Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science Project

Options
  • 24-11-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I was recently doing my project and for my two crops, I have done potatoes and hay. I gave it to my teacher to check and she said that there isn't enough to do on hay so I should do silage (this is after previously telling me I can do hay). Anyway, I don't want to waste all the pictures and research I've taken on hay so I was wondering if you can do hay and silage under the one crop heading of Grassland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ginger unknown

Ya you can,
    In the project u
    You have to have 2 crops so use hay and silage under the heading grassland.
    You have to start when the grass is sown, how the land is prepared beforehand and what the farmer does after its sown up to the date of the silage/hay making

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

AlfaJack wrote: »
    I was recently doing my project and for my two crops, I have done potatoes and hay. I gave it to my teacher to check and she said that there isn't enough to do on hay so I should do silage (this is after previously telling me I can do hay). Anyway, I don't want to waste all the pictures and research I've taken on hay so I was wondering if you can do hay and silage under the one crop heading of Grassland?

Grassland is the one of the crops given in the guidelines, so you should include hay and silage, but also methods of sowing grass, grazing methods, grass species etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Thanks a million!

Advertisement