out with a girl the same height as me, she said having a taller boyfriend felt like being domineered to. I hated when she wore heels though. She had to keep them for nights with the girls so as to avoid the tom & nicole look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

MooseJam wrote:
    I'm 5 '8 does that count as short ?
    Does in my book.
    Elessar wrote:
    What about that midget from the Irish rugby squad?

Who? Mr. Potato-head Peter Stringer? He actually 5'8-5'9 or so. It's just that he's usually surrounded by guys who are much bigger hense he ends up looking like a midget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Being the almighty height of 5'7" and the almighty width of about half that, I can honestly says girls think I'm absolutely gargeous. In a square kind of way.

Holmer wrote:
    Ha ha ha!
    The consensus so far seems to be that the very petite girls find our wretched kind somewhat tolerable. I used to go out with a girl the same height as me, she said having a taller boyfriend felt like being domineered to. I hated when she wore heels though. She had to keep them for nights with the girls so as to avoid the tom & nicole look

I think its that a woman needs to be made feel like a woman and for some of us that are a little taller, we need to be swung by the hair and taken back to the cave for some lovin by our 6' + hunks

Isn't that correct piggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm 6'7", and I find short men attractive.

TheGooner wrote:
    I think its that a woman needs to be made feel like a woman and for some of us that are a little taller, we need to be swung by the hair and taken back to the cave for some lovin by our 6' + hunks

Isn't that correct piggy?
    Couldn't have put it better myself babes. Now where's Pigheads club. Its time for some surprise sex.

Pighead wrote:
    Couldn't have put it better myself babes. Now where's Pigheads club. Its time for some surprise sex.

*Claps Hands with Excitment*

Yay!

*waits for terry or another 6 footer to defend my honour!

Pighead banned for hitting on TheGooner.

Terry wrote:
    Pighead banned for hitting on TheGooner.

Ahh I knew you'd save me from sweaty sex with the Pork Sword :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

There was a programme about this on BBC3 or 4 recently.

It was made by a 4'10" guy who works as a stuntman. He had a girlfriend himself but was curious to know, as he'd heard many times, whether women find short guys unattractive. At one stage they ran an experiment where they created numerous cardboard cutouts of the presenter; one his original height, another at 5'2", another at 5'5", then at 5'7", 6'0 and 6'2". Women were asked to place a sticker on the ones they found most attractive and they ended up exclusively on the two tallest models.

There is a way to overcome it though. It's not through sense of humour, bank balance or confidence, though I'm sure all those things make a difference. It's through dancing. That's right, dancing. The one thing that's been scientifically shown to level the playing field is getting up there and shaking your booty. When you're dancing women assess the symmetry and co-ordination of your body rather than your height. Or something.

Don't worry though OP. You got a whole three inches on me.
    Small man syndrome

Jesus christ! You try to invade Russia that one time and all of a sudden you've a "Napoleon complex".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I'd give him one.

He let himself go a bit though once he had the power and no longer needed the looks.
    http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/Napoleon_Bonapartes_portrait.jpg
    Apparently he was a very vigorous lover too, remember reading that he awoke the family in one palace he stayed in 3 times when his lover and he fell out of bed in the throws of passion (believe it was in one of the older editions of "The Book of Lists").

Don't think I'd have a problem with dating a taller woman anyway, as long as she didn't obsess over it herself.

Come to think of it I would've thought most guys would like it since it'd be easier to disguise staring at her chest.;)

• Advertisement

farohar wrote:
    Apparently he was a very vigorous lover too, remember reading that he awoke the family in one palace he stayed in 3 times when his lover and he fell out of bed in the throws of passion (believe it was in one of the older editions of "The Book of Lists").

Don't think I'd have a problem with dating a taller woman anyway, as long as she didn't obsess over it herself.

Come to think of it I would've thought most guys would like it since it'd be easier to disguise staring at her chest.;)
    When you're taller, you get the cleavage shot.

The String is 5' 7" but right enough is always surrounded by giants. Still a tenacious little fupper though.

Napoleon complex? Small man syndrome?

I'd ratger be Napoleon than

...Bono.

Earthhorse wrote:
    At one stage they ran an experiment where they created numerous cardboard cutouts of the presenter; one his original height, another at 5'2", another at 5'5", then at 5'7", 6'0 and 6'2". Women were asked to place a sticker on the ones they found most attractive and they ended up exclusively on the two tallest models.

Inconclusive! It could just be that he was an goddamn ugly bastid and that since his face was blown up more the bigger pix the resolution suffered making his puglike features blurrier and more softened.

Holmer wrote:
    The String is 5' 7" but right enough is always surrounded by giants. Still a tenacious little fupper though.

Napoleon complex? Small man syndrome?

I'd ratger be Napoleon than

...Bono.
    Yay.
    It's the Bono bandwagon again.

Everyone get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Pigman II wrote:
    Inconclusive! It could just be that he was an goddamn ugly bastid and that since his face was blown up more the bigger pix the resolution suffered making his puglike features blurrier and more softened.

He was an ugly bast*rd but the blow was done professionally so if anything the bigger pics would have highlighted his ugliness to the ladies.
    Terry wrote:
    When you're taller, you get the cleavage shot.

Also, when you're smaller women can keep an eye on you easier. Very hard to sneak a peak. You have to master the art of staring into the middle distance.

Earthhorse wrote:
    He was an ugly bast*rd but the blow was done professionally so if anything the bigger pics would have highlighted his ugliness to the ladies.

Ok then the only other possible explaination is that the bulge in his pants was bigger in the larger cut-outs. Women can be very particular about the size of a mans wallet.

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    Ok then the only other possible explaination is that the bulge in his pants was bigger in the larger cut-outs. Women can be very particular about the size of a mans wallet.

Agreed. Everyone on my basketball team says the same thing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

6 ft 4, chicks did the tallness, shorty.

Chicks also dig lads who can string a sentence together properly. Frankenstein was a tall chap too, but you didn't see him beating the ladies off.

Moral of the story: You're tallness will not guarantee you sex. Pighead strongly advises you learn our language Amazotheamazing, if you plan on forming relationships with our beautiful women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Who says I want relationships? You can pull women with the verbals Pighead, I'll just rely on my good looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Pighead wrote:
    Frankenstein was a tall chap too, but you didn't see him beating the ladies off.
    I guess he gave off a gay vibe. I mean, he was chased by many a man who carried a torch for him.

• Advertisement

Crucifix wrote:
    I guess he gave off a gay vibe. I mean, he was chased by many a man who carried a torch for him.

That's true but let's not forget that he did get himself a bride. People said the two of them were so ideally matched that they must have been made for each other.

Well, even Jaws off James Bond got a girl in the end, and he was as verbally dextrous as you are, so yeah you've got me there. But you can come around and sweep the cobwebs out of the high corners in my livin room if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm 5' 4" (May actually be 5' 3" ;) ), a girl once told me the only reason she wouldn't go out with me was because she couldn't go out with anyone shorter than herself. Fuppin' bitch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I don't have a problem with short guys unless they suffer from Angry Overcompensating Short Man Syndrome, which is unattractive in itself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    I'm 5' 4" (May actually be 5' 3" ;) ), a girl once told me the only reason she wouldn't go out with me was because she couldn't go out with anyone shorter than herself. Fuppin' bitch :mad:
    You're actually angry? Think of it this way, saved you dating someone so shallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'm 5"9ish and I'd do me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Who says I want relationships? You can pull women with the verbals Pighead, I'll just rely on my good looks.

*cringe*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Gauge wrote:
    I don't have a problem with short guys unless they suffer from Angry Overcompensating Short Man Syndrome, which is unattractive in itself :(

On the other hand many exceedingly tall guys have a very arrogant approach to people, wrongly assuming that being tall makes you an authority on everything and makes you physically intimidating :rolleyes:

Thankfully I view my 5' 7" height as fine for me :) I've never wished to be taller or smaller although a friend of mine in secondary school got the nickname "Titch" despite being slightly taller than me thanks to the fact that he went beserk anytime someone mentioned his short stature :D

My wife is about an inch taller than me...until she puts on high heels :) If a woman is shallow enough to see height as an issue then that's her problem not mine or any shorter guy tbh.

Interestingly, most of the tall guys I know are intimidated by men a few inches taller than them and almost terrified of tall women. I've grown up with being short so am never intimidated by height...and I'm never cramped on long flights or train journeys :D

Are short guys attractive? Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Could you imagine being short and ginger :eek: You'd want to have done something awful in the previous lifetime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm 5'6" and Mrs. 6th is 5'3" ....... that said I am sure taller women are crazy about me because I'm a fuppin' roide!

• Advertisement
Advertisement