Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 307 Headlight Bulb Replacement Price?

• 11-09-2014 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I bought a Peugeot 307 today and noticed one dimmed headlight (i think) on the driver side is not working, how much roughly would this cost to fix in a garage?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Henleyz wrote: »
    I bought a Peugeot 307 today and noticed one dimmed headlight (i think) on the driver side is not working, how much roughly would this cost to fix in a garage?

Thanks

Garage? To change a bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Henleyz

degsie wrote: »
    Garage? To change a bulb?

I know absolutely nothing about cars :/ I'd prefer to get someone to be honest, unless its easy? Read that it can be hard though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Henleyz wrote: »
    I know absolutely nothing about cars :/ I'd prefer to get someone to be honest, unless its easy? Read that it can be hard though...

Your car manual will show you. It's easy (usually)

degsie wrote: »
    Your car manual will show you. It's easy (usually)

If a garage was to do it, what would an estimate be? Also, where can I buy a bulb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've had a series of 307's, and headlight replacement is a total PITA. I've no doubt it's possible by yourself but I had to give up in the end and give it to the garage to do.

It was the garage where I'd bought the cars, and they never charged me more than a tenner (ie the cost of the bulb basically).

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've had a series of 307's, and headlight replacement is a total PITA. I've no doubt it's possible by yourself but I had to give up in the end and give it to the garage to do.

It was the garage where I'd bought the cars, and they never charged me more than a tenner (ie the cost of the bulb basically).

Yeah I have read on here that it can be a pain alright, and less stress for me if they just do it, I wouldn't mind paying a couple of quid for them to do it at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Go to a halfords shop and buy a bulb for a few euros.
    They will fit the bulb for you while you wait.
    Great service in KK anyway.

Did this a few months ago, and two days later heard a girl in work giving out that she had paid €25 to get a bulb changed the day before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Now is a good time to learn :) Here's a dummies guide to changing a bulb ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some head bulbs can be a pain alright but often it's easier than you think.
    Also the sense of being able to DIY stuff on your car is great (and you did post this thread in DIY forum...)

Keep spare bulbs in the boot in case you need to change a bulb yourself on some back road in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

About a tenner fitted for a H7 headlight bulb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement