Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an opening for a new gym in Clonmel?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,
    I am a personal trainer seriously looking at opening my own gym.
    It appears that Clonmel has a need for such an establishment.
    I am curious to hear yer opinions..
    It would be a traditional gym (Ie Dumblls, Barbells, Treadmills Squat Racks, Spinning, TRX, Circuits etc)
    Its a big commitment, obviously and I want and need as much info as I can get.
    Any help is very much appreciated. What say ye!? :)
    Ps Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Should this not be in the Tipperary forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bill Board

Yes it should, my appoligies, i thought i had posted it in the tipperary forum. Do you know how to relocate the thread!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

a mod should be along shortly I reckon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: Moved to Tipperary forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

To be honest, I don't think Clonmel needs any more gyms.
    There is already Crossfit Tipp, The Phoenix for the CF and lifting sect.
    The Park Hotel has all the other stuff and there are various others.

I was going to suggest Cahir but Duneske has a good facility and most of that included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

pooch90 wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think Clonmel needs any more gyms.
    There is already Crossfit Tipp, The Phoenix for the CF and lifting sect.
    The Park Hotel has all the other stuff and there are various others.

I was going to suggest Cahir but Duneske has a good facility and most of that included.

I'd disagree, I think there's an opening for a gym with a good selection of free weights as the problem with the likes of the Phoenix and Crossfit Tipperary is that there very class orientated, whereas the swimming pool and the Park have a poor selection of free weights.

If you were to offer a open gym with a set up along the lines of the Phoenix with added cardio equipment i'd definitely use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I heard the Phoenix is extending it's premises to nearly twice its present size soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

A gym with reasonable monthly fees would be good, I hate the fact that you usually have to join for the entire year ( I would rather be outdoors in the warmer months). The park hotel is really stuffy in the gym and the pool is sooo small and limited with machine availability, something similar to these but airy and larger would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Is the gym above the Clonmel's public swimming pool still open?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hinault wrote: »
    Is the gym above the Clonmel's public swimming pool still open?

It is indeed. It has weekly and Monthly rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Loughc wrote: »
    It is indeed. It has weekly and Monthly rates.

Packed in their lately weights room is too small, people having to almost que to use machines and it'll only get worse in January when the New Years resolution crowd join for a month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is there anyone that does personal training?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

minella hotel has a gym , park hotel gym , clonmel swimming pool gym , knocklofty leisure center has a gym ( for the older crowd)

knocklofty have a good get 4 months for the price of 3 at the minute

Advertisement