Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an email equivalent of browsershots.org?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭

I am helping someone create a email template for his newsletter. We want it to look like the website (which is table based with lots of small images for rounded corners).

The email looks fine in Yahoo Mail but not in Gmail.

I know that email clients are worse than browsers for rendering consistency. Is there an equivalent of browsershots.org for email clients?

One backup plan is to copy the method that Chain Reaction Cycles newsletter uses - a single image for the email - ugly but easy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Try http://litmusapp.com/email-testing (well worth paying for)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I would have assumed HTML based emails would be phased out, rather then in. I dont look at HTML based emails usually, Google removes most junk as does Thunderbird and my mobile. Since these are defaults, I would have assumed most people hated HTML based emails and prefered text based..

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Sully wrote: »
    I would have assumed HTML based emails would be phased out, rather then in. I dont look at HTML based emails usually, Google removes most junk as does Thunderbird and my mobile. Since these are defaults, I would have assumed most people hated HTML based emails and prefered text based..

No?
    Text based emails are a pain in the add. Overly desiged HTML emails are a pain in the ass.

Well used HTML emails are pretty good.

Example:
    http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2008/03/a-new-wordpress-plugin-clean-notifications

Advertisement