Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€800 Gaming Build - Order asap so any opinions\advice greatly appreciated

Options
  • 22-09-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I am hoping to put through an order for a new PC over the next few days, will do the main post first and then post what I have come up with so far on my own...

A big concern for me would also be ease of upgrading in the future.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated especially with regards to re-using my existing power supply:

1. What is your budget? €800, fairly strict budget unfortunately

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming mainly FM2015, Day-Z, Fifa15, COH2 etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have a Corsair CX 600 PSU that I am hoping to re-use

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. Preferably 24inch

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/etc.] Will grab a cheapish Keyboard\Mouse combo if any cash left at the end, but not essential.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes, but not immediately and I would not mind if it could not be done.

8. How can you pay? Any

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Will follow online guides so hopefully I will be ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Richie Aprile

Cant post images :(

This is what I have come up with so far (after geizhels):

ASUS R9280-DC2T-3GD5 mit MANTLE , 3GB GDDR5, 2x DVI,HDMI, DisplayPort - €179.90
    Intel Core i5-4590 in-a-Box - €172.21
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 – €62.48
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s - €47.57
    Corsair Carbide Series 200R, ATX, ohne Netzteil - €46.68
    ASRock H87 Pro4, Sockel 1150, ATX - €65.41
    BenQ GL2450HM - €139.00

So far that’s €720.24 inc delivery so I have some room to upgrade parts or add in a SSD.

A bit confused with processors and no idea how much I should be spending on the motherboard.

Monitor is on the cheap side but seems to get decent reviews.

Again any input here is greatly appreciated, the alternative is I can get a new Dell XPS with a healthy discount but I kind of want to build my own rig.

OK so I am going to pull the trigger on this build tomorrow morning, just going to add in a 120GB SSD and a few SATA cables to the order.

If anyone can advise if something in the build is not compatible or if I am missing something obvious (will PSU be ok?) a heads up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

I think everybody is distracted by the new Nvidia card launch. I'm not too knowledgeable about the parts you're ordering but it all seems reasonable. 600 watts should be fine for a stock-clocked cpu and that gpu.

SSDs make quite a noticeable difference, so it would be worth slipping one for your system drive if you've got the budget. At least 120GB, or 250GB if you want to put your top few apps/games on it. Mostly people go with Samsung or Crucial.

Hey thanks for the response. I am sure the regulars are fed up with these type of threads. I am just a bit wary of going ahead without getting some feedback from someone in the know.

I had pretty much decided on the previous build I posted was all set to put the order in tonight\tomorrow morning, However there is a slight change now. The budget has increased to €950 :) It will now double as a work desktop (nothing taxing just VB.Net) so I have a bit more to play with. Thinking along these lines:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, 4GB GDDR5 - €339.90
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9 - €62.48
    ASRock B85 Pro4, Sockel 1150, ATX - €60.52
    Intel Core i5-4590 in-a-Box - €172.21
    Corsair Carbide Series 200R, ATX, ohne Netzteil - €46.76
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 2000GB, SATA 6Gb/s - €71.00
    Crucial MX100 SSD 128GB (2,5", 7mm) - €58.13
    BenQ GL2450HM - €139.00
    Delock SATA Kabel 30cm links/gerade - (x3) - €4.98

Total inc Delivery €961.97

Only real change is the Graphics Card which from reviews I believe is a huge step up from the R9 280 and rivals the much more expensive R9 290X.

So yea, I think my heart is set on the that unless someone can see a glaring error or recommend changes elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

From what I hear the Gigabyte 970 G1 is the cream of the new Maxwell crop. 970's are the best FPS/euro you can get now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement