Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands - Handipac / Bog the Donkey (Munster Region)

Options
  • 08-04-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, we're currently trying to decide on a band for our wedding next year and we're currently looking at Handipac or Bog the Donkey.

Has anyone any feedback / reviews on either band?

We are having a mixture of ages at the wedding so we're looking for a band that can play a bit of everything.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have seen bog the donkey play a few times never at a wedding though and thought they were great. Very lively, good presence and had a great selection of songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

We saw bog the donkey at a wedding last weekend , thought they were very good played a lot of different stuff to suit all ages. Really good at the irish trad songs. I've heard that handipak are good but I've never seen them at a wedding

Just out of interested what kinda price are bog the donkey charging or have you sussed that one

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheDuchess

Hi thanks for the feedback guys. We've heard loads of good things about Handipac but its all been word of mouth from friend of a friend etc - don't know anyone who's actually seen them at a wedding.

Milly - I'll PM you with the quote they gave us.

Hi duchess I knew there was something. It wasn't me now but a friend of himself said he went to a wedding where Bog the donkey played recently and that they weren't well impressed with them. Seems like they played for one or two songs, then kinda stopped and went off stage and came back, done this a few times. And they took a long time to set up there was something else he mentioned Ill think of it, but in the short this was a few months ago, and they weren't impressive he said. Shame as I thought they would be good but maybe there was something else going on behind the scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 TheDuchess

Thanks for the follow up Millie - we're still undecided. Some friends went to see Handipak for us recently and they gave them a very good review - very lively and apparently great interaction with the crowd.

They're not the best at replying to emails though - but I get the impression that they're just not tech friendly rather than unprofessional (I hope!).

Its so hard to know and I think alot of it comes down to the guests as well!

Id say it must be a nightmare trying to pick a good band, so many options and things to think about..

Advertisement