Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2015/2016

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Now that JC is over for most of us, said I may as well start this.

So what's everyone doing over the Summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

gazump123 wrote: »
    Now that JC is over for most of us, said I may as well start this.

So what's everyone doing over the Summer?

:( So TY is over for the 2014/2015 crowd?

I refuse to accept the truth.

But in all fairness, have a great time in TY when it comes around. Get involved, step out of your comfort zone, and most of all, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

:( So TY is over for the 2014/2015 crowd?

I refuse to accept the truth.

But in all fairness, have a great time in TY when it comes around. Get involved, step out of your comfort zone, and most of all, enjoy it.

Haha I guess ye can stay around for a while if ye want ;).

Thanks man. I plan on doing loads so I don't get bored throughout the year.

So when is everyone back? We're back the 1st of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 greenwhale

gazump123 wrote: »
    So when is everyone back? We're back the 1st of September.

I'm not back till the 4th! Definitely the latest it's ever been. I've had a quiet enough summer too, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.

greenwhale wrote: »
    I'm not back till the 4th! Definitely the latest it's ever been. I've had a quiet enough summer too, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    Same here. All I've done is played sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭lundrum

What are ye all doing for work experience? I'm gonna be working with a politician which'll be particularly interesting in 2016 :D

lundrum wrote: »
    What are ye all doing for work experience? I'm gonna be working with a politician which'll be particularly interesting in 2016 :D

Going to Centra, a tyre fitting place and doing some rugby coaching. When do ye do your work experience? We do ours every Monday for the school year.

Really? That sounds interesting how did you manage to get that?
    I haven't anything sorted yet but I'm hoping to get some in an architects. I might do a week in the local pharmacy as well. When are you doing yours?

I'm not really sure how I got it tbh. I know someone who works with him and I sent in a CV and got an interview and it just worked out. I'm doing it every wednesday.

I'm not really sure how I got it tbh. I know someone who works with him and I sent in a CV and got an interview and it just worked out. I'm doing it every wednesday.

That's class. We only do work experience for two weeks in my school, and we haven't been told us the dates, so no one has anything organised!

• Advertisement

So I had my first day of TY on Friday and things are looking pretty good. My form is great craic already, and we have our musical auditions next week. How's it going for everyone else?

So I had my first day of TY on Friday and things are looking pretty good. My form is great craic already, and we have our musical auditions next week. How's it going for everyone else?

First week was grand. Work experience starts tomorrow and our first social concern is Wednesday. Judo for PE was decent craic as well.

Pretty great, I've got the worst possible class group though lol and I wasn't allowed to change. Barely know anyone. I'm working on my project for the BT. Anyone else gonna do it this year?

How are everyone's mini companies doing? Any original ideas? Ours is doing beanie hats.

Advertisement