Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam Adams closed

Options
  • 28-05-2015 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭

I heard it during the week that Sam Adams shut the weekend.

Shame really the food was lovely and it always looked busy.

Not many in it on Saturday night that I ventured in for a look though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They closed the doors at 8 on Sunday, none of the staff had any prior warning that it was happening.
    According to the CT it is due to large financial loses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

I seen local media are naming the people who were running the pub but not those who were naming the rent. That i found unbalanced. never had these chips everybody is raving about.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Xenji wrote: »
    anything not bolted down is being taken out and sold off.

Who is?
    voz es wrote: »
    I seen local media are naming the people who were running the pub but not those who were naming the rent. That i found unbalanced. never had these chips everybody is raving about.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I assume it is Donal Dunne, who is the proprietor and the director.

But he doesn't own the building. He was renting it.

I assume it is Donal Dunne, who is the proprietor and the director.

You're making some assumption there, publicly accusing someone of theft.

• Advertisement

Rockfish wrote: »
    You're making some assumption there, publicly accusing someone of theft.

How so, it is either being put into storage or sold? Coolers, machines and other items were being loaded into vans on tuesday morning publically for everyone to see.

How so? Coolers, machines and other items were being loaded into vans on tuesday morning publically for everyone to see.

Ah ok, i jumped the gun so, apologies. But how do you know it was him doing it? he's not the owner.

Rockfish wrote: »
    Ah ok, i jumped the gun so, apologies. But how do you know it was him doing it? he's not the owner.

That I do know, you are right probably should not have mentioned the name, he may have purchased equipment himself after he started to rent the premises.

That I do know, you are right probably should not have mentioned the name, he may have purchased equipment himself after he started to rent the premises.

You can edit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leocolceathrar

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement