Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foot cramps

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If potassium and liquids still don't relieve the condition, you may also consider stretches? When younger I had a different condition, but with similar pains. I started a sport that required above average arch strength and they caused me pain. My trainer got me to do toe lifts, first on a flat floor, then on the bottom step of a stair so that I could dip. Aways stretched before and after. Now I have strong arches and no pain.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I get them about once every couple months...but when I get them, they're terrible! I only get them in my feet, towards the inside. And its kinda weird, but I swear my feet actually get hard when they cramp up. Normally, I'll try to massage my foot as much as possible when they come on. One of the worst pains I've ever felt, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Wow, didn't realise so many other people also suffered from this...

Thanks for the advice, and whoever bumped the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I used to get them in foot or clf before I quit coffee.
    I think coffee dehydrates us....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Mine turned out to be the result of fallen arches, it also can spread up your legs and to your lower back I was told. Aside from that cramps in your leg can be due to dehydration, especially bad after a night on the beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Actually this always happens me too!

Guess I'll start eating more bananas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Talk about zombie threads. Closed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement