Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming & Forestry Forum bans Eagle postings!

Options
  • 15-05-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

I see the Farming & Forestry Forum has slapped a blanket ban on any mention of eagle poisonings (or any other cause of eagle deaths).

Any idea why?

I obviously can't raise this over there - ITS BANNED!

LostCovey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

because its the farming and forestry section, that section has nothing to do with eagles, thats why its been discussed in this section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Would farming have anything to do with the eagle poisonings?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

recedite wrote: »
    Would farming have anything to do with the eagle poisonings?;)

Of course not!

That explains it..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

yea bacause poisoning the birds is a boards farming and forestry conspiracy, lads ffs will ye come off of it, is it not being discussed in enough places with another thread going knowwhere

jap gt wrote: »
    is it not being discussed in enough places with another thread going knowwhere

God it'll be a quiet place around here if every forum bans repetitive discussions that are going nowhere!

LostCovey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sparks wrote: »

Ah fair enough. An over-reaction to an over-reaction perhaps.

Delete at will, I give up.

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

LostCovey,
    You pasted this over in F&F too. And you were told to pm the F&F mod. Could you not wait for him to reply?
    Your obviously very fond of these eagles and can understand you may be annoyed or even hurt but im beginning to think your trying to stir something with all the threads.
    Either that or your trying to gather a lot of info for some reason

Dusty87 wrote: »
    LostCovey,
    You pasted this over in F&F too. And you were told to pm the F&F mod. Could you not wait for him to reply?
    Your obviously very fond of these eagles and can understand you may be annoyed or even hurt but im beginning to think your trying to stir something with all the threads.

I posted it last night.

The suggestion to PM the moderator was posted this morning
    LostCovey,
    Your obviously very fond of these eagles and can understand you may be annoyed or even hurt

Not annoyed or hurt, and I am 'fond' of my family not eagles. I am feeling a bit patronised by you however.

And an anonymised online forum that anyone can join would be a brilliant place to secretly gather evidence. What planet?

So according to you I am
    - an ignoramus who is missing some subtle reason not to discuss this in a discussion forum
    - stupidly ignoring advice from someone I don't know to discuss this offline with someone else I don't know (for whatever reason)
    - a bleeding heart tree-hugger/eagle-fondler
    - a secret spy here to sneak in here and gather information (while disguised as a reactionary emotional tree-hugger/eagle-fondler)

Good luck with your detective agency, fella.

LostCovey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

LostCovey wrote: »
    I see the Farming & Forestry Forum has slapped a blanket ban on any mention of eagle poisonings (or any other cause of eagle deaths).

Any idea why?

I obviously can't raise this over there - ITS BANNED!

LostCovey

PM a mod of that section or take it to the helpdesk then. Dont use this forum as a platform to discuss another one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement