Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC subject help

Options
  • 26-11-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Is chemistry managable i hear its deadly
    Iv studyed the mole in ty
    Weve done a small portion of the lc course but is the mole an easy or hard part of chemistry..so ya ?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

I'm in 5th year and we just did the mole, I found it quite easy (got 100% in the test ;) ) but that's because our teacher explained it really well to us and she spent ages on it.
    I do 3 sciences and I'd say chemistry is the hardest but it's the most interesting in my opinion. If you're good at remembering lots of definitions and diagrams maybe consider biology? It gets kind of boring sometimes though. Physics is lovely too but I forget it quite easily (like I do with maths).

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Oh okay youre obviously very sciency , but is chemistry all managable comapared to the mole ifound it easy too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

You'd probably be better off getting a reply from a 6th year or someone who's finished the course, we've only done a few chapters, but it was one of the harder ones but not the hardest (?!) Chemistry seems very manageable so far though especially if you've an interest in it :) there doesn't seem to be a whole pile of learning off compared to other subjects, it's more about understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Chemistry is my easiest subject. You either find it easy, or badly struggle depending on what type of mind/brain you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm doing Thermochemistry in Physchem, and it's very easy. I've also done the mole chapter aswell.

So far it's very easy, but I'm a mathy person so my heart thrives in numbers ;). I also do biology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

I'm in 6th year and do all 3 sciences. Chemistry is my least favourite and in my opinion it's the hardest. It's a subject you can't rote learn for; you need to actually understand the concepts to do well.

Yeah the mole calculations are used loads throughout the course, they become second nature after a while because you use them so much. The calculations do get more complex but honestly they're grand once you practice.

Advertisement