Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

wadacrack wrote: »
    Have a feeling Kim will get really mixed up in Saul's more corrupt side

She always has been.

Remember the scams and confidence trickster escapades she enjoyed with Jimmy so much.

She clearly enjoys that more and is bored by normal corporate work.

I don't think she really needs Saul to be corrupted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I might be reading too much into it, but the way Kevin said to Paige 'You were right this time'.
    Did that imply that Kim previously showed a can do attitude and tried to see if everything was possible?
    Now she is not bothered with it and going through the motions?

I took this the same way. In the past she would have made it happen... Now, she doesn't care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

The lines on that website in the testimonial section are hilarious.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/testimonials.php

'...keener on Huell than butter on a biscuit'

'They just love his Moses impression!'

They even put in voiceclips from some of the congregation.

Well done on finding it.

It's a great Easter Egg.

"When I had to leave for my Papaw's funeral, Huell watched my cats. He fed them and remembered to give them their medication. Oscar and Felix have sensitive stomachs and needed lots of love. Now every time he visits, they jump right on his lap." - Pauline B."

Irene mentions her two cats Oscar and Felix, when she wins at bingo in an earlier episode. Haha

Why are people using annoying spoiler tags?

Spoilers are in the thread title and surely people won't come here to the 78th page if they have not seen the show?

Anyhow, really good 8th episode. Had a bit of everything.

The setup with the letters and the phones was hilarious. The website just cracked me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That lawyer 100% knows something is still up, but it just wasn't worth her while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why are people using annoying spoiler tags?

Spoilers are in the thread title and surely people won't come here to the 78th page if they have not seen the show?

I put spoilers on Breaking Bad stuff where it gives away stuff as some people have not seen it

To the Mods I assume that BB is not included in the general spoiler tag?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Mike vouching for the German in that scene with Gus is gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

The whole team are gone as soon as.

What were the names on Nachos 2 driving licences? His and his fathers? Fakes obviously?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Nice to see Kim liking her Stereolab.

I put spoilers on Breaking Bad stuff where it gives away stuff as some people have not seen it

To the Mods I assume that BB is not included in the general spoiler tag?

Breaking Bad finished in 2013, I think you're safe.

Breaking Bad finished in 2013, I think you're safe.

Yeah it did, but there is a generation and/or people who have not seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I thought this was a better episode than last week, but still a bit draggy. Good to see Nacho back, and I want to see a lot more of his story-line, especially with this new Salamanca family member. I don't think those German lads are long for this world; this could be the event where Mike proves his value to Gus, if he wipes out the whole team of workers rather than taking a chance on them blabbing (no half measures). The Huell story is a big silly; I hope it's over. Also getting sick of Kim; her acting is so robotic! I can't stand to see her and Jimmy in scenes together now, they are so dull (she also reminds me of a cheetah for some reason: I think it's her head!).

Yeah it did, but there is a generation and/or people who have not seen it.

There's a generation and/or people who haven't seen Titanic too. Would you put spoiler tags on posts about the ship sinking at the end?

I think people should just look after that themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BandMember

Bigus wrote: »

Indeed. I think you'll find that I was the only one thank your post at the time too.... ;) What's that about great minds and fools? :p :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    Why's is Kim doing all this?

Kim is the one character I don't 'get' at all. Her motivations change as much as her mood. She's just all over the place and her storyline is just confusing at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A good episode in parts (Nacho's and Mike's scenes), and mixed in the rest.

Some great Nacho scenes, loved the giant artwork in his living room and his house is pretty cool. He's climbing the ladder. Couldn't see where the fake IDs were for but he's planning to run; but the arrival of Eduardo will surely put paid to that now - sadly. He's been great, and under-used in this season after being so prominent in the first few episodes. Eduardo looks like a psychopath from one scene alone - great intro and performance from the actor.

It was a nice piece of misdirection to get us to focus on Kai and think he'd be the one Mike would have to dispose of; the reality is it's likely to be Werner now, or more likely all of them seeing as you can't dispose of one and not the rest one would assume? Mike's moment of weakness/kindness letting them have some downtime in the strip club will bite him and them in their collective asses.

Kim is bored with mundane day to day banking law; she needs the excitement of Jimmy's scams and hustles to give her the excitement she craves. It's as simple as that, she's bored. Despite her success at the negotiation and litigation side, I'm not sure she's cut out for the darker elements required to do what Jimmy does (as we learn in BB).

I found they over-egged the cards/stationery/appeal thing a bit but nice little movie reference from the judge after telling Kim in a much earlier episode the law wasn't like in the movies (I'm paraphrasing, and I'm too tired to look up the exact quote). Between this week and last week's montage there does seem to have been a lot of filler material to make up the run time, or maybe I'm overanalysing here?

There's just 2 episodes left this season. I'd hope a lot will happen, but given the pace of this season, who knows? It could continue with this pacing. I'm fine either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That was the cleverist eposode of the whole series.

Really really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Like I said a few pages back... you can trust Gilligan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

The website being active is brilliant... And if you donate, it goes to the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

There's a generation and/or people who haven't seen Titanic too. Would you put spoiler tags on posts about the ship sinking at the end?

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Does the Titanic sink at the end??? Aw, Jeeesus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    Zero chemistry between Jimmy and Kim

In the real world she would ditch him

If it were me in the real world I'd have dumped her ages ago for the hot and cold nonsense she's been at since the start - one minute she's chastising Jimmy for his slippin and giving him the cold shoulder, the next minute she's all over him and actively encouraging it.

Once again, the Mike story was the A-plot for me last night with the Jimmy/Kim adventure being drawn out and uninteresting. Admittedly it's been a while since I watched BB, but a whole episode devoted to an elaborate scam to get a minor character off the hook? Yes it was creative for sure, but nothing we haven't seen from Jimmy already.

I said it last week but it really is starting to feel like the writers are struggling to fill the airtime. Just my 2c though - as I said, I watch this to be entertained and not so much for the artistic nuances.

Kim is the one character I don't 'get' at all. Her motivations change as much as her mood. She's just all over the place and her storyline is just confusing at this stage.

I'm sure it's all about how she's morally conflicted and wanting to do the right things but struggling against her true nature, whereas Jimmy has increasingly accepted and embraced who he really is.

Yin and Yang... Or something.

I just don't like the character myself and feel she drags the whole thing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Michelin wrote: »
    "I think the reason I’m whinging here about the show is that I’m too emotionally invested by now to stop watching it, though not fully enjoying it either. "

Your sounding like the wife. Replace show with relationship

I must admit this week’s episode was good. It’s good to see more of Jimmy the chancer, that we grew to love in BB. The German workers story line is a bit uninspiring though, but that’s my only issue this week.:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Does the Titanic sink at the end??? Aw, Jeeesus!!!

Don't worry, rumours of a sequel ..
    latest?cb=20150601164059

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Very surprised how sloppy Werner was in telling some strangers about his building project!

Also, what the hell are they taking them out to a strip club for ? after all the effort to bus them around in a van, not knowing where they are etc.

I fear for these German lads, I think it will be the first WTF moment in BCS - on a scale of Hank getting shot in BB.

Fantastic show though.

Love all the different stories in it - and the trip to Louisiana at the start ! top TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If it were me in the real world I'd have dumped her ages ago for the hot and cold nonsense she's been at since the start - one minute she's chastising Jimmy for his slippin and giving him the cold shoulder, the next minute she's all over him and actively encouraging it.

Fellas do be puttin up with a lot if they keep gettin the ride, from a good looking intelligent lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,599 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think Kim just doesn't know what she wants. She thought she wanted to be a successful corporate lawyer, then she hated that so she thought she wanted to be a public defender, and likes it but when Jimmy gave her the chance at grifting again, she loved the rush of it all and now she wants excitement.

That's all well and good but she's never really had to deal with what happens when the grift goes wrong which I suspect is happening next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I've been wondering about people's reaction to this show, I'm wondering if it is to do with the audience. When BB came out first it was a slow burning show, with schemes playing out over a whole series or longer. Watched by a minority of people.

Many people (especially in Ireland) got onto BB when Netflix picked it up, and the binging of tv shows allowed for the timing of these schemes playing out to happen over a day or week. As BCS episodes are released weekly, the entire audience has that need to delay gratification and let things unfold slowly.

If you think it's too slow, but do like the show - then you need to let episodes build up and binge on it.

Staplor wrote: »
    I've been wondering about people's reaction to this show, I'm wondering if it is to do with the audience. When BB came out first it was a slow burning show, with schemes playing out over a whole series or longer. Watched by a minority of people.

Many people (especially in Ireland) got onto BB when Netflix picked it up, and the binging of tv shows allowed for the timing of these schemes playing out to happen over a day or week. As BCS episodes are released weekly, the entire audience has that need to delay gratification and let things unfold slowly.

If you think it's too slow, but do like the show - then you need to let episodes build up and binge on it.

Really good observation

Odd seeing people's thoughts about this episode. I was one of the people who loved last week's but for some reason this week didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great.

