Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we up to date with the books now?

Options
  • 16-06-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

Just wondering as I'd like to have a nosey at the book readers threads to see where the differences were - however if there's still spoilers for the next series I won't peek!

Thanks

MODS - please correct the typo in the title, it will drive me crazy now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

we are generally at the same point for a number of threads but there are others that are a bit ahead.

Some have now gone down different paths

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just wondering as I'd like to have a nosey at the book readers threads to see where the differences were - however if there's still spoilers for the next series I won't peek!

Thanks

MODS - please correct the typo in the title, it will drive me crazy now...

Yup, there's no spoilers anymore just fan theories and speculation. There's lots of stuff in the show that's different though, particularly this last season.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The book reader thread also has theories and speculations in it based on book content for things that may have happened earlier in the books but have not happened (so far) in the series. There are still things that could spoil it for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

A lot of the book stuff wasn't in the show this season (Iron Islands, for example) and I don't know if they'll revisit it.

Jon is at where he is in the books but there are lots of theories about him and a few others that weren't mentioned or weren't obvious in the show so enter at your own peril.

Bran and Daenerys are at where they are in the books.

Arya deviated a bit but still has some book stuff to cover. Same with Cersei.

A lot of other characters deviated this season. Jaime and Sansa for example.

I wouldn't advise reading the book thread without reading the books. There's just too much background and theories that show watchers don't know. There's plenty of time to just read the books :p

Oh, btw, you can edit the title by editing the title of your OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

One plotline where the series is well behind the books is the journey of Samwell and Gilly to Oldtown.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya although the main plot is caught up there are still a lot of things that could potentially be spoilered. Especially if they bring in the Iron Islands next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There's a few major things that haven't happened in the show yet, and may never happen in the show, but then again they could happen next season. I wouldn't advise going into the readers thread anyway until you've actually read all the books.

And probably goes without saying, but YES they're worth reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

If I were you I'd be concerned about the show revisiting the iron islands and the riverlands, they've not gone near those stories for seasons now but I'm pretty sure they will. Also, there's Dornish stories and plots that haven't been revealed in the show yet but definitely will, otherwise they wouldn't have included that excruciatingly boring arc.

There's also more to Cersei, Margaery, Varys, Littlefinger, Arya, Davos, and some other major and minor characters that may or may not be shown. Err on the side of caution. In fact, I'd recommend spending the time you would have spent on those forums, actually reading the books. We love them for a reason :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Trying to be as vague as possible:

Apparently they are casting for Greyjoy characters. Maybe (Please God HOPEFULLY) they will just start that storyline where it left off in the last books and cut out 99% of what happened in book 4/5/whatever (Even worse than Dorne IMHO)

Other than that, Nim hit it on the head as to the current lay of the land re books/show.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Well you can't exactly say that there are spoilers in the books when in series some parts are totally excluded... So now the books and the series are somehow on the same page, but with some different stories.... LOL

• Advertisement
Advertisement