Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monastery Road and Red cow

• 20-03-2006 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Has the Monastery Road interchange started? I seen clearance of trees and scrubs along the borders!

On the EIS, I noticed that there is to be an undergrownd slip on the westbound carrigeway in the Limerick/Naas direction, is this correct :confused: and it amazes me that the Northbound slip to the (adjacent to Luas park and ride) Naas road outbound where taffic is both inflicted by luas and the existing citybound traffic... Yikes! This is inadequate considering that there's already tailbacks stretching that piece of tarmac.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mysterious wrote:
    Has the Monastery Road interchange started? I seen clearance of trees and scrubs along the borders!

On the EIS, I noticed that there is to be an undergrownd slip on the westbound carrigeway in the Limerick/Naas direction, is this correct :confused: and it amazes me that the Northbound slip to the Naas road outbound where taffic is both inflicted by luas and the existing citybound traffic... Yikes! This is inadequate considering that there's already tailbacks stretching that piece of tarmac.
    Aren't these the same thing Mysterious? I had a good look at the EIS drawings a while back and couldn't find any underground bits (and no mention is made in the description of such underground stretches).

There appears to be traffic signals on the M50 northbound off slip to N7 westbound, this is to protect the Luas and traffic from the city (R110). I would have much prefered the off slip to go under the Luas here and merge in a freeflow manner with the N7 beyond the Monastery Road overbridge (this would have been quite expensive I would imagine and may be difficult to accomplish without long closures!).

Of more concern perhaps are the signals on the N7 eastbound immediately before the proposed M50 junction, which will protect monastery road traffic. This is ludicrous and that road should be stopped up and traffic diverted to Newland's Cross/Nangor Road. It's crazy that such an important junction be affected like this by a comoparitively minor road.

Advertisement