Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay There! with Miriam - 27 June 2015 9:50pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

amdublin wrote: »
    That was a really nothing interview with una mulally. Imagine leaving pride going all the way out to donny brook to talk to miriam for 5 minutes. Amd to be asked and tell nothing we didn't know already.

No disrepute to una, I admire her so much, but I'm unsure why rte chose that interview

Was it live?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Miriam only interviewed Brian Keenan and John McCarthy recently for her radio programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

amdublin wrote: »
    That was a really nothing interview with una mulally. Imagine leaving pride going all the way out to donny brook to talk to miriam for 5 minutes. Amd to be asked and tell nothing we didn't know already.

No disrepute to una, I admire her so much, but I'm unsure why rte chose that interview

I agree with the entirety of your first paragraph.

As for why RTE chose this interview? Quite simple - they felt it was perfect. :o:o :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was Delta Force with Chuck Norris based on the hostage situation over there?

John McCarthy reminds me a little of Bill Gates.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREI-5omjGhzhgg2roCl8CSMxVwbokivoltWpQ7i8SEhDFDfIH9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

its a small irk to me but why do RTE presenters always say "Can you remember what it was like"? Why dont they just say "what was it like"
    It almost infers that they cannot remember monumental episodes from their lives. Do they assume that all celebrities have Alzheimers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is a carbon copy of the "Miriam Meets" interview.

John is 58 and Brian is 64, Brian looks about 15 years older than John.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    John McCarthy reminds me a little of Bill Gates.

Without the specs. :eek: :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Doesn't Brian Keenan look so uncomfortable on that couch?

• Advertisement
    M

Miriam should ask Brian what it was like to have missed Italia 90.

M

Did they try to meet up with their captors on Facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Alastair Campbell just called me a 'tit' on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/campbellclaret/status/614913660184567810

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    its a small irk to me but why do RTE presenters always say "Can you remember what it was like"? Why dont they just say "what was it like"
    It almost infers that they cannot remember monumental episodes from their lives. Do they assume that all celebrities have Alzheimers

Mia farrow went crazy with tubs for saying that "of course I remember, gah, how old do you think I am"

Did they try to meet up with their captors on Facebook?

One of them poked Brian but he didn't reply ;)

RayM wrote: »

Ray, there is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Hes very dislikeable and yes he cant get prime time work in England but he is supposedly the influence for Malcolm Tucker in 'The Thick of It.' So thats a plus for him anyhow

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Hes very dislikeable and yes he cant get prime time work in England but he is supposedly the influence for Malcolm Tucker in 'The Thick of It.' So thats a plus for him anyhow

Judging by his choice of insults, he's no Tucker.

Is it fair to say that he's made Kanye West look like an angel tonight...? :o:o:o:D;)

And I wonder if he considers KW a winner... and, for that matter, Taylor Swift and Beyonce? :o:o:D;)

tumblr_nmzwgoszH41te42cco1_500.jpg

tumblr_naufr4Hylg1qecl6ho1_500.jpg

Well done Ray, use it as a badge of honour :D

• Advertisement

Any more tweets from Alistair? I wish I could get the hang of this Twitter lark, on second thoughts I'd probably get myself into lots and lots of trouble :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Any more tweets from Alistair? I wish I could get the hang of this Twitter lark, on second thoughts I'd probably get myself into lots and lots of trouble :D

Apart from retweeting his kind words word of encouragement, I didn't engage with him any further. As they say in EastEnders, "leave it, he ain't worf it."

Miriam mmmmm!!!!

Advertisement