Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf MK4 Idling problem when engine is warm

Options
  • 15-09-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi. I bought a 2000 Golf 1.6 a few days ago. The amber engine management light came on, and on my way home, engine stalls when idling. This comes and goes only when engine is warm.I removed and cleaned the throttle body,as i believed this is a common problem on mk4's.However the problem still persist. Any one near me has VAGCOM /vcds to reset throttle body and to scan for cause of why engine management light is on? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

OSI wrote: »
    Where are you?

I'm near Trim, but I'm prepared to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Brother just had the exact same issue on his - farted around with cleaning the throttle body etc and it didn't work. Ended up buying a new throttle body and its working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Cleaning the throttle body is useless unless you a throttle body adaption afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

tossy wrote: »
    Cleaning the throttle body is useless unless you a throttle body adaption afterwards.

Exactly what I've been told. That's why I posted here in the hope that someone might have the software to do this indipendantly.

Advertisement