Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trainwreck

2»

Comments

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Ben Stiller?!

I know hes not the usual type of Hollywood good looking to most but for some reason Ive liked him since I was about 1 :o:)

At the time of writing, I couldn't think of anyone else that wasn't conventionally good looking, but kept getting partnered with beautiful women. In hindsight, Vince Vaughn makes more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

It feels like the movie's biggest sell was that it featured a lot of famous people. I'll be honest - only one I knew was Matthew Broderick. The sports stars were totally unknown to me and any jokes about them fell flat. But it made me laugh, almost nobody came out looking well. Yes, it confused me how she was able to sleep with so many guys, but then I remembered that a similar thing could be said about the likes of Ben Stiller.

If Amy was not famous and lived in almost any city in the world, she would have guys all over her in clubs anytime she was in one. A girl who looked even somewhat less attractive would. I don't know what world you lads are living in where Amy Schumer would struggle to get male attention, but it sure ain't the same one I'm living in. I wouldn't mind if the men she was shown as having shagged / shagging were all stunning models, but they were far from it. Faaar from it.

Seen it again this weekend and again it was pretty much a full house.

One thing..
    Did anyone else feel they were suggesting that the father had killed himself?
    The nurse said he was "hoarding his medication" and that "his heart gave out'
    But were they suggesting that he hoarded the medication so he could take it all at once and that's why his heart have out?
    Or just that his heart gave out because he was hoarding the meds instead of taking them?

Amy with her Dad who has MS.

1507_schumer1.png?width=400&height=287&ext=.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

This film is rubbish. The funniest person in it (intentionally) is El Bron ? The famous American Basketball? player who plays himself and has good comic timing. Better than Amy Schumer's but then again a woman telling jokes is like a dog walking on its hind legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

kidneyfan wrote: »
    then again a woman telling jokes is like a dog walking on its hind legs.
    Good to know you didn't go in with a dinosaur's perception of comedy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alpha_a

If Amy was not famous and lived in almost any city in the world, she would have guys all over her in clubs anytime she was in one.

No way - not a chance. Just, NO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Yes way - every chance. Just, YES.

Women that look a hell of lot less attractive than her do, so don't see why she wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

It was good but it doesn't deserve the comparisons to Bridesmaids. It's not at the same level.

I had a complete mind**** when i twigged that it was Tilda Swinton as the boss though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Shergar6 wrote: »

I had a complete mind**** when i twigged that it was Tilda Swinton as the boss though!

I was sure it was Faye Ripley (she of Cold Feet), couldn't believe when the credits rolled and it was Tilda Swinton. Gives a little extra (probably unintentinal) dimension to her scenes with the intern as they were mother and son in We Need To Talk About Kevin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

I thought the scene in the cinema was very funny. Overall an enjoyable, sit on the couch on a Friday night, type movie, doesn't take too much of an investment of effort to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I watched the first hour of this a while back. The amount of cli-ché's in it bothered me, so I had to turn it off. I've watched Amy's tv show since the beginning, and that is very much anti-cli-ché, so the film made me feel like she'd sold out.

Last week, I decided to try and watch the rest of it. Again, I watched another hour of it, and again, the cli-ché's pissed me off.

The first reason I'm so annoyed by how cli-ché the film is is because her tv show is the opposite, and that's what I was expecting from the film. The second reason it has annoyed me is because all the reviews of the film keep applauding it for not being a cli-ché! And all I keep wondering is what bloody film were they watching??? It's cli-ché after cli-ché after cli-ché!

And yes I know I've said cli-ché about a thousand times in this post, and that's exactly what I felt like watching the film. A thousand disappointing cli-ché's.

I'm unsure if I will get around to eventually finishing the movie. The disappointment is bothersome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,889 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

heard this movie was a bit of a 'Train wreck' :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

To those who think Schumer is hot.

You saw the Emmys right?

Amy-Schumer-Prepping-Emmys-2015-Video.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

IvaBigWun - you forgot to attach a picture of yourself to your last post, taken mid facial expression, so we can calculate your worth as a person and your ability to do whatever job it is you do, besides have an enormous penis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly the only ugly things here are some of the posts in this thread. Talk about the film, please, not these childish, nasty comments about Schumer's appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

IvaBigWun wrote: »

You saw the Emmys right?

Amy-Schumer-Prepping-Emmys-2015-Video.png
    I would be all up in her **** given half a chance.

• Advertisement

Looks don't matter if you're funny. Lisa Lampanelli is no oil painting and look at Sarah Silverman and Aisling Bea ; no one comments on their looks because whatever 'funny enough' is they are funny enough.

You know who is funny 'Lebron' James.

The advice scene is amazing and the 'talk' with Amy.

Well not amazing but funny as if they were out takes from a different better movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

IvaBigWun wrote: »

You saw the Emmys right?

Fk sake, who cares? What does it matter to you if someone finds her attractive anyway?

What musician thinks she's beautiful?

Stevie Wonder.

Why?

She's white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What the hell was the message this moving was sending? That a woman shouldn't be having lots of sex, drinking, and smoking pot, but instead should be looking for the "perfect guy" (guess what: he's a doctor, original...), to settle down with and make babies or something.

2 hours of a modern woman, living her life as a so-called "trainwreck", then tries to rape a 16-year old, punches him in the face instead, gets fired for doing so, and then has a change of heart, "grows as a person", etc., to become Mrs. Doctor. It even shows you her getting rid of all her alcohol and dancing around like a cheerleader, as most people do when they stop being drunks and turn their life around.

Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

What the hell was the message this moving was sending? That a woman shouldn't be having lots of sex, drinking, and smoking pot, but instead should be looking for the "perfect guy" (guess what: he's a doctor, original...), to settle down with and make babies or something.

2 hours of a modern woman, living her life as a so-called "trainwreck", then tries to rape a 16-year old, punches him in the face instead, gets fired for doing so, and then has a change of heart, "grows as a person", etc., to become Mrs. Doctor. It even shows you her getting rid of all her alcohol and dancing around like a cheerleader, as most people do when they stop being drunks and turn their life around.

Fantastic stuff.
    Spoiler Alert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Did we watch the same movie? She wasn't looking for the doctor, or any long-term relationship at all. I thought it did a good job of not prescribing how she "should" live.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

bnt wrote: »
    Did we watch the same movie? She wasn't looking for the doctor, or any long-term relationship at all. I thought it did a good job of not prescribing how she "should" live.
    "Did we watch the same movie?" Has anybody ever responded to someone's critique of a film with that line before? Very original!

I didn't say she was looking for the doctor or "any long-term relationship", I know she wasn't. I'm saying the fact the film showed her lifestyle changing and finding the "perfect guy", that the message was that should've been how she was living. Otherwise, what was wrong with the life she had? Modern woman and all that.

The fact that he was doctor I found cliché.

She is in the new Pirelli Calendar. She has a nice body in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

2 hours of a modern woman, living her life as a so-called "trainwreck", then tries to rape a 16-year old, punches him in the face instead
    Did you watch a weird version of that scene where the order of shots was shuffled or something? :confused:

Advertisement