Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

iguana wrote: »
    I just did check and there were 2 male yellow rangers but Also Starring Levar Burton is probably right.

My bad. I only ever watched the original series, and watched an episode or two of RPM on Netflix recently because I'm a fan of both Rose McIver and Ari Boyland so wanted to check it out, but my previous statement that there were never any male yellow rangers was definitely no more than an assumption...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My bad. I only ever watched the original series, and watched an episode or two of RPM on Netflix recently because I'm a fan of both Rose McIver and Ari Boyland so wanted to check it out, but my previous statement that there were never any male yellow rangers was definitely no more than an assumption...

Well at least 90% of the yellow rangers were female and the majority of people just know the original series. I only know the first series and the Samurai ones as they have a couple of Christmas specials on Netflix and we tried to watch a Christmas superhero a day on the lead up to Christmas this year. I just know that the actor playing the original Blue Ranger was treated utterly appallingly on set and wondered if it was some sort of reference to that.

On another note, knowing the fun this series likes to have with names, I wonder if Liv telling Clive that Zombie High kills a major character every year was a hint at Mr Lilywhite's fate this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've really been enjoying the latest episodes. Glad to hear it's available on netflix now because it deserves a bigger audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Anyone watching this on RTE2? It was on the last 2 weeks at 8 on mondays. not on today and apparently not on next week. Has it been relegated to a graveyard slot? cant see it on at any time. Anyone have any clue when it will be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this on RTE2? It was on the last 2 weeks at 8 on mondays. not on today and apparently not on next week. Has it been relegated to a graveyard slot? cant see it on at any time. Anyone have any clue when it will be shown?

I was puzzled too. It looks like it's on at 23:50... Surely a one-off or mistake and not there for the remainder of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I was puzzled too. It looks like it's on at 23:50... Surely a one-off or mistake and not there for the remainder of the series.

It wouldn't be the first time RTE2 has started a series at an early time and then shifted it to a later timeslot. They have done it with Person of Interest.

According to DigiGuide listings iZombie is at 11.40pm next monday.
    Then at 8.05pm on Monday 15th.
    And back to 11.50pm on Monday 22th.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

brian_t wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the first time RTE2 has started a series at an early time and then shifted it to a later timeslot. They have done it with Person of Interest.

Looks to be down to the Six Nations.

Brooklyn 99 and Mom have been moved from Friday to the Monday 8pm slot this week due to there being a 6N match on Friday.

Before checking I did think it odd that they knocked Person of Interest out of it's 8pm slot to a late night one on Tuesday and replaced it with IZombie only to then move IZ to a late slot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

brian_t wrote: »

Yeah, was looking for it & saw it in the guide for 11.50pm, no mention in tv listings.
    But a safe bet it'll be on late as well on the 29th as Oscars Red Carpet+Highlights will be on that nite too.

Also just watching the 3rd ep now, did anyone else see the Irish flag in the cop bar?
    But look at Night Shift @1.15am, afaik it says it's the 3rd ep too!
    Mormegil wrote: »
    Looks to be down to the Six Nations.

Brooklyn 99 and Mom have been moved from Friday to the Monday 8pm slot this week due to there being a 6N match on Friday.

Before checking I did think it odd that they knocked Person of Interest out of it's 8pm slot to a late night one on Tuesday and replaced it with IZombie only to then move IZ to a late slot as well.

I thought Brooklyn 99 was a rpt, but i see now that its the u20s on Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

But look at Night Shift @1.15am, afaik it says it's the 3rd ep too!

I think that is a repeat showing of The Night Shift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

thanks for that. Dont think I will be watching it on Rte if it is so irregular:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I vote Liv keeps some of that brain handy. She wears it well.
    Weird role for Kristen Bell. Hope we get more of a cameo at some point

This week's episode was great. Only 6 episodes left this season and it seems to be building nicely towards the finale.

I know it's not the best rated show on The CW (which as a network is better than ever before, content wise), but hopefully it's done enough to warrant a 3rd Season regardless. The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural and The 100 are all ahead of iZombie in the ratings, but 6th best show on the network should still be enough to get it renewed. Fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

This week's episode was great. Only 6 episodes left this season and it seems to be building nicely towards the finale.

I know it's not the best rated show on The CW (which as a network is better than ever before, content wise), but hopefully it's done enough to warrant a 3rd Season regardless. The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural and The 100 are all ahead of iZombie in the ratings, but 6th best show on the network should still be enough to get it renewed. Fingers crossed anyway.
    There's a strong chance it'll get cancelled, not just because of ratings, but because of CBS/CW politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll just say this. That burger looked TASTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There's a strong chance it'll get cancelled, not just because of ratings, but because of CBS/CW politics.
    I agree with you in principle, but my gut feeling (slash hope!) is that they axe Reign and keep Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (a spectacularly good show) and Jane The Virgin (which other people seem to love) - those are the 3 CBS shows. Keep in mind CXG goes up against Supergirl... so, CBS wants low CW ratings in that slot - if anything, they take an Emmy-winning show and move it to CBS!

The Vampire Diaries, iZombie and The 100 are, IMO, toss-ups in terms of ratings. Easily, iZombie is the best show and Rob Thomas has a lot of brand recognition behind him. I think people seem to like TVD, but I've literally never heard of anyone who has watched The 100 nor have I ever heard anything good about it from reviewers.

I've read that it's likely to be reviewed but we won't know until the announcement is made. All we can do is hope. Such a good show, I was unconvinced for the first series. It seemed like a Tru Calling Veronica Mars mash up. But its actually such a unique and very witty show.

"You missed the zombie apocalypse, the rapture and the ginger rapture."

I agree with you in principle, but my gut feeling (slash hope!) is that they axe Reign and keep Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (a spectacularly good show) and Jane The Virgin (which other people seem to love) - those are the 3 CBS shows. Keep in mind CXG goes up against Supergirl... so, CBS wants low CW ratings in that slot - if anything, they take an Emmy-winning show and move it to CBS!
    CBS will make sure Reign gets renewed, because of the "third full-season (nearly) always guarantees a fourth season" rule, and because of syndication money. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend will get cancelled because of its ratings, and only being in its first season.
    The Vampire Diaries, iZombie and The 100 are, IMO, toss-ups in terms of ratings. Easily, iZombie is the best show and Rob Thomas has a lot of brand recognition behind him. I think people seem to like TVD, but I've literally never heard of anyone who has watched The 100 nor have I ever heard anything good about it from reviewers.
    The Vampire Diaries is totally safe because of the CW/Netflix deal. The 100's ratings are slightly better than iZombie's, and will have more episodes at the end of this season than iZombie, (45 vs 32), so I think The 100 is more likely to get renewed than iZombie.

The 100 is one of the best (if not the best) shows on Network TV and has a very loyal following (quite a few of us here on boards included) - doing better in ratings than iZombie or The Vampire Diaries, actually went up in ratings this season, and head of The CW Mark Pedowitz genuinely loves it, it's a cracking series (once you get past the first 5 episodes or so and it finds its feet).

iZombie is also fantastic and something I think Mark Pedowitz also personally enjoys which stands to its favour. Pedowitz is basically the guy who came in a couple of years ago and moved The CW away from the teen girl demographic to a the comic/novel adaptation centre that it is seen as today. If it were just ratings based decision, no doubt iZombie would be back next season, I think it's just the whole CBS/WB debacle of The CW needing to air x amount of CBS made shows, when the top performers are all made by Warner Bros.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So this was the original finale then before they got a 6-episode pick up? Worked well and the various plot strands are folding in together neatly.
    Show has gotten the balance between drama, horror, and comedy done at a near-perfect balance and I really hope it gets more episodes (I'm not too sure what the CBS debacle is. Is CW for some reason obliged to sell shows to them? I know there's a Netflix deal but that's presumably unrelated).
    I've literally never heard of anyone who has watched The 100 nor have I ever heard anything good about it from reviewers.
    I'm watching thanks to all the recommendations! There's a number of people here, as LeVar said, and major sci-fi sites like io9 regularly have 'The 100' as 'the best show you're not watching'.
    I'm 1/3 of the way into the second season and it's improved hugely from the rather weak start to be quite a damn good show.

ixoy wrote: »
    So this was the original finale then before they got a 6-episode pick up? Worked well and the various plot strands are folding in together neatly.
    Show has gotten the balance between drama, horror, and comedy done at a near-perfect balance and I really hope it gets more episodes (I'm not too sure what the CBS debacle is. Is CW for some reason obliged to sell shows to them? I know there's a Netflix deal but that's presumably unrelated).

The CW is co-owned by Warner Bros and CBS Studios (so not the actual network) and they're obligated to show TV shows from both studios.
    Currently the WB shows airing on the network are iZombie, The 100, Supernatural, Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, which also happen to be the top rated shows on the network.
    CBS studios only have 3 shows currently on the network, which are Reign, Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, so when it comes to renewing shows, apparently at least 1 or 2 of the current CBS shows would have to be renewed, which increaces the chances of one of the better rated WB shows being cancelled.
    Basically it's all politics and bullsh*t - it'd make more sense to just pick up all the new series for next season from CBS studios and renew all of the current WB ones.
    I'm watching thanks to all the recommendations! There's a number of people here, as LeVar said, and major sci-fi sites like io9 regularly have 'The 100' as 'the best show you're not watching'.
    I'm 1/3 of the way into the second season and it's improved hugely from the rather weak start to be quite a damn good show.

Glad to hear you're enjoying The 100 - it gets even better as it goes along. Be sure to let us know what you think in The 100 thread once you've caught up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

but why not just renew them all, outta the main ones mentioned im only watch iZombie arrow and flash, im kinda here and there if i wanna watch more of DCLOT after the pilot, ive heard great things about 100, but sadly i wont get a chance to watch in the next year or two id say, i only just caught up with this today, watched the last 3 episodes, which were great, that brain burger looked savage, i was nearly drooling looking at it :D

but what id really like is to see iZombie renewed for a 3rd season of 13 or so episodes, i think season 2, while still being great, dragged a little, and didnt flow as well as the 13 episode first season, very few shows seem to pull off the 22 plus episode seasons, nearly all the great shows these days are shorter seasons, more story is packed into less episodes, and this is what i think has lead to the great increase in quality TV that been dished out in the last decade,

ill be really pissed if its cancelled, it is a top quality show,

I read io9 all the time but must have missed it. Didn't think AVClub looked too favourably on it either. But I could be wrong. In any event I meant looking purely at the ratings, all 3 are a toss-up if the "2 shows minimum" rumour is to be believed.

How does this show manage to be so very on the nose with it's humour and yet do it so very, very cleverly. Blaine gives us a really quite nice rendition of "A Whiter Shade of Pale" right before doing just that. While Ravi, who likes to name his rats after Star Wars movies, tests a cure on a clone rat and turns it into a zombie that tries to attack.

Great episode but I'm a bit confused by the ending -
    why did Blaine turn back into a zombie. His throat was slit by a knife and he was buried. Are we to believe now that the cure will eventually kill zombies for good, but if they're "killed" by normal human means they will re-zombify and survive?
    Or did I miss something? :confused:

Great episode but I'm a bit confused by the ending -
    why did Blaine turn back into a zombie. His throat was slit by a knife and he was buried. Are we to believe now that the cure will eventually kill zombies for good, but if they're "killed" by normal human means they will re-zombify and survive?
    Or did I miss something? :confused:

A New Hope turned back into a zombie a few months after being cured. Then a few months after that she died. So it's always been just a matter of time before Blaine and Major revert to being zombies and once they do they will drop dead a year or so afterwards. (Based on the proportional lifespan of a rat to a human.)

The fact that Blaine couldn't taste the wine properly was the first sign that the zombie virus was out of remission. It's also why Genie was zombified after their sex. It was just coincidence that Boss decided to murder him as the virus took control again. Major has about 12-24 hours before he is a zombie again too.

The fact that Blaine couldn't taste the wine properly was the first sign that the zombie virus was out of remission. It's also why Genie was zombified after their sex. It was just coincidence that Boss decided to murder him as the virus took control again. Major has about 12-24 hours before he is a zombie again too.

Ah yes, very clever. I don't know why, but while I was watching the episode for some reason I thought Genie was already a zombie, and I didn't twig the wine thing, but now that you've said it, it all makes sense and that's very clever writing - the subtle hints were there all along.

Ah yes, very clever. I don't know why, but while I was watching the episode for some reason I thought Genie was already a zombie, and I didn't twig the wine thing, but now that you've said it, it all makes sense and that's very clever writing - the subtle hints were there all along.

It's such a clever show. I'd say that for at least every third episode as the credits start my first thought is how very cleverly it all tied together. Then over the next hour or so more little bits of brilliance occur to me. On top of that it's one of the wittiest shows on tv, full of excellent one liners and blink and you'd miss it physical humor. And all of the characters have excellent chemistry with each other. Even Major who started off as the draggiest part of the show for me has turned into a really funny, likable guy the more he is paired with Ravi. Though who wouldn't shine in scenes with Ravi, as he is constantly stellar.

I'll be gutted if it doesn't get a third series as it is just so enjoyable of every level. I think the thing that has hurt this show the most with it's ratings is how similar it initially seems to the very mediocre Tru Calling. And it's not helping that it seems to constantly be on hiatus, I can't believe we have to wait until just before Easter until the next episode.:(

I think the thing that has hurt this show the most with it's ratings is how similar it initially seems to the very mediocre Tru Calling.
    The modern day CW audience isn't watching this show because it's similar to a show that got cancelled over a decade ago? That's what hurt iZombie the most with ratings?

Renewed for Season 3

• Advertisement

Woohoo! I knew when I saw an update on this thread that it would be about renewal/cancellation. So glad it's the former. :D

Advertisement