Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It's not a 'point', it's simply another way to try and shift the attention.

The real point is: If Hearts would have been punished for it, then so should Celtic (Or at least the fans who participated in the fighting).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    It's not a 'point', it's simply another way to try and shift the attention.

The real point is: If Hearts would have been punished for it, then so should Celtic (Or at least the fans who participated in the fighting).

If Hearts had their security measures done right, nothing at all would have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Afterwards trouble flared in the Celtic section of the stadium with fans appearing to fight with police and stewards.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386164/Celtic-boss-Neil-Lennon-attacked-Hearts-fan-Tynecastle.html#ixzz1QfUGEXMw

lol yeah that equates to a full on riot :rolleyes: Its amazing how you take the word of the dailymail and the scotsman on this but when they write anything negative on Rangers its sensationalist and inaccurate journalism :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What else would you describe the attacking of police officers and stewards then ?
    'A friendly exchange of pleasantries' ?

A link ?
    http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Neil-Lennon-attacked-by-fan.6766744.jp
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386164/Celtic-boss-Neil-Lennon-attacked-Hearts-fan-Tynecastle.html?ITO=1490
    http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Tynecastle-disgrace-as-fan-attacks.6766816.jp

And yes, I know that this happened after Lennon got attacked, but it still happened.
    The ridiculous use of Manchester is tiresome by the way, as if that excuses anything else.

I've gone through your three links and this is what they say:

"Trouble ensued in the Celtic section of the stadium with fans appearing to fight with police and stewards." - The Scotsman.

"Afterwards trouble flared in the Celtic section of the stadium with fans appearing to fight with police and stewards." - Daily Mail.

"In the Celtic section of the stadium, fans appeared to fight with police and stewards." - The Scotsman.

"Appearing to fight" is basically the sum of it. Note the qualifying word "Appearing". That does not constitute an "all out riot" in anyone's book bar yours.

As has been said before to you, you're not on followfollow anymore, you'll have to debate and actually substantiate claims you make on here.

I don't know anyone who says Hearts shouldn't be punished for this, it's ludicrous to say they shouldn't.

I see Bellamy is being linked with us again this morning in the English Sun.

• Advertisement

Also being linked to a fella from Kaiser Chiefs, Knowledge Mesuna I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Also being linked to a fella from Kaiser Chiefs, Knowledge Mesuna I think.

Is he the bass player?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

As has been said before to you, you're not on followfollow anymore, you'll have to debate and actually substantiate claims you make on here.

That's a two way road though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Israeli striker Omer Damari reportedly set to sign:

http://www.teamtalk.com/celtic/7011407/Damari-set-for-Celtic-switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

With Wanyama signing it looks like there's gonna be fierce competition for central midfield. Ledley, Ki, Kayal and Wanyama battling it out for 2 spots, not to mention Brown being able to play in there and Juarez still at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Israeli striker Omer Damari reportedly set to sign:

http://www.teamtalk.com/celtic/7011407/Damari-set-for-Celtic-switch
    There have been very good reports on this player and if he turns out near as good as his fellow countryman Kayal Celtic fans will be quite happy.

I see the deal is around £2 million which relates to a question if Celtic are happy with the deal to bring Damari to the club it makes me wonder with Bothroyd available on a free transfer his wage demands must have been outrageous for Celtic to drop their interest?

Anyway good to see new signings landing at the club with the season just over 3 weeks away and hopefully we'll get a chance to see Wanyama and Danmari in Dublin in the Super Cup.

With Damari supposedly coming will it mean a striker moving on? Hopefully Samaras will be sold on!

Yeah if Omer Damari turns out to be decent I think Sammy should be moved on.

Celtic also looking at young Aussie midfielder. Some hairdo.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7011261,00.html

That's a two way road though.

But I'm not the one making ridiculous assumptions based on prejudice. You read in the papers that Celtic fans "appeared" to fight with police and stewards and you called in an "all out riot".

