Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending emails from MS Access 2003

Options
  • 12-04-2007 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Evening All,
    I'm a coding novice as regards MS Access, but I'd like to be able to generate and send emails with attachments from within MS Access.

Has anyone got experience of this. I've viewed the M/soft support website. It mentions libraries that are needed etc, but I don't know where to start.

I'm not sure if it makes much difference but my PC is stand alone, and views the www via a cisco broadband router.

Would you have any code that I could cut and paste I wonder? I'd very much appreciate any help offered.

Regards,
    AndyJ :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

From within access you can use Outlook or CDO depends on where its going to be deployed

Just create an Outlook object, set the sender, recipient, subject and body as well as attachment and send and thats it

Same with CDO really

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IIRC if you use Outlook it will pop up asking if Access is allowed send the mail.
    Go with CDO.

Advertisement