Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushcraft Club thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deegs2

I have my tracking skills down to a fine art....saw badger nose diggings in my local forest yesterday, followed them an confirmed they were from a badger on seeing the front paw marks in the clay....next time ill track down the set..421895_496518767077492_969467445_n.jpg379199_495535217175847_1122590415_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Just wanted to post that there is another bushcraft club after starting in the Carlow area. The club was founded with the same philosophy as our club and they are currently looking for new members

http://lbushcraftclub.wix.com/lbushcraftclub

Every year our club conducts a challenge. The challenge is individual to each member and involves a weekend with reduced equipment. For some, this is simply doing the weekend with just a small day bag and for others it is doing a weekend with only 2 or 3 items. This challenge has to be done sensibly and with a degree of measure. Everyone has to have a certain amount of equipment. Sleeping system, water system, food and quick access to fire lighting (lighter etc), first aid kit. These items are a fall back in case of problems while we were out. If there was a problem with fatigue, dehydration or lack of energy, we had gear to fall back on at a moments notice. Practising in this way without backup equipment would be fairly foolish and irresponsible even for experienced bushcrafters.

2013-04-27132245.jpg

The weekend was done in mountainous terrain in Munster. The format was 4 people involved, with 4 items between us and no food. Some people even went most of their working day on Friday without food to try simulate even further what it would be like to be hunger doing the exercise. We had to share the equipment as it was needed. We took a metal mug, a knife, folding saw and a firesteel. As work was being done the equipment was shared around. We tried to keep people doing different tasks to prevent fatigue yet keep the work moving.

480644_10151867391778508_44860293_n-1.jpg

2013-04-26230353.jpg

Our first night on the Friday was a test of endurance. Imagine being out walking and becoming disorientated as night fell. With no sleeping bag, tent or tarp you are in danger of becoming hypothermic as the cold of the night slowly sapped your energy reserves. So what would you do? Well this depends on the individual circumstances really. Our test involved heading to the nearest woodland and making an improvised camp as quickly as we could. Our first focus was fire, we did use our head torches to make fire on the first night but once we got our first flame, the head torches were then put away for the rest of the weekend as they weren't part of the kit. We had hoped not to use them but unfortunately some people got stuck in work on the Friday and we arrived in location later than expected. When the fire was lit we had to then improvise a shelter by fire light and gather firewood using only the ambient light. Since the night was clear and we had rain gear we focused on gathering fire wood and making a wind break rather than draining our energy making a large shelter which would be difficult with no light.

578794_2970063188027_845602591_n.jpg

We took the night in shifts, each person doing 2 hours tending the fire while the other tried to sleep. To prevent myself from going to sleep on my shift, I would try do small tasks that didn't involve huge energy but would improve my situation later. Such things as gathering small bits of tinder in case the fire died out. Improving the wind break and gathering insulation for protecting myself from the ground. With gusty mountain winds and no cloud cover, it was a cold night but thankfully wasn't brutalising. Id say it was maybe 2 or 3 degrees at 3am with winds of 25km per hour at that altitude.

943146_2970064108050_961497376_n.jpg

At first light we got up and started our next task which was making a proper shelter that would make it more liveable for our 2nd night. This took most of the day as we need a lot of material for 4 people in such a windy and cold environment. While constructing the shelter we worked well together. Ensuring people weren't doing anything too long by themselves and draining energy doing the same task. As you can imagine it was quite energy consuming. One of the lads started to get headaches and slight stomach cramps. Since he hadn't eaten anything odd it was obvious signs of dehydration. So he went and tended the fire for a bit and concentrated on boiling water for everyone. He demonstrated good judgement as he didn't do the typical alpha male instinct of powering through the pain and ignoring the signs. He informed people he wasn't feeling great, adapted what he was doing and very soon was back working. Re-hydrated and happy. Good stuff.

