Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID Electrical Clonmel

Options
  • 10-10-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, does anybody know when the new DID Electrical store is opening in the Poppyfields ? I am on the lookout for a new TV & might hold off as they might have a few Offers when opening the new store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

According to the Clonmel thread it's due this week, not sure myself TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

was it announced somewhere "ryant1981" about DID opening in poppyfields ??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ryant1981

Hi Polc07, I was in poppyfields on Sunday & seenthe signs all over the windows & doors that it is opening soon in the area vacated by Slattery's/The vision Store.
    Hopefully open soon as I need a new TV to play FIFA 12 in my room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i was in Slatterys last week looking at ovens and the guy told be that he expected to have some different models on show in about two weeks time.
    Then someone told me that they were around slatterys later on the same evening and saw DID Electrical signs going up in slatterys! so i'm a bit unsure about whats happening there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

DID usually have a promotion on their website when a new branch is opening - listed under events. www.did.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 PILOT1

Store due to open Friday 14th or Sat 15th will post when i know the time and date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Just an FYI, their opening offers are now up on their website.
    Saturday Offers
    Sunday Offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Was in there looking at washing machines and they wanted €30 extra for delivery which is a joke tbh

I thought they had free delivery ? is that within a certain mile radius ?

Nope We live in town and were told €30 for delivery and then an extra 50 if we wanted it connected lol.

Went to Hacketts instead free delivery old appliance removal and they installed for no extra charge.

• Advertisement

€30 for delivery, thats some rip off , stick with Hacketts eh !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Can't beat Hacketts. Free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭ANSI

iceage wrote: »
    and they do not have the delivery fee on the price of the item? You cannot go in there without paying a parking ticket. Friend got really good deal in DID

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

You'll have to wait and see with DID prices but as a rule Hacketts were cheaper than Slatterys and had free delivery. We bought a washing machine from Hacketts 6 months ago, got a better deal and delivery and no snotty attitude.

ANSI wrote: »
    and they do not have the delivery fee on the price of the item? You cannot go in there without paying a parking ticket. Friend got really good deal in DID

They were €10 cheaper for the same item thanks. So that would be a saving of €39 after paying for my parking ticket and since I didn't bother getting a ticket I saved the full 40. Not bad really.

You'll have to wait and see with DID prices but as a rule Hacketts were cheaper than Slatterys and had free delivery. We bought a washing machine from Hacketts 6 months ago, got a better deal and delivery and no snotty attitude.
    doubt if hacketts will be cheaper than DID? and no pay to parksnotty attitude? it is the same staff. 'free' delivery is built in to the price. hackets would not have the buying power of DID

alexmcred wrote: »
    They were €10 cheaper for the same item thanks. So that would be a saving of €39 after paying for my parking ticket and since I didn't bother getting a ticket I saved the full 40. Not bad really.
    edit error post

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muilleann

Why is DID Electrical in Clonmel now closed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Muilleann wrote: »
    Why is DID Electrical in Clonmel now closed?

Discussed here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056242464&page=207

Advertisement