Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website/Computer game design: how to make ideas reality?

Options
  • 25-04-2010 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm working in education and I've an idea (well-developed at this stage) for a website which would incorporate a game and fill a market both at home and abroad.

I've no money and at the moment I've little technical knowledge on how to realise these ideas, but I've a huge amount of content/subject knowledge (I've recently been awarded a PhD in the area).

Given my circumstances, would anybody know how I would go about finding the technical expertise? What sort of government body could I speak to, for instance? The interactive game side of the website would be the selling point and therefore I'd really need somebody who knows that aspect very well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I think you need to elaborate more on what you want. When I think game, I think things for playstation, but that's not hat you're referring to.

Website interactive games are a different story altogether, but it's hard to make money out of that. What's the purpose of this 'game'? Plenty of web design/interactive companies who can help you out with this stuff, PM me and I can send you some links, but honestly, right now you need to think a bit more about doing up a rough business plan to see if it's a viable business.

Advertisement