317525_10151867392098508_400570609_n.jpg

As the day wore on, you could see people change. The quick access energy from previous meals was burning off and the body began to switch to reserves after only a day. The feeling of hunger was only beginning to kick in really. This was quite a short period without food when you think of it but physical graft coupled with poor sleep doesn't help matters. Also throw in the cold wind and difficult terrain for good measure. The jokes about snickers and chocolate began to ramp up. When you think about it, in Western culture we have very quick access to food. Some would argue too much access. So the feeling of hunger can be quite alien. After 24 hours the body could use up most of its residual Glycogen supply with heavy physical exertion. The bodies biochemistry then switches to the next easily accessible energy source, fatty acids. This change in body chemistry takes time and you can see the change peoples behaviour. Fatigue being the main sign. Once the switch happens, you actually begin to feel ok, especially if you are hydrating correctly. You wont be running up and down the place but you begin to feel better and less lethargic. With small rest periods and plenty of water you feel ok even without food.

21288_2970067908145_1709518943_n.jpg

Cutting firewood, gathering shelter material and trips to the stream were all taking their toll. As we rolled into the 30 hour mark with no food and little sleep you could see the effects quite clearly. Rest were more frequent, people weren't talking as much but spirits were still good amongst everyone. The night blanketed us and the fire was lit. Again sleeping was done in shifts. Some people slept better than others but everyone was doing ok. The shelter needed some improvements but it did what was needed for the night

922918_10151867392223508_647133183_n.jpg

225648_2970067028123_1528644538_n.jpg

The next morning the work wasn't finished. We had used resources and so we had to respect the 'Leave no trace' policy of the club & Mountaineering Ireland. After such hard work I was a little sad to take down the shelter. We scattered the materials, removed the evidence of fire and headed back to our backup camp where 2 other of our members were camped. After 48 hours without food, little sleep and plenty of hard work we looked a sight. Anyone driving was given food and allowed additional sleep as the rest of us disassembled camp.

2013-04-28100341.jpg
    Our fire pit after clean up... and some attention seeking clown also :-)

This type of challenge is really brilliant in my opinion. Its rare that people get an insight into themselves when the chips are down. No one really starves in 48 hours but they can certainly begin to touch on what it is like to be hunger. You learn so much about your physical and mental capabilities by challenging yourself in this fashion. It demonstrates that making quick judgements is not always what's needed. Stop and consider what you are doing. See what's around that could help and think of the long term. Stop, think, Observe , Plan. It might also make you think differently about how you live when you go home. When you turn on a light, open a tap, switch on the heat and open the fridge. Perhaps we would appreciate what we have if everything is taken from us.

Thankfully we will be back to good food and well rested company next month as we share the stories of our little adventure.

Ireland is a great place when the sun is shining and I hope everyone was outside for the entire weekend because Monday saw a complete shift in weather. We had a very constructive weekend in the woods. It was nice to be out in t-shirts working but the insects were biting. Its a small price to pay for good weather and long evenings.

We set a task this weekend of building an improvised boat from a tarp, some paracord and local natural materials. We had some experience with this type of project before, so we wanted to build a fairly usable one that would perform well and last a while. We also had a few side activities on the go, like plant identification, making tools, such as a buck saw, bread board and wooden needles. It was a fairly busy weekend.

Hazel is an amazing wood. Its flexibility has been used for centuries for such a wide variety of things. Here we used it for the entire boat

DSC_0124.jpg

Sizing things up by eye and working with your hands without measuring tape or many tools is fantastic. You have to work with the materials and not just hack and slash them into place. If it not gonna bend one way, you have to adjust to what the wood is doing.

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

One thing with a project like this that you really begin to appreciate is the under rated skill of producing natural cordage. If we weren't using paracord. It would have been some job to get this done without it. Also it makes you think about how it would have been done centuries ago, with animal hide. The boat would probably be much small to allow one hide to do the work with having to join any together.

DSC_0129.jpg

Making a chopping board.

DSC_0130.jpg

We lashed the tarp on as tight as we could using a wooden needle and waxed twine. The tighter you get it one the better as it improves handling and increases water displacement/buoyancy. It does make it more prone to ripping. So care is needed.

DSC_0131.jpg

The finished product will be tested next month as we ran out of time on the Sunday before we could walk her down to the lake. Its gonna be interesting but Im confident in its performance as we took our time, took care not to rip anything and made decent lashings.

Of course, its nice to be back to decent eating too after last month :-)

DSC_0133.jpg

When you think of a means of travel in Ireland. Its rare that people mention canoeing. However there are plenty of places to do it. None better than the Barrow river.

We decided to continue our route down the barrow which we started last year. This time from Goresbridge in Carlow, down to St Mullins. The last lock before the sea.

Photo13-07-2013071720.jpg

On friday night we camped at Goresbridge and picked up our boats from Charlie of gowiththeflow.ie. The weather was amazing. I've never seen this country with so much sun and so little wind. It was incredible. So packing for this trip would have to include lots of sun cream and extra water. I often bring an extra tarp in this weather. I make a sun blocker for the tent, which really helps prevent it getting unbareably warm in the mornings.

Our plan was to paddle down to Clashganny on the Saturday. After a brief demo on loading the boats, fitting buoyancy aids and basic paddle technique, we were off.

Photo13-07-2013102529.jpg

To some, flat water paddling can be boring. However its like hill walking in a way. Some people walk through the hills, not even looking up or taking note of whats around them. Its exercise and no more. Its the same on flat water. In the quiet of your boat, you get to watch river trout rise and snap up dragon flys. Watch Heron majestically pluck fish from the river bank. You'll see mallard ducks sit on warm rocks in the shade. The peace and traquility helps melt away any stress of a working week. Some people crave a pint in the pub but this is what I crave.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n424/Crapbag666/Photo13-07-2013153755.jpg

20130714_141034.jpg
    We did some rescue work on some flat water. Covering the basics of boat emptying, defensive swimming and self rescue. These skills are important for river safety and help build confidence in people. We often think of bushcraft/survival as what would I do if I was stranded with no gear somewhere. Well the point of these preventative skills like these, is to never find yourself in that situation. Preparation, preparation, preparation....

20130713_132945.jpg

20130713_132711.jpg

P1010442-1.jpg

We would paddle for a few hours and stop at a lock for lunch. Portaging in this weather is tough work. So its important to stay hydrated and keep the sun cream on you.

Photo13-07-2013124255.jpg

We set up camp beside a lovely stretch of river near clashganny. No fire needed as the cooling river breeze kept the insects away for the most part. We chatted and laughed long into the evening. The temperature in the water was beautiful and most of us availed of a swim to cool down

P1010435-1.jpg

We saw quite a few people swimming in the water at different points, which is great. However its important to respect that rivers have a flow and you could find yourself in trouble quite quickly if you aren't a relatively strong swimmer. Its weather like this that most drowning happen.

P1010455.jpg

P1010438.jpg

Ireland is such an underrated country when it comes to outdoor pursuits. Sometimes you need to go looking to find something interesting to do. Other times you just need to look out your window and see the hills, rivers, forests and seashore. Its always good to be outside :-)

Photo13-07-2013183916-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in a Galtee mountain camp 7th August - 9th ish

https://www.facebook.com/events/196012530565153/197371130429293/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Its been a few weeks since I camped in the woods and its always such a relief to be back. I always feel better rested after a weekend in the woods. I've been away for a weeks holidays before and not felt as rested as I do from a weekend sleeping outdoors.

We often talk about what we practice when out in the woods but rarely how we get there. This weekend I decided to take the bike to our location and see how it faired out since the weather was due to be good. Luckily I own a bike with a bit of storage and was able to pack what I needed into side panniers and a top box. I've been biking for years but never had my bushcraft gear on the bike. Most of it fit in the bike storage. I wanted to test out how much I could bring, without trimming down the kit for the sake of packing. Surprisingly I got almost everything in and only had to carry a small bag to fit the rest. With a small bit of re-arranging and trimming down on gear, I could drive down with all my gear packed away. Funnily enough, there are quite a few members of our club with bikes, so seeing someone walk through the woods in full bike leathers isn't uncommon :-)

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

We often overlook the fact that on our way to our weekend adventures, things can also go wrong. Such as vehicle breakdown. So its important to have some back up for that possibility. This happened to more than a few people this winter (including myself). So keeping some rescue gear in your car can really help. Here I have a small tool wallet and a rain suit for the bike

Our bushcraft weekend consisted of tracking, practicing fire by friction & cordage. It also gave us a chance to test out of the new toys someone brought :-)

Thats not a saw... This is a saw!

DSC_0209.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Had read through the thread, very Interesting.

