Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer, Wine, Spirits, etc. - New releases thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

matrim wrote: »
    O'Brother have announced that their Double IPA Brutus is getting a limited bottle release.

€7 for this in the off license, they can get ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Brutus was probably the 2nd worst Double IPA I've tried as well. Just after O'Haras

snowblind wrote: »
    Brutus was probably the 2nd worst Double IPA I've tried as well. Just after O'Haras

Really? Almost bought 1l of it for €10 as it's in growler format for Carry Out

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

I'm having a bottle of it now, not too bad in opinion. Quite a lot of toffee/caramel flavour at first, which was surprising, but it finishes well enough with a decent floral/hops kick. Can't complain about the price €7 for a 9.1% 500ml

It would be a good dessert beer

Red Wolf wrote: »
    I'm having a bottle of it now, not too bad in opinion. Quite a lot of toffee/caramel flavour at first, which was surprising, but it finishes well enough with a decent floral/hops kick. Can't complain about the price €7 for a 9.1% 500ml

It would be a good dessert beer

Of course you can. Millennium is 10% and €3.69 for a 330ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

RasTa wrote: »
    Of course you can. Millennium is 10% and €3.69 for a 330ml

+1 for the millennium.
    Nice stout taste but not tasting like a stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

RadikAle's Radical Brew (Rye IPA brewed with gin botanicals) hits the shelves in bottles in Dublin today.

Got it in Cork yesterday!
    A really interesting yet subtle, balanced experimental beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

RadikAle's Radical Brew (Rye IPA brewed with gin botanicals) hits the shelves in bottles in Dublin today.

Got it in Cork yesterday!
    A really interesting yet subtle, balanced experimental beer.

Had it as the RDS and enjoyed it. Not sure if I'd have more than one on a night but will definitely try to pick up a bottle.

Looking forward to trying this

CVQAz4MUYAA2_Vo.jpg

Oh wow.
    Can't wait to try that. They did well with the VicSecret black IPA so safe bet this will be a nice red IPA and just a generic red ale.
    Their recent, 'Big River'' Tasmanian IPA was also amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I still hope and pray 8 degrees will eventually release beers in 500ml bottles or bigger. Their beers are too nice for those puny 330ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Anyone tried the galway bay xmas specials?

Long anticipated Christmas release from Galway Bay Brewery. Contains:

1btl Space Suit 375ml, 5.5% ABV

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
    American Amber Sour, initial fermentation with Lactobacillus then full fermentation with Brettanomyces in Chardonnay barrels, afterwards blended back into stainless and dry hopped with Galaxy Hops.

1btl Diving Bell 375ml, 9% ABV

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
    Diving Bell is a Salted Caramel Wee Heavy brewed with an extended 2-hour boil with dark brown sugar, a massive malt bill, a touch of salt in the boil and aging on Oak Shavings.

Not yet, but I have just had White Hags Christmas Ale, which I can happily recommend for cinnamon lovers, othwerwise leave well enough alone, and O'Haras spiced ale which is barely worth mentioning. So I'm keen to keep at them until I find something nice.

Spotted two Brewdog seasonals in O'Briens today but neither were part of their promotion so I'll get them at the weekend and report back with my findings.
    Still no sign of the eight degrees seasonals yet too unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

limnam wrote: »
    Anyone tried the galway bay xmas specials?

Long anticipated Christmas release from Galway Bay Brewery. Contains:

1btl Space Suit 375ml, 5.5% ABV

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
    American Amber Sour, initial fermentation with Lactobacillus then full fermentation with Brettanomyces in Chardonnay barrels, afterwards blended back into stainless and dry hopped with Galaxy Hops.

Tried it on Saturday night, I liked it but there was a bit of yeastt bite to it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yeah, Space Suit is another dirty one, like The Eternalist. I loved Diving Bell though. I was expecting a sticky cough medicine but it's really clean and has a beautiful salty tang. Very more-ish.

I'll probably have to buy a Diving Bell for the holidays

1417543_1222768894406753_8559423700479035074_o.jpg

I've never had a decent BA stout or barley wine that clocks under 10% so this is one to ignore i think

Finally got a hold of the three eight degrees seasonals.

The snow eater was delicious. Couldn't taste the tangerine/citrus but it was smooth with a lingering hoppy taste. Will be making the most of this one.

The signal stout was very nice too, very robust with the coffee dominating the caramel tones. Will buy again, even though I'm not a huge stout drinker.

The mór barleywine however, wasn't for me. Spicy and fruity, was reminiscent of mulled wine and with the high alcohol volume, like something your grandmother would have a snifter of on a cold day.
    Happy I tried it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

New from Brehon Brewhouse .... loving the video ... :D

Me too, though I expect we'll be suitably trollied on the price.

• Advertisement

yeah if it's more expensive than guinness i'm gonna make a lot of posts about it being more expensive than guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

7.25 for a 33cl in the Salthouse for the 11.5 % Changing of the Guard.

jh79 wrote: »
    7.25 for a 33cl in the Salthouse for the 11.5 % Changing of the Guard.

Possibly 7.75 never checked my change and could of swore next customer was asked for 7.75

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Yikes, any good?

Eep! We'll be over the 8 here, I'd say. Ah well, don't really need lunch anyway.

Wonder if it will go into bottles. They should do beers that high ABV wise in 330ml's

jsa112 wrote: »
    Yikes, any good?

Aren't tripe IPA 's the same as Barley Wines??

There is some malt there and i enjoyed it , i don't know how much Mor or Louder would cost on draught to say if the malt is an addition worth paying extra for

jh79 wrote: »
    Aren't tripe IPA 's the same as Barley Wines??
    Mmm... tripe... And no, not that there's a beer style rulebook that all breweries adhere to, but I'd expect more new-world hop flavour from a triple IPA compared to a barley wine. Red triple IPA is a new one on me, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

New Rye River beer Cold Room 7, a lager.

https://www.facebook.com/mcgargles/videos/1712095795669599/

• Advertisement

These are now available from the usual places

CfY44YDXEAUWhD8.jpg:large

Advertisement