I suppose that's what's so great about bcs. It's different for each viewer. I'll be sad when this season is over.

Fellas do be puttin up with a lot if they keep gettin the ride, from a good looking intelligent lady.

[controversial] she wouldn't do anything for me looks wise [/controversial] :p

I just don't like the character. I get that Jimmy does love her but I have never felt it was reciprocated. Their "relationship" has always seemed like more of a convenient friends with benefits thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tru dat.

I don't actually fancy her in the show per se. Very plain Jane - which I think is the idea. But there were some Press photos of her at the launch and Jesus Christ she looks stunning. She actually looks like a different woman completely. Further googling after that confirms same......a friend told me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

another average episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Staplor wrote: »

FWIW - I binged on the first 3 seasons of BB and then waited until season 4 was done before watching, same with season 5. I haven't done that with BCS and I'm enjoying it just as much.

Even while binging on BB - you would say it's very slow moving - it's Gilligans pacing of a story more than people being impatient I believe. Ultimately, if a times the show is moving slowly, you just have to trust that it will be worth it.

In the case of BB - 100% worth it, BCS - we'll see, but so far I think it's a brilliantly put together show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

... Couldn't see where the fake IDs were for but he's planning to run...

ID's said Manitoba, Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sugar Free wrote: »

I swear I saw one of those was for Nacho's friend who got strangled a couple of episodes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Sugar Free wrote: »

The actor that plays Nacho is actually Canadian :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I swear I saw one of those was for Nacho's friend who got strangled a couple of episodes back.

Thought it was his father's No? I couldn't make it out poor broadband last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Yes it was his fathers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

That episode was a steaming pile of dung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ok...

• Advertisement

Have a blessed day ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I did feel a bit tense when Jimmy was doing the minister routine with the solicitor, I was convinced he'd slip up somewhere and end up in serious sh1t, that whole story was hilarious.

Loved seeing the retro Dortmund jersey on Kai.

That bottle top kim was looking at was the one from Gisele and Victor scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Very surprised how sloppy Werner was in telling some strangers about his building project!

Also, what the hell are they taking them out to a strip club for ? after all the effort to bus them around in a van, not knowing where they are etc.

I fear for these German lads, I think it will be the first WTF moment in BCS - on a scale of Hank getting shot in BB.

Fantastic show though.

Love all the different stories in it - and the trip to Louisiana at the start ! top TV.

Hector, that's a very good interpretation/prediction. The shock factor would be jaw dropping. See what Mike was telling Werner?? No free pass Werner! ok, just one!!

I thought this was one of the best episodes so far. Son told me that Nacho (or rather the actor) is from Manitoba. I've a bad feeling that Manitoba is not the final destination for poor old Nacho and Dad.

All drug dealers are scum, why an I empathising with them?????

Kim kissing Jimmy in the stairwell, ok, its the thrill of the hunt. But, it seems too easy for the writers , to me. On the other hand, the whole Huel thing works for me -its the birth of Saul.

as a series, 7/10/
    most recent episode, 10/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The shock factor would be jaw dropping.

Jaw dropping? Oh come on. It's what we're all expecting! Hanks end was shocking because it was unexpected.

People seriously losing the run of themselves in this thread.

But the thing is there are nuances in BB I would not like to ruin for people.
    That was part of the fun of it.
    OK, they know the general gist of the story Mr Chips > Scarface.
    But, they don't know what the filling is between the sandwich.
    I wouldn't like to ruin that for people. who had not seen it
    I know I'd be pissed off!

The guy that was sitting in the restaurant in front of Nacho when he ripped out the ear-ring is the same guy that walt strangled in his basement with the bike lock

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1362980/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

Surprised no one here has mentioned it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The guy that was sitting in the restaurant in front of Nacho when he ripped out the ear-ring is the same guy that walt strangled in his basement with the bike lock

He's been in it since Season 2, maybe an episode or two in Seasons 2 & 3.

I thought it was assumed people know already - 'Krazy 8' wears his fathers furniture shop Tamplico t-shirt at times as well.
    In a previous episode in BB we saw a shop front that had Krazy 8 when Saul/Jimmy was doing his runners scam with Irene in the shopping mall.
    It was not said that is where Krazy 8 got his name but it just showed the shop front so you could imply it.

I think that we also could see Walt as a customer of Tamplico in any flash backs, because in the same episode you mention, Walt says he thinks he regcognises Krazy 8 from the shop.
    Walt's baby's cot was brought from Tamplico (It was written on the badge in a close up of the cot).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was great.

I expect the Germans will all be iced and there was no plan for them to return home at all from the beginning.

Advertisement