Would love to see some pics of the homemade boat (post 335) in action.

Well we had a great opportunity for the club to meet some bushcrafters in Wales. Sincere thanks to John, Stewart & Dave for the hospitality for the weekend. Plenty stories, a good bit of foraging and equipment talk to beat the band. It was great to meet with some like minded people

IMG_0366.jpg

Nice parachute!

IMG_0392.jpg

Bit of forgaging and photography

IMG_0394.jpg

Name that very useful tree

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Some of the spoils

Sincere thanks to the lads of SWB and the club members who represented us abroad

The club was invited to lead a free guided foraging walk for the Native Woodland Trust. The NWT are a charity whose aim is to improve the native woodland of ireland and increase the amount of native irish forests.

They are well worth checking out and after talking to them, they certainly are a passionate yet pragmatic charity

The walk went really well. The group were very enthused about the subject and indeed had a lot of knowledge already.

998947_10152210188338508_413085546_n.jpg

The hedgerow. Like a shopping aisle for those willing to look hard enough

1237085_10152210187353508_416313070_n.jpg

Small chat about ID books at the end

Thanks to those who attended and hopefully we can get out with the NWT again soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Crapbag wrote: »

Bit of forgaging and photography

IMG_0394.jpg

Name that very useful tree
    Elder.

Not your ornery onager

Another fantastic weekend in the woods. One of the most rewarding things to do in the woods is to build a shelter and sleep in it. This one is a 2 person shelter. Here are some tips for people who ever think of building one. I've built a good few but get a kick out of it every time.

Decide on the type of shelter you want i.e one with fire or one without. Choose a location where the resources for the shelter are nearby. Ensure the ridge poles can support the weight of quite a bit of debris. Face the entrance away from prevailing winds. Think of areas of heat loss both in the shelter and in the body. Insulate yourself well from the ground. If you are using a shelter without a sleeping bag, keep the insultation as tight to you as possible. If you are making a shelter that uses fire, think of escape routes should the fire get out of control. Always have a source of extinguishment nearby

... lastly. When you think you have enough debris, you probably dont :-)

Shelter2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

magic you guys must have had some fun this summer.

It was an amazing summer and a very constructive year all around for us. We are out in all seasons though, we like to practice in all conditions.

Sometimes its hard to define bushcraft. Often people talk about somethings which may be considered "Not bushcraft". Lets say for instance the use of tents when most people who practice bushcraft use a tarp or sleep in natural shelter. However just because someone sleeps in a tent doesn't mean they aren't studying bushcraft. It's something we have discussed in the club when it came to arguments for and against standardisation and certification of the activity. Thats why many of us prefer to have bushcraft undefined as an activity. Its simply a study of our natural environment and covers so many topics that it probably it should be left that way.

This point brings me to our last outting. Which was a forging/blacksmithing weekend. Although you could consider it outside the scope of bushcraft. Forging is a study of materials also. These materials produce the tools which we use in the activity. Thus the study of how these tools were made in a more primitive semi-environment gives us an understanding of both the tool and the process. So you could consider it bushcraft. This gives you a better understanding of something and a deeper appreciation of how a tool is made. So you begin to treasure your tools more, especially when you make them yourself.

We spent last weekend forging knives, steel flint strikers and axe heads

The start of a flint striker

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

Shaping the bevel on a neck knife

IMG_0520.jpg

Improvised forge

IMG_0577.jpg

The beautiful glow of a steel striker in a forge. Almost ready for hardening

IMG_0614.jpg

Beginings of an axe head improvised from scrap metal

IMG_0632.jpg

Finished neck knife.

IMG_0637.jpg

Bushcraft is all about improvising. Its about the journey from the start of a project to its end. Buying a knife is easy but learning how to craft one, whether it be from primitive or modern material. Really gives you an appreciation of things you wouldn't normally think twice about buying

Happy Christmas from the bushcraft club

• Registered Users Posts: 14 prepperballs

Hi lads, I'm only pretty new here and don't have the 25 posts required for private messaging just yet, but I was just wondering how I could get on the mailing list for this group and possibly take part in one of your bushcraft trips? If someone could even pm me an email address to get in contact? I love camping and I would love to get in on this, i have lots of survival gear too but I never really get to use it because 1. From Dublin 2. Don't drive (though I will get a bus anywhere) and 3. Lack of interest from other people I know, don't wanna go out there on me lonesome ya know?! Anyway if there's any room for me on one of your trips I would love to join in!

Also, possible location? Though not sure how I would get there just yet :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87073437

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Hi lads, I'm only pretty new here and don't have the 25 posts required for private messaging just yet, but I was just wondering how I could get on the mailing list for this group and possibly take part in one of your bushcraft trips? If someone could even pm me an email address to get in contact?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87073437

http://www.irishbushcraftclub.org 😉

As Hick mentioned, that's our club website. We should be having an open meet in February. Simply drop us a mail and put your name down.

I just want to mention something about our club for clarity sake. Since the economic down turn, we have noticed an increase in interest from people who call themselves preppers. That's fine. However that is not what our club is about. We are outdoor enthusiasts. We don't study these skills for any other reason but the sheer enjoyment of the activities & skills. We are not preparing for anything other than our next trip out to the woods. My hat goes off to people who like to keep preparation in mind in all aspects of what they do. I just want people to know that there is a degree of separation from what we do, to what a prepper/survivalist might do. We go to the woods for enjoyment of learning about the outdoors itself. That's the only motivation really. This is why I have requested that our club thread remain in the Outdoor pursuits section and not the Survival & self-sufficiency section.

Im not trying to discourage anyone from coming out and seeing what we are about as a club. Nor am I passing judgement on what others want to study. I just don't want people to be disappointed by the fact that we don't sit down and discuss how to prepare for disasters

Thanks for your replies, yes I had been on the website already, it just seemed to be a bit more up to date on here so I thought it would be more relevant to write a post here first at least. And that's no problem at all Crapbag, tbh I've been interested in outdoor survival and bushcraft even just camping in general a lot longer than I've been paying attention to the economy and what not, so I don't mind keeping my opinion to myself about all that! I can't say knowing these skills wouldn't be a bonus if they're needed but it isn't my motivation for wanting to get in on this! I will send an email to the club anyway, thanks :)

Thanks for your replies, yes I had been on the website already, it just seemed to be a bit more up to date on here so I thought it would be more relevant to write a post here first at least. And that's no problem at all Crapbag, tbh I've been interested in outdoor survival and bushcraft even just camping in general a lot longer than I've been paying attention to the economy and what not, so I don't mind keeping my opinion to myself about all that! I can't say knowing these skills wouldn't be a bonus if they're needed but it isn't my motivation for wanting to get in on this! I will send an email to the club anyway, thanks :)

Ha, don't think that im trying to discourage anyone expressing opinions :-)

I think you will find us all quite opinionated. I just wouldn't think you will get much interest in people talking about certain subjects. You will find that most of our nightly banter consists of verbally abusing each other, knives, tarps, camping stoves, air mattresses, sleeping bags, knots, carving, Scarlett Johansson, flint knapping, plant/fungi ID, boots, tools, hiking, wilderness skills and Scarlett Johansson.

You're more than welcome to come down and see what we're about. Just try get in early when we send the mail out as spaces are limited and generally we get a good deal of interest.

• Advertisement

Ha, yea sounds good, and I'm certainly well stocked up on most of that gear anyway, mainly a ton of knives but plenty other stuff there that I wouldn't mind making comparisons with and hearing your opinions on! Though I will say Milla Jovovitch has Scarlett Johanssen beat! :) m
    That's another thing I was wondering about btw, do you lads normally bring a lot of kit (even just for testing/comparison) or would you try bring as little as possible? I mean you mentioned air matresses so would you go so far as to bring a tent for "just in case"?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Prepperballs,

Each member tends to have a different stance on how much and what gear to bring to meets and some people bring a lot of gear some months but then might decide to challenge themselves other months by bringing a lot less gear than normal or by even doing a 3/4/5 item challenge or some other type of challenge.

I myself tend to bring a good bit in the car but have my bag packed with whatever I intend to actually use. That way if the opportunity arises I can try out gear but if the situation changes and I need to revert to more established gear then I have the option.

My first few meets I used a tent but now I tend to sleep under a tarp on the ground with a Neoair mattress.

Eoin

That's grand, thanks for the feedback lads! I probably will bring a bunch of stuff so but I would prefer not to have to use it! I do understand that's its about learning bushcraft skills, so I may have a lighter in my pocket, but I would rather get a fire going (if permitted) with a bow-drill! Just wanted to get an idea of the way you all work it. And it seems crapbag's last post got deleted, prob due to the error yesterday with the site, but no I wasn't planning on bringing a big household air matress, I do have a thermarest :) then again I would rather build up a pine needle or grass mattress, though not too sure how comfy that would be just yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

As far as I know everyone in the club carries a lighter so you won't be looked down upon! It's common sense to practice the primitive skills but not to have to rely on them if not necessary in my opinion.
    There are a few bow drill aficionados in the club so you will get plenty of help.

Prepperballs,

Each member tends to have a different stance on how much and what gear to bring to meets and some people bring a lot of gear some months but then might decide to challenge themselves other months by bringing a lot less gear than normal or by even doing a 3/4/5 item challenge or some other type of challenge.

Don't sell yourself short Eoin, you've had to endure that challenge yourself ;-)

What a great way to start the new year with a weekend in the woods. The weather was good and the craic was mighty. The winter storm had gifted us with a bit more firewood. Thankfully, none of it through our camp.

DSC_02551.jpg

We spent part of Saturday with some general camp admin after the wind had knocked down some trees nearby, causing our tarp to sag a little. We also started our construction of a wood store to keep the dead fall up off the ground and mostly out of the rain.

DSC_02621.jpg

Probably the highlight of the weekend was the Sweat Lodge. We have done this a few times and it's always a good laugh. Sweat lodges had many uses around the world. From the practical element of cleaning and hygiene, to a more spiritual & Social element. We simply did it for the experience and the laugh. It's always an amazing feeling to be sitting in the dark watching glowing hot rocks in front of you. Sweat lodges have to be treated with respect. Not only do you have red hot rocks sitting in fairly close proximty. You also have the consideration that it can get much hotter than a regular Sauna as there is no thermostat obviously. So you have to really be careful how long you stay in. Especially those who have heart related issues

DSC_02661.jpg

DSC_02651.jpg

A few of us also practiced fire by friction both bow drill and hand drill. Using my old MI card as an ember board, one of the lads accidently burnt through it with the hand drill.

DSC_02671.jpg

Here one of the lads decide to cook his fry in a paper bag. Turned out ok actually.

DSC_02471.jpg

Looking forward to next month already. Hope to be this month again if I can

It's Official, Tony and Myself have being asked to go on the "Brendan O'Connor" show next Saturday night, which we have agreed to -- any questions or input on behalf of the group would be welcome..... Plus -- Go out and buy the Sunday Times news paper this Sunday, with an article and photos from myself, Tony & Daire ....

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Great news for bushcraft hikers and hillwalkers alike. Hope it goes good for you all. If i were to offer any input toward an interview on a well watched national tv show is try and get the message out to the public that we live in a country with dwindling wilderness and we need to work to protect our mountains hills and forstery before its all gone. I got my MI log infront of me and there are two articles about damage been done to our environment an illegal road been dug in the bluestack mountains and illegal dumping been riff in the wicklow mountains. Its shameful and sad that people have such little respect. Bushcraft as you know is about been in harmony with the wilderness and taking what you need but not damaging the wilderness. Respect for our land needs to be ingrained into people utherwise we will loose it all.

Frank, great news about your interview. We've had our dealings with media. I would just say be very careful. They would love to talk you in to a box and make your ISG group seem like complete lunatics. Its not about what you do, its about Television. They wanted to do the same with the our club. So we decided to turn down all media interest after being contacted a few times. Just be careful about being lead down the garden path

Best of luck and well done

• Advertisement

Crapbag wrote: »
    Frank, great news about your interview. We've had our dealings with media. I would just say be very careful. They would love to talk you in to a box and make your ISG group seem like complete lunatics. Its not about what you do, its about Television. They wanted to do the same with the our club. So we decided to turn down all media interest after being contacted a few times. Just be careful about being lead down the garden path

Best of luck and well done
    Thanks for that tip bit, we'll mind our P's & Q's on this one....what was I thinking ?:)

Advertisement