Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very gay looking Christian preacher (verbally) bashing Elton John

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

Freddie Mercury's estate called asking for his moustache back! :D

Joseph-Farah_avatar.jpg

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/elton-john-meet-jesus/
    “If Jesus Christ was alive today, I cannot see him, as the Christian person that he was and the great person that he was, saying this could not happen. He was all about love and compassion and forgiveness and trying to bring people together, and that is what the church should be about.”
    – Elton John, justifying “marrying” his male partner next year
    Elton John, meet the real Jesus – not the Jesus of your imagination and self-justification.

Jesus wasn’t just a great person, full of love and compassion and forgiveness.

He was God come to Earth to give His life on the cross to provide a path for salvation for fallen mankind.

The thing people forget about God is that He never changes. He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He has immutable standards. When human beings, those He created in His own image fall short of the mark, He requires that we repent and seek His gift of forgiveness. Forgiving ourselves doesn’t count.

It's not even the article really, it's the comments. They just CAN'T let people live their lives and be happy, miserable, hateful b@stards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

God makes us all in his image.
    He makes some people straight.
    He makes some people gay.
    If he makes you gay it's your problem.
    Is this really logical?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

the real Jesus – not the Jesus of your imagination

Hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

lazygal wrote: »
    Is this really logical?

but we'll make it our lifes work to fcuk up your life for you and persecute you for what you are and who you love at every opportunity. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

vibe666 wrote: »
    Freddie Mercury's estate called asking for his moustache back! :D

I used be in a forum where OP's derived from WND were effectively banned, and with good reason too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The thing people forget about God is that He never changes. He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He has immutable standards. When human beings, those He created in His own image fall short of the mark, He requires that we repent and seek His gift of forgiveness. Forgiving ourselves doesn’t count.

God sounds like a slave owner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Hmm, so we can tell the gays just by looking at them now? Makes homophobia as low an effort as racism, count me in! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Elton John, meet the real Jesus – not the Jesus of your imagination and self-justification, but the Jesus of my imagination and self-justification.

Fix'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

The thing people forget about God is that He never changes. He’s the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Uh... actually, Mr preacher sir, didn't he change his mind a whole bunch of times, like with that flood thing for instance?

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/repent.html

Hmm, so we can tell the gays just by looking at them now? Makes homophobia as low an effort as racism, count me in! :rolleyes:
    Ah c'mon, I was making a joke of the fact that a raging homophobe just happens to look very gay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is this really logical?

This short video explains it all.

(Heavily NSFW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is this really logical?

This is the part the Teabillies like to gloss over.

This is the part the Teabillies like to gloss over.

And that homosexual behavior has been observed in over 450 different species of animal and up to 10% of all animals, making it a perfectly natural phenomenon, unlike religiosity and bigotry, which is found in only one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

vibe666 wrote: »
    [...]unlike religiosity and bigotry, which is found in only one.
    Interesting point.

If your definition of "bigotry" includes aggression for political, reputational etc reasons, rather than just simple defence or attack for immediate cause, then I'd say that most primates could be accused of bigotry.

robindch wrote: »
    Interesting point.

If your definition of "bigotry" includes aggression for political, reputational etc reasons, rather than just simple defence or attack for immediate cause, then I'd say that most primates could be accused of bigotry.
    Not so much against the gay monkeys though. ;)

Advertisement