Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

9992 posts in 38 days??

That's just shy of 263 posts per day:eek:

That is proper bloody mental.

No wonder it's so hard keeping up with this thread.

If you call in every four days we discuss the same things over and over again. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Suso playing in the hole behind the front three.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Should have hit the target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

djPSB wrote: »
    If you call in every four days we discuss the same things over and over again. :P

Heh heh. Oh I'm well aware of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No replays! :mad: Very annoying what with French commentary and a lot of unfamiliar faces.

mike65 wrote: »
    No replays! :mad: Very annoying what with French commentary and a lot of unfamiliar faces.

Camera man isnt great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

9992 posts in 38 days??

That's just shy of 263 posts per day:eek:

That is proper bloody mental.

No wonder it's so hard keeping up with this thread.

I'd usually do a decent job of reading the majority of posts in a thread, even if some are skipped just to get the gist of a discussion.

The last thread however was the first one in ages where I just mass skipped pages. Mental how quick we went through it.

The vision mixer was the one who largely missed that Belgian shot at goal, should have switched to the medium shot

Comedy of errors! That blonde Spanish fella is rubbish as is the Belgian who stood on the ball.

yay! they found the replay button.

Belgium fast and direct, just need a finisher

Great goal! Suso with a lovely through ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,660 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

GavRedKing wrote: »

Too late, you've ruined it now! :p

That blonde kid has to go! Suso set him up perfectly

What a goal from Belgium! 1-1 (Van Der Bruggen and Deulofeu)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Oi...nooooooo. I wont hear a bad word said about Igor. The toussled hair,the permanent look of bewilderment on his face...a living legend.

+1 haha.

Here's a nice little article on Igor; http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/blog/?p=122

... and of course the goal that goes with the song; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1zJQW-e97xc "and Warnock back to "Beeshstan", what a finish for Liverpool".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Tom Ince just scored for England U21s...Henderson had a chance before that which Shelvey crossed to him.

Belgium v Spain 1-1 HT

Great game after a slow start, if Spain had remembered to pack a striker they'd have been nearly out of sight, Suso is having a fine game one assist that should have been two (see striker issue). The Belgium reply was a lovely volley into an empty net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Shelvey just missed an open goal from one yard out...he headed it wide!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Shelvey heads wide from all of 3 yards after a peach of a cross from Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭klose

Shelvey makes it 2-0, apparently hendo is haveing a helluva game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

klose wrote: »
    Shelvey makes it 2-0, apparently hendo is haveing a helluva game

There's links going if you want to watch it and dont have the channel.

Suso off. End of game for me!

daithijjj wrote: »
    There's links going if you want to watch it and dont have the channel.

I have a link handy, cheers though. Gonna switch over for the second half

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Reina's place is really under threat now

BCXeHgFCUAA8LhB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gav starting new threads because it's the only way he will see the Chelsea crest beside the number 1 :pac:.........please don't ban me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

daithijjj wrote: »
    @ Kess.

Not gonna drag that post from previous thread but you are absolutely wrong about not having a chance of 4th in March. When we played Arsenal at home it was in our hands to be 1 point behind Arsenal. I showed the "as it stood table" and that is 100% correct. Your post was slightly 'angled' in your argument not pointing out that we had a game in hand.

Now, if we are not going to allow ifs and buts then i will look forward to this thread moving forward without any talk about "if we beat Swans" or "if we beat Swans, plus the next 2 plus Spurs". Even if we do its unlikely we would get to 1 point behind 4th as we had the chance to in March last season.

That's how it was and is, and yes, it has nowt to do with any manager debate.

As club though, the club is in a better position or condition if you like.

We have got rid of many big earners who are on the wrong side of 30.

We now have a squad that for the most part is young vibrant and has plenty of potential. Playing some great football too.

People tend to forget how poor we were after Christmas last season. The Carling cup final we just about beat Cardiff. We were atrocious that day and unfortunately that form continued on for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Two goals for Ince tonight and he looks really good

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rnb1H9h.gif

Meh, not bothered watching the second half but this Will Hughes kid is apparently on our radar and is a huge Liverpool fan. Buy him and Ince and we'll be well our way to having nearly the full England youth team.

Opr

That's some pass. It will be very interesting to watch him develop over the next year or two. I mean he has pace, mobility, hugely technically gifted and is growing in game intelligence all the time. He has always been much more of the midfield general in the England youth teams which manifests itself in his much more confident approach at that level. Hopefully we will see more of that at club level as he grows and believes more in a Liverpool shirt.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

joe123 wrote: »
    As club though, the club is in a better position or condition if you like.

We have got rid of many big earners who are on the wrong side of 30.

We now have a squad that for the most part is young vibrant and has plenty of potential. Playing some great football too.

People tend to forget how poor we were after Christmas last season. The Carling cup final we just about beat Cardiff. We were atrocious that day and unfortunately that form continued on for the rest of the season.

People tend to forget Suarez was banned too and all the 'ceremony' that came with that.

Getting rid of older players is a scenario of life in general at every club. Arsenal havent won a sausage since thats been implemented and Villa's experiment isnt working out great right now, every young player ive seen come into LFC for the last 20 years has had "potential", not many stayed for long. Sure, we have a younger group but its the experienced heads that are carrying them through.

We all knew we had big earners, a lot of that was fallout from H&G, its not something you can address overnight. Everyone knew the job at hand and players like Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy etc were going to move on regardless of who was manager or owner. Carra will move on too.

Sure, we just about beat Cardiff, we just about beat Mansfield too and couldnt beat Oldham. I dont agree our form after xmas was bad (away to Bolton was a disgrace mind and the manager said so), i agree that our form after the Arsenal game was very bad.

We had little luck in the league last year in front of goal. Our good defensive record went awol at times too, like at QPR (after the Arsenal game). It was still the 3rd best in the league at the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

A_nIuhPCYAEbosg.jpg:large
    love this image..think its funny

Dat pass! Hendo is looking to be a vital first team player the way things are looking with him its great to see. Jack is bombing it up and down the line putting in some good crosses, still believe hell be a first team player for us in a few years. Pitch is tearing up pretty bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

opr wrote: »
    That's some pass. It will be very interesting to watch him develop over the next year or two. I mean he has pace, mobility, hugely technically gifted and is growing in game intelligence all the time. He has always been much more of the midfield general in the England youth teams which manifests itself in his much more confident approach at that level. Hopefully we will see more of that at club level as he grows and believes more in a Liverpool shirt.

Opr

He's showing the kind of form that had him touted as Scholes successor at united. There's no question he can play, seems he was overawed playing for Liverpool up to recently, understandably when Gerrard calls for the ball even if he is not the best option more than likely you'll pass to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Reinas Replacement

tumblr_mhrl67pMLV1rk3pyoo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Handling the ball, as usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

No wonder he saved that shot in the world cup. He thought it was a training match! ;)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Handling the ball, as usual...
    No wonder he saved that shot in the world cup. He thought it was a training match! ;)

We should enquire about playing last man back so we can put his talent for handling to use ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

jaysus, the concern now is that ince's value will go up and the tribunal will set a hefty price in the Summer - indeed what odds he'll get a full cap before the season is out in some friendly pushing the number still higher

some positives

1. he wants to come here

2. usually these tribunals set numbers on the low side

3. we get 35% if he goes elsewhere

a negative

if he continues to produce the goods a bigger fish than ourselves may show interest

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Which of our players could be playing in the confederations Cup this summer then?

Suarez
    Coates
    Lucas
    Coutinho (unlikely)
    Borini
    Reina
    Enrique (unlikely, but if there are a lot of withdrawals perhaps?)

It's a pity that Suarez and Lucas could be going, the rest I wouldn't mind as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

donfers wrote: »
    jaysus, the concern now is that ince's value will go up and the tribunal will set a hefty price in the Summer - indeed what odds he'll get a full cap before the season is out in some friendly pushing the number still higher

some positives

1. he wants to come here

2. usually these tribunals set numbers on the low side

3. we get 35% if he goes elsewhere

a negative

if he continues to produce the goods a bigger fish than ourselves may show interest

What tribunal? He is not a free agent in the summer as Blackpool have the 1 year option that they can activate and we all know they will do that rather than let him walk for a minimal fee.

Likely a nothing story but it's from Andy Hunter in the Guardian. Rodgers wants Ben Arfa in the summer.

(I love the phrase, will consider :rolleyes:)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/05/liverpool-newcastle-hatem-ben-arfa

Opr

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    What tribunal? He is not a free agent in the summer as Blackpool have the 1 year option that they can activate and we all know they will do that rather than let him walk for a minimal fee.

I would say he will be sold in the summer , the Blackpool chairman seems to be playing hard ball right now . I think he will end up back at LFC because of the 35% clause it would make sense to deal with us rather then try to get 10 million plus because I can't see him going for over 8 .

5starpool wrote: »
    Which of our players could be playing in the confederations Cup this summer then?

Suarez
    Coates
    Lucas
    Coutinho (unlikely)
    Borini
    Reina
    Enrique (unlikely, but if there are a lot of withdrawals perhaps?)

It's a pity that Suarez and Lucas could be going, the rest I wouldn't mind as much.
    Borini will proabably with the italian u21s over the summer, assuming they qualified for the tournament. Itll be interesting to see if lucas and coutinho make it, wouldnt want lucas going tbh. Highly doubt enrique would even be considered.

Hopefully coates has a good game v spain tomorrow, he always seems to do much better for uraguay then us but if he has a mare again they will tear him a new one, poor aul glen will have to deal with either neymar or ronaldonho :p should be a few good games tomorrow, hopefully some good performances and no injuries.

opr wrote: »
    Likely a nothing story but it's from Andy Hunter in the Guardian. Rodgers wants Ben Arfa in the summer.

(I love the phrase, will consider :rolleyes:)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/05/liverpool-newcastle-hatem-ben-arfa

Opr

Yeesh, dont we have enough of that type of player. Smells of lazy journalism to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Good video on the SAS partnership against City:

The 2 have really built up an understanding already.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I would say he will be sold in the summer , the Blackpool chairman seems to be playing hard ball right now . I think he will end up back at LFC because of the 35% clause it would make sense to deal with us rather then try to get 10 million plus because I can't see him going for over 8 .

Oh I do think he will be sold in the summer, and Blackpool will activate the 1 year add on to make sure they get as much as they can for him.

They know they will lose 35% of any sale thanks to the sell on clause we have with them, and they will lose another chunk thanks to the clause Ince has in his contract which gives him a small % of any sale fee. So what they will want is a bidding war.

But even if there was a bidding war we can just sit back and not get involved, because we will know and Oyston will know that we will be coming in for our35% regardless of who buys the player.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Oh I do think he will be sold in the summer, and Blackpool will activate the 1 year add on to make sure they get as much as they can for him.

They know they will lose 35% of any sale thanks to the sell on clause we have with them, and they will lose another chunk thanks to the clause Ince has in his contract which gives him a small % of any sale fee. So what they will want is a bidding war.

But even if there was a bidding war we can just sit back and not get involved, because we will know and Oyston will know that we will be coming in for our35% regardless of who buys the player.

I would offer oyston 1 or 2 million less then anybody else and tell him to leave the 35% . To me its a win win situation for us and it shows we should be adding in these clauses into any young players we let go . It is a shame we didn't add in a buy back clause for x amount we should also consider doing this with all the young players we let go .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Who did we sign in jan apart from Sturridge?
    Haven't paid attention in months...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

shakira-baby-600.jpg
    Milan was born in Barcelona on Jan. 24

That's 9 months after John Terry got sent off vs Barcelona in the Camp Nou

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who did we sign in jan apart from Sturridge?
    Haven't paid attention in months...

Philippe Coutinho. Brazilian attacking midfielder, likely used as wing forward for us. From Inter Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Two goals for Ince tonight and he looks really good

He was playing as a second striker, and they couldn't handle him. But it was as much a product of great set-up work, they were putting in crosses for fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I saw a good bit of last night's England U21 game, and both Shelvey and Henderson (in particular) looked a cut above most. Wisdom had little to do, and Robinson got forward well. But both the CMs linked well, picked out long passes, and were involved in the goals.

We should give Henderson the arm-band for games where we play the younger players, he excels in that role. His pass that led to the peno was Gerrard-esque, and it looked easy - like a great golf shot. In next seasons League Cup, I'd like to see him as a de-facto captain when we are playing the B team, give him that responsibility, unless someone very senior like Stevbie, Carra or Lucas are playing...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement