Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackdaw is trying to tell me something

Options
  • 12-05-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

I have some Jackdaws which visit me regularly, I feed them when they show up, usually. One is even so tame as to almost take a hobnob biscuit from the hand. I feed them on the wall and can watch them very close from my desk then. They see me pretty good too... about 4 feet away.

Yesterday one landed on the wall outside the window, and left something.
    It made a show of leaving it, and brought it to a pillar on the wall, so it would be less likely to be blown off. Now today it left something else, and made a few DAK DAK, moving it around, looking in at me.
    Well I checked the things it left, one is a dead chick and today it's some tissue.

What the heck message is it giving me? Feed me I'm having hard times?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know why a dead chick would be left like that. Interesting!

However, I'm sure they were not being left for You.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Barter for a Hob-Nob ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Barter for a Hob-Nob ? ;)
    For sure they ain't stupid, but maybe they think I am!
    I don't see his mate (at least I think it's the girl) around, hope she is ok.
    Of course she could be busy with brood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't see his mate (at least I think it's the girl)...

Both sexes are identical.

Advertisement