Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys for a golf mk5 sportline

Options
  • 14-08-2014 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Im getting a mk5 golf sport-line and its got the standard alloys and i cant decide what alloys to get. I was thinking about getting golf gti bbs monzas im not sure and I don't want to spend the guts of 700 euro and find im not loving them.

any ideas please post pics of the alloys on a golf because I would like to see what they look like on the car.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On VAG cars anything aftermarket looks wrong imo, OEM always sit better on VAG cars. Also imo GTi, R32 or RS4, etc reps on a regular Golf look daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

haha ok lads any ideas I have stand oem sportline alloys at the moment and they seems to boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

IMG_0317.jpg
    BBS VZ look great on the MK5.

So does the BBS CK -
    attachment.php?attachmentid=250&stc=1&d=1137989212

Both wheels are not a huge amount more expensive than Chinatown copies. The materials used are vastly superior and the finish is much more durable.

Also If you keep them in good condition they'll be very easy to sell if something else catches your eye in the future.

VeVeX wrote: »
    IMG_0317.jpg
    BBS VZ look great on the MK5.

So does the BBS CK -
    attachment.php?attachmentid=250&stc=1&d=1137989212

Both wheels are not a huge amount more expensive than Chinatown copies. The materials used are vastly superior and the finish is much more durable.

Also If you keep them in good condition they'll be very easy to sell if something else catches your eye in the future.

Oh ya they are nice wheels they too far out my budget at the moment anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

BBS VZ's are surprisingly good value. Well worth giving discount tyres a about about them. Reckon they'd come in on budget.

• Advertisement

BBS VZ's are surprisingly good value. Well worth giving discount tyres a about about them. Reckon they'd come in on budget.

There not too my liken :/ but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

I'd like to know what you finally put on the golf, i went for the 17" VW Macau's from the 08 highline passat, at least they were different..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Tbh, I think the standard 16's on the sportline are on point. Look the nicest, cheaper rubber, and better handling than a bigger rim.

Advertisement