Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's always sunny in Philadelphia **SEASON 10**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Let's not forget kitten mittens and the berry pyramid scheme

And Fight Milk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

That was magic, maybe not as funny but just brilliant.
    Frank flushing the shoes was great. Goes back to the episode where he got Dee to dig up her dead mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Christ, that was as tense as an episode of The Wire.

I kept expecting one of the gang to mess it up, especially "That stupid bitch."

Loved it.

Loved this weeks episode, not laugh out loud funny but it had an energy and sense of urgency that few shows could match. Charlie on the top of his game is always a lot of fun and his figuring out the scam was great. After 10 series it's hard to believe that the show can feel so fresh, this weeks episode had the breezy quality of a freshman series looking to stand out and not a single new show has come close to matching this series of It's Always Sunny, which says a lot when you consider we've seen just a handful of Sunny thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Approaching halfway through this episode, I was struck with that feeling of witnessing a special piece of television. Blown away by this weeks episode. One of their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

That was an amazing episode. If they dont get an Emmey for that they never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Charlie Day was just amazing in this episode.. his performance was a tour de force!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Liam O wrote: »

Interesting to note that The Waitress in that says something along the lines of "who cares? we're finishing in two years anyway", whereas previous reports said the show was signed up for two more and that the main three writers were happy to do it as long as FXX were.

Could be something, could be nothing at all. 12 seasons will still be an amazing run that will take some beating.

As an aside, I notice the two new projects that the three writers had lined up with FXX didnt happen yet.

• Advertisement

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Interesting to note that The Waitress in that says something along the lines of "who cares? we're finishing in two years anyway",

She doesn't say anything like that, she says "there's only a couple of years left" which really could mean anything from two years to five to ten.

She doesn't say anything like that, she says "there's only a couple of years left" which really could mean anything from two years to five to ten.

Where I come from "a couple" = 2.

Where I come from "a couple" = 2.

Yes couple generally refers to two but a couple of can be used to describe something which is more than one. So "a couple of years" can refer to anything more than one year.

My school teachers would beg to differ. Let's leave it at that.

My school teachers would beg to differ. Let's leave it at that.

The point is that it's a colloquialism and as such to say that the waitress was saying anything along the lines of "there's only two years left" is wrong. It's quite clear from everything that the cast and FXX have said that Sunny could continue for a very long time. It's the kind of show which could easily hit 15 or 16 series and honestly with the standard set these past weeks I'd like to see it do so.

We have never agreed on anything on Boards and I cant see that ever changing. As I said, let's leave it alone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Loved the last episode. Really like this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Amazing episode. Absolutely amazing, and I didn't even like Birdman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Turns out the Birdman connection was pure coincidence! Wasn't planned or written that way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

bleg wrote: »
    Turns out the Birdman connection was pure coincidence! Wasn't planned or written that way.
    I can't believe that. The music was far too similar : I instantly thought Birdman.

Fantastic performance by Charlie there and that one long take is one of the most impressive there's been in any comedy show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, single shot, jazz music - it was deffo an homage to Birdman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Birdman was only released a few months ago. I find it very believable that they may have filmed before then. However, the music is something they could have added in post-production at any time since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I think you're right, saw this interview with the director of the episode
    Last night’s episode, “Charlie Work,” seemed to be a very specific homage: with a third act that appeared to be a continuous, seven minute tracking shot, punctuated with a jazzy drum riff and a running joke about a room full of chickens, how could it NOT be a parody of Birdman? I contacted director and Always Sunny EP Matt Shakman for confirmation… but he told me the episode was written and shot well before the Academy Award-nominated film was on the radar. In fact, the tracking shot was inspired by the now infamous one on True Detective last season

Absolutely loving this season so far

Decent fare this week, good amount of laughs but not quite as complex as other fare. Clicked into it thinking it was "Philly feud" which sounds unreal but it was the spying episode so at least I have something to look forward to :p

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah I think you're right, saw this interview with the director of the episode

Last night’s episode, “Charlie Work,” seemed to be a very specific homage: with a third act that appeared to be a continuous, seven minute tracking shot, punctuated with a jazzy drum riff and a running joke about a room full of chickens, how could it NOT be a parody of Birdman?

I contacted director and Always Sunny EP Matt Shakman for confirmation… but he told me the episode was written and shot well before the Academy Award-nominated film was on the radar. In fact, the tracking shot was inspired by the now infamous one on True Detective last season

I thought the whole episode was one long tracking shot and not just 7 minutes?

I find it hard to believe that about the Birdman coincidence. Maybe, and its only a maybe, the tracking shot was a coincidence. But there's no way the music is too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Enjoyed this weeks episode but think I'm expecting too much from the guys now, it's been so good that I need to lower my expectations. There's no way that could keep up to the level of last few weeks.

I'll have the snapper

Yes it wasnt as good as recent weeks but they were of exceptional standard and its still very funny in places.
    The bit with Charlie in the apartment and Frank talking into his ear!
    :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

it says here you have fresh fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The scene with the flowers was hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Charlie: You've never tasted yours!?!
    Dennis: OF COURSE NOT!
    Mac: I did taste mine but I didn't like it.
    Dennis: Ok. I did taste mine but I did like it.

I nearly choked at that, it figures that Dennis would like the taste of his own fluids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Charlie just wearing Franks disguise because Frank had headed off was so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Latest episode was brilliant up there with the very best.

so many laugh out loud moments all around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

BEAK!

ricero wrote: »
    Latest episode was brilliant up there with the very best.

so many laugh out loud moments all around

Really? I would be up there with the opposite opinion. Far too much unfunny meta references and not enough jokes. Picked up a bit at the end but I thought it was poor overall. Not one real laugh from me. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Really? I would be up there with the opposite opinion. Far too much unfunny meta references and not enough jokes. Picked up a bit at the end but I thought it was poor overall. Not one real laugh from me. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Loved it. Dennis freaking out and his speech about his car, Charlie ordering the chicken sandwich, frank and his new gang and Mac with the coke whoore. Also frank dressed as the man cheetah was hilarious.

Although I hope they bring up what Charlie and dee did in a future episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Totally agree, Dennis had some funny moments but could take or leave the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I feel Charlie Day really phoned in that last episode, in the past Charlie would have been freaking out a lot more at his mother banging all the guys I feel. Mac was great and an improvement over recent episodes but something just feels off about the atmosphere in the bar for me this season and a little last season too. Unsure how to pinpoint it though. Maureen Ponderrosa was good as was Bill's son too.

"I don't call him Dad, I call him mr. cocksucker because of all the cocks he sucks". What a line.

The hilarious scene with Charlie's Mom describing certain acts aside this was an off week for The Gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Any time I see Charlie get dickied up in a shirt and tie to play lawyer get my thumbs up.

Primarily bird law. Hahaha.

Over ruled ! Move to strike ! Duel !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Poor Mac "Oh, my God, do you know what this means? My dad was trying to establish dominance"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

The guy who plays Dennis is really skinny there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭briany

Another classic episode this week where the gang goes on Family Feud (known here as Family Fortunes). Any episode where they have to interact a lot with normal people outside of Paddy's makes for comedy gold.

briany wrote: »
    Another classic episode this week where the gang goes on Family Feud (known here as Family Fortunes). Any episode where they have to interact a lot with normal people outside of Paddy's makes for comedy gold.

I was half hoping they would get Steve Harvey but I guess it being on another network would make that impossible.

I spent about 19 of the 20 minutes it was on laughing. It's just the best comedy show there's been from America and it's not even close imo.

Jesus, what is this thread doing on page 4? ;) It definitely deserves more viewers.

Another great episode in a season that has had only one below par one. The only quibble Id have is that Dennis wasnt quite Dennis when he dropped to the floor in the foetal position.

This is maybe the strongest season since seasons 2-4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Another brilliant episode! I laughed the whole way through this 1! Frankito nearly broke me :D

• Advertisement

Burkatron wrote: »
    Another brilliant episode! I laughed the whole way through this 1! Frankito nearly broke me :D

I dunno i found it to be rather average compared to the high standards of this season. Probably the psycho Pete episode was worse.

I enjoyed Mac througout and Frankito but blood makes me feel uneasy so thats probably why :pac:

I enjoyed it, was a bit of an old style episode, though I think they are making Charlie a bit too smart this season compared to previously. The amount of blood was hilarious both times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I enjoyed it, was a bit of an old style episode, though I think they are making Charlie a bit too smart this season compared to previously. The amount of blood was hilarious both times.

Really?? Trundle is too smart?? :p

The sheer amount of blood and Duct taping frank back up so he would stop bleeding was hilarious.

The sheer amount of blood and Duct taping frank back up so he would stop bleeding was hilarious.

Ha, yeah maybe smart is the wrong word. Maybe reserved is more what I meant, his freakouts were a thing of beauty in previous seasons. I can't think of 1 really classic Charlie moment this season like the best song from last season or in Flowers for Charlie. It's almost like everyone's too accepting of his character flaws which is ridiculous in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I loved that the bag had too many pickles in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement