Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timing belt cost 03 Astra

• 28-02-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi My wife got the timing belt , water pump , oil and filter change and bushing on the front of the car replaced ( which was €30 ) .But to get to the point the total cost came to €617 I myself think it is rather expensive . It was done by a main Opel dealer in Limerick . What do ye think .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats a bit steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not that steep for a main dealer. Oil and filter is basically a service so thats at least €100, then the bushing and fitting is probably another €100 leaving the belt and water pump at €400 which is what main dealers charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

bridgeman wrote: »
    Hi My wife got the timing belt , water pump , oil and filter change and bushing on the front of the car replaced ( which was €30 ) .But to get to the point the total cost came to €617 I myself think it is rather expensive . It was done by a main Opel dealer in Limerick . What do ye think .

Its actually quite reasonable for a main dealer! they charge €80-€100 labour and the timing belt change is 2-3 chargeable hours work alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

I paid around the same 5 years ago at the opel main dealers so I'm afraid thats about right.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bridgeman

THe bushing was €30 all in . The timing belt cost €130 and €130 to install the waterpump €90 . The oil cost €30 and €78 to change it . Plus VAT of course .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i think its a decent price for a main dealer!
    the oil change looks expensive but dont forget it has to take account of environmentally disposing of the oil too iirc.

you done well imo.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Not that steep for a main dealer. Oil and filter is basically a service so thats at least €100, then the bushing and fitting is probably another €100 leaving the belt and water pump at €400 which is what main dealers charge.
    Oil and filter a service are you joking ???????????

gumbo wrote: »
    i think its a decent price for a main dealer!
    the oil change looks expensive but dont forget it has to take account of environmentally disposing of the oil too iirc.

you done well imo.

Disposing of the oil was charged on top of that .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bridgeman wrote: »
    Disposing of the oil was charged on top of that .

well then you need to list a breakdown of what you were charged but bottom line is you got charged a very good rate.

my mate changed a water pump, timing belt and associated little things on a pug 306 last year and that cost 450 as a nixer. you got a good service on top of that, a proper recipt, warranty and a main dealer stamp in your service book, again, you done well imo.

Advertisement