Now, you've been challenged on your assumption of an "all out riot" and you've failed to prove their was one making a fool of yourself in doing so. If there was an "all out riot" then there'd be Police injured/in hospital, stewards injured/in hospital, fans injured/in hospital, there'd be riot police at the match and pitched battles between them and Celtic Hearts/fans after the game etc... there's also be scored of arrests and people ending up in court. How many arrests were there again? Oh yes, one, a Hearts fan for coming in Celtic's technical area to attack our manager.

Celtic fans showed incredible restrained that night, that there was very minor skirmishes is regrettable yet wholly understandable and a testament to Celtic fans. Now do I really need to post some videos of what happened in Manchester to show you what a real "all out riot" is all about?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Games being played over the Damari transfer:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2011/07/01/furious-celtic-set-to-pull-out-of-deal-for-striker-omer-damari-after-israeli-club-claim-2m-transfer-is-in-the-bag-86908-23239565/

If he's a decent prospect, I hope we can get him, regardless of the silly games. Need to add a decent striker to partner Hooper as I'm not convinced that Stokes is reliable. Murphy is not good enough imo, and while I like having Samaras around the place, I reckon he's backup only.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Games being played over the Damari transfer:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2011/07/01/furious-celtic-set-to-pull-out-of-deal-for-striker-omer-damari-after-israeli-club-claim-2m-transfer-is-in-the-bag-86908-23239565/

If he's a decent prospect, I hope we can get him, regardless of the silly games. Need to add a decent striker to partner Hooper as I'm not convinced that Stokes is reliable. Murphy is not good enough imo, and while I like having Samaras around the place, I reckon he's backup only.

Stokes is good enough, he's proved that, and he's a far better option than Samaras, no doubt the ability is there but I seriously doubt whether the correct attitude is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Stokes is good enough, he's proved that, and he's a far better option than Samaras, no doubt the ability is there but I seriously doubt whether the correct attitude is.

Agreed, I wasn't questioning his ability, I just wonder about his commitment, especially with the "issue" Lennon had with him at the end. I thought he'd grown up a bit but I'm not so sure he has, and we can do without that stuff tbh.

The news this morning is that the Damari deal is off,link; www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3673147/Celts-say-no-to-2m-Omer-swoop.html

Looks like Celtic have set their sights on Jay Bothroyd once again.

Lennon hopeful that Bellamy will rejoin Celtic despite wages obstacle

RONNIE CULLY ronnie.cully@heraldandtimes.co.uk

2 Jul 2011

CELTIC have ended their interest in Omer Damari, the Maccabi Petah Tikva striker.

Peter Lawwell, the chief executive, met representatives from Damari’s Israeli club in London on Wednesday but did not agree with their £2m valuation of the player, who has two caps for his country.

Neil Lennon, the manager, will now turn his attention to other targets to bolster his attacking options.

Yesterday, he reignited hope among Celtic supporters that Craig Bellamy could find his way back to Parkhead.

Speaking in Sydney last night, Lennon admitted they were never in the hunt for Shay Given, with Aston Villa set to win the race to sign the goalkeeper.

But, tellingly, Lennon refused to completely rule out finding a way to bring his close friend Bellamy north for a second spell.

He does accept, however, that there are serious financial obstacles in the way – not least the fact that the Welshman is currently earning £90,000 per week at Manchester City.

Bellamy has one year left of that contract, but City want him off their books.

The 31-year-old striker is desperate to get away because he accepts he will not get game time under manager Roberto Mancini.

The Eastlands club are looking for a £4m transfer fee, and are not prepared to repeat the deal they arranged with Cardiff City last season under which the Welsh club paid £21,000 of Bellamy’s wages while City picked up the tab for the remainder.

Cardiff want Bellamy to return to them, and he has indicated he would be happy to do that because it allows him to live with his family nearby.
    But the Welsh club can’t look at paying all of his wages, leaving Bellamy to search for another move.

One option being suggested is that, if Celtic are prepared to stump up the transfer fee, they may be able to persuade Bellamy to accept a much lower wage by allowing him to stay with his family for the first part of the week and travel to Glasgow to train a few days before games.

But, with the likes of Blackburn and Everton also showing interest, for Lennon – who is still waiting to hear if Jay Bothroyd will accept an offer to come to Celtic – it’s a case watching and waiting for now.

He acknowledges their only real hope is that a suitable deal can’t be agreed elsewhere, allowing Celtic to make their pitch near the close of the transfer window.

Central Coast Mariners starlet Mustafa Amini will miss out on his one and only opportunity to shine in front of Neil Lennon on Celtic’s pre-season tour of Australia.

Amini, who Lennon earlier this week confirmed is on Celtic’s transfer radar, has pulled out of this morning’s match at ANZ Stadium in Sydney because of a niggling groin injury.

This morning’s match is the first of a three-match pre-season Australian tour for Celtic.

They will take on Perth Glory on July 9 and finish with a game against Melbourne Victory at the city’s AAMI Park on July 13.

Just back from the friendly with East Coast Mariners, game finished 1-0 to the Mariners. Celtic looked every bit as jet lagged as I expected for the first 45 minutes, in fact I don't remember a single shot from either side in the first half. Came close to an equaliser at the end with a shot from Stokes cleared off the line.

I didn't expect much considering it was the first game back and they are only in Australia a few days. Pretty much all I took from the game was that Wilson looked pretty solid in CB, apart from that no one stood out.

Banner

• Advertisement

Just back from the friendly with East Coast Mariners, game finished 1-0 to the Mariners. Celtic looked every bit as jet lagged as I expected for the first 45 minutes, in fact I don't remember a single shot from either side in the first half. Came close to an equaliser at the end with a shot from Stokes cleared off the line.

I didn't expect much considering it was the first game back and they are only in Australia a few days. Pretty much all I took from the game was that Wilson looked pretty solid in CB, apart from that no one stood out.

Banner

How did the new bhoys Wilson and Matthews look PM?

How did the new bhoys Wilson and Matthews look PM?

I spend most the game watching Wilson as it was a pretty abysmal match tbh, he did seem to handle well whatever he had to deal with but Mariners are no great team so its hard to tell, at least he made a good first impression anyway

The rest of the team looked like it was their first time playing together though, the passing was shocking. They are lucky I am giving them a big allowance for the fact they had to travel half way around the world because I'd have been pissed off otherwise :pac:

I spend most the game watching Wilson as it was a pretty abysmal match tbh, he did seem to handle well whatever he had to deal with but Mariners are no great team so its hard to tell, at least he made a good first impression anyway

The rest of the team looked like it was their first time playing together though, the passing was shocking. They are lucky I am giving them a big allowance for the fact they had to travel half way around the world because I'd have been pissed off otherwise :pac:

Lenny has been tweeting that he's finding the jet lag very difficult at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

FYI Perth Glory v Celtic is live on Setanta Ireland this saturday at 10am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Badabing wrote: »
    FYI Perth Glory v Celtic is live on Setanta Ireland this saturday at 10am.
    I don't have Setanta but no doubt if it's on there then there will be good/decent streams online.

Cant you get Setanta Ireland on the Eircom website if you are a customer? Usually a solid stream but yea, plenty of streams should be available if your not going to the pub to see it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

I see Celtic are playing Swansea at the Liberty Staduim 03/08/11. Swansea are having a laugh at £25 a ticket. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

McGinn gone on season long loan to Brentford......

http://www.football365.com/spl/7025614/Bees-borrow-Celtic-winger

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7028205,00.html
    Kenya international Victor Wanyama has moved closer to completing his move to Celtic after being awarded a work permit via an appeal to the Scottish Football Association.

This was a player that Lennon wanted ahead of Beram Kayal so its obviously good news but another central midfielder? I see that Lennon is now saying that he'll use him as a CB, sounds like a smokescreen tbh. We have excellent options for midfield already so I expect the rumours about Kayal to start up again because the club are in a stronger position now than they were a month ago.

I'm not happy about what seems to be a lack of effort in securing a quality goalkeeper. I've a feeling that we'll be going around hat in hand looking for a loan of someone again.

Another centre back & striker would be nice too

• Advertisement

Celtic could do with a new goalie,situation unclear as regards Foster and Newcastle.

Approaching half time in Perth, Celtic 0-1 to the good courtesy of Hooper getting on the end of a punted ball and finishing well. Celtic have looked good, had a few chances. Best from Perth so far was a Liam Miller chance.

Kayal came off after about half an hour with a nasty knock to the nose, Maloney on for him.

0-2, Mulgrew header off a free kick.

Yer wan interviewing Scott Brown didnt have a clue what he was saying! Just asked another question when he stopped speaking!

EDIT

_53955661_kayal.jpg

Kayal needs to harden up.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yer wan interviewing Scott Brown didnt have a clue what he was saying! Just asked another question when he stopped speaking!

EDIT

_53955661_kayal.jpg

Kayal needs to harden up.

Broken nose according to Lenny, can see it from that fairly easily! Hope he recovers quickly.

Broken nose according to Lenny, can see it from that fairly easily! Hope he recovers quickly.

Aye, I would have been surprised if it wasnt. He'll have 2 black eyes by Monday!

He needs to start drinking more milk or a calcium supplement. He's breaking too many of his own bones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Just back from Oxegen there yesterday and just woke up, any kind of news regarding signings or anything over the weekend? Heard we completed the Wanyama deal anyway, off to a good start with picking the 67 jersey :)

Have friendly game from Saturday recorded so will have a look at that at some stage! How did we play though? I see Kayal's been in the wars from a post above, will he be out for long?

Will have to try and recover in time for the Dublin Super Cup now, and somehow get enough money together for a ticket :P

• Stipe Pletikosa is on trial this week
    • McGinn is on loan for the season at Brentford
    • Graham Carey has been released to St. Mirren on a free transfer
    • Bellamy deal is all but dead in the water
    • Lennon has no interest in selling Juarez believing that he was slow to settle like Ki was
    • Huseklepp deal looks dead after they up the asking price from €1.5m to €4m
    • Kayal will miss Wednesdays game because of his broken nose
    • Josh Thompson is going to be farmed out on loan again if we can find a club to take him.
    • Celtic have make inquires about Craig Gordon despite him being out until October

Need to get a goalkeeper sorted ASAP. Hard to know what Stipe Pletikosa would be like. On one hand he has 82 caps for Croatia so you would think he must have been good. On the other he was third choice at Spurs behind Heurelho 'Calamity' Gomes and Carlo Cudicini. Gordon is a good keeper but always seems to get injured.

Need to get a goalkeeper sorted ASAP. Hard to know what Stipe Pletikosa would be like. On one hand he has 82 caps for Croatia so you would think he must have been good. On the other he was third choice at Spurs behind Heurelho 'Calamity' Gomes and Carlo Cudicini. Gordon is a good keeper but always seems to get injured.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7033218,00.html
    "Harry Redknapp was raving about Pletikosa so we'll have a look at him," confirmed Lennon.

He continued: "The problem with Gordon is he's not fit until October but we can still make an enquiry.

"He's a quality keeper and he's on our list."

"I'd have no qualms about starting the season with Lukasz," he added. "He's ready.

"It was a step up when (Artur) Boruc left and he didn't handle that as well as we would have liked.

"We've spoken to him and explained that was a disappointment to us but he looks a lot more assured and confident now and physically he is a lot better."

I think Craig Gordon is an unnecessary risk for Celtic and I suppose thats why we are giving Pletikosa a trial to see if he's better, same or worse than Zaluska. The only question is, who is doing the assessment since most of the management are down under? We emailing videos of the sessions or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

• Stipe Pletikosa is on trial this week
    • McGinn is on loan for the season at Brentford
    • Graham Carey has been released to St. Mirren on a free transfer
    • Bellamy deal is all but dead in the water
    • Lennon has no interest in selling Juarez believing that he was slow to settle like Ki was
    • Huseklepp deal looks dead after they up the asking price from €1.5m to €4m
    • Kayal will miss Wednesdays game because of his broken nose
    • Josh Thompson is going to be farmed out on loan again if we can find a club to take him.
    • Celtic have make inquires about Craig Gordon despite him being out until October

Thanks a million! Fairly interesting stuff there, I remember Pletikosa from the Spartak qualifier a few seasons back and I thought he was brilliant. Although not getting a game ahead of Gomes and maybe not being commanding enough could be a problem. Is the Forster deal looking like it's dead?

Happy we're looking to keep Juarez, I didn't rate Ki at all when he joined but now I think he's a very good player who can better. And Juarez's pre season last year shows he does have it in him. Would rather we got rid of Josh Thompson for good, think we have too many centre halfs at this stage but not a lot of good ones..Is O'Dea on his way out?

• Advertisement

FT: Melbourne Victory 0-1 Celtic...Scott Brown scoring from a corner.

Cardiff next up on Wednesday and then starts the 2011/12 season.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3694027/Forest-make-Daryl-Murphy-move.html

Apparently someone is interested in Daryl Murphy. Strange (but not strange for the Sun) that this article actually spends more time talking about Scott Brown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Regarding Craig Gordon, I couldn't see him going to Celtic as IIRC when we were about to sign him from Hearts there was some interest from Celtic and his best mate was saying he wouldn't sign for either Old Firm club. Perhaps that's changed now but just passing on what was said at the time. Also, he's on £50,000 a week and was in advanced talks with Arsenal a couple of weeks ago. I think he'll end up there.

I dont know why anyone would sign Craig Gordon during this transfer window considering his fitness issues and he'll be available on a pre contract in January. Maybe Arsenal can take the gamble now but Celtic certainly cant.

Stipe Pletikosa looks a more likely target but him struggling to find a new club for the last 2 years indicates that his best days could be behind him also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

A week on Sunday til Easter Road, can't fkn wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3694027/Forest-make-Daryl-Murphy-move.html

Apparently someone is interested in Daryl Murphy. Strange (but not strange for the Sun) that this article actually spends more time talking about Scott Brown!

The Sun is a rag.

Juarez apparently wants to stay.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/celtic/7037665/Juarez-seeking-Celtic-stay
    He showed potential in the beginning but I don't really see a lot of value in keeping him.

Hoping to see a keeper sign soon because it long to Sunday 24th, which I can't wait for as its the day that we start the job of bringing the title back to paradise :D.

The Sun is a rag.

What newspaper isnt tbh

Whatever about interest, I'd believe that Murphy has been told that he can find a new club.
    Juarez apparently wants to stay.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/celtic/7037665/Juarez-seeking-Celtic-stay
    He showed potential in the beginning but I don't really see a lot of value in keeping him.

Hoping to see a keeper sign soon because it long to Sunday 24th, which I can't wait for as its the day that we start the job of bringing the title back to paradise :D.

Paper filler tbh, Lennon has already stated in public this week that he wants to keep him and he want to speak to him when he gets back from Gold Cup duty.

I read somewhere that its likely to be after the Hibs match that Stipe Pletikosa's trial would become a contract. His application for a work permit being the biggest obstacle if he proves his worth.

For anyone interested Neil Lennon will be appearing on the Saturday night show with Miriam O'Callaghan on RTE 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dartbhoy wrote: »
    For anyone interested Neil Lennon will be appearing on the Saturday night show with Miriam O'Callaghan on RTE 1.

Cool. I guess, I will watch it. Hope, he will be treated in a fair manner :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement