Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designing an iPhone web app

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:11pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone designed an iPhone website/web-app using the JQTouch or iUI frameworks?

I'm trying to build an iPhone web front-end for our product (web based itself), but I've noticed that the frameworks seem to work far better when there's just one page that shows/hides sections as required.

Our current mobile application has lots of pages, so having a mix of nested sections and new pages seems to really mess up the navigation.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Same here. Tried a while ago but when I went to deep into the pages I kept loosing the js action for the links, etc... Gave it up for now..
    If you find a better solution please let me know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, my navigation and context is acting a bit funny - I'll post here if I can figure out what's happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If you are getting dynamic data, like in my case, you are loosing the "onclick" action because the DOM is not refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Could you use the latest version of flash? apparently it's very good for creating iPhone apps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

steve06 wrote: »
    Could you use the latest version of flash? apparently it's very good for creating iPhone apps.

Adobe have dropped this project I believe. Apparently Apple think it's too proprietary or something.

Either way; unfortunately it's not an option. The mobile website for our application is built using XSL files based on XML received from the webserver, so I don't have much latitude when it comes to the architecture. Also, our screen definitions are highly configurable, so we would need to be very flexible.

My mockup works much better when all the content is on the same page. I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a LOT of AJAX calls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement