Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a beer drinker?

Options
  • 04-10-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I'm looking to get a gift for a friend who likes beer. I'm not sure how leftfield their tastes are and I'm also not much of an expert myself.

I was thinking of getting them some type of gift such as a collection of world beers or something similar in a presentation pack. Really no idea as to what they would like/appreciate.

Any suggestion for a beer gift? I don't believe that they would have the space for a home brew kit and nor would they have the inclination to use one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

voucher for Drinkstore?

OR of you are determined to put something together then do something like a range of Irish Craft Beers, do a mix of Pale, IPA and Stouts and you won't go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Gift voucher for a flight to Brussels?

Hey!

I'm looking to get a gift for a friend who likes beer. I'm not sure how leftfield their tastes are and I'm also not much of an expert myself.

I was thinking of getting them some type of gift such as a collection of world beers or something similar in a presentation pack. Really no idea as to what they would like/appreciate.

Any suggestion for a beer gift? I don't believe that they would have the space for a home brew kit and nor would they have the inclination to use one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Some nice beer glasses? Maybe even branded ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hmm - was actually thinking of a Selection of Beers. I can't look up any examples here at work as the websites are blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

To be honest, if you don't know what they like, you could easily end up gifting beer that they have no interest in.
    Well meaning people regularly give me beer that I just don't want to drink. I end up cooking with it or giving it away to somebody who will drink it.

voucher or a good book on beer would be a better idea, imo

• Advertisement

Any recommendation of where to get vouchers (shop or online) for someone living in central Dublin?
    I'm not living there so I'd like to get vouchers sent to me so I can give them as part of my gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Any recommendation of where to get vouchers (shop or online) for someone living in central Dublin?
    I'm not living there so I'd like to get vouchers sent to me so I can give them as part of my gift.
    http://www.drinkstore.ie/GIFT-VOUCHERS/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

How about a home brewing kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Some nice beer glasses? Maybe even branded ones?

Glasses are always good. I was given something like these before and they are really nice

http://www.amazon.com/Spiegelau-2-Pack-Classics-Glass-19-Ounce/dp/B00BTPUT3S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭JonDoe

A six pack of "Hadrons Collider", wish it existed :)

Have a look at this from about 7:00 onwards
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1m8bww_stewart-lee-s-comedy-vehicle-s03e06_fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

folamh wrote: »
    How about a home brewing kit?
    I don't believe that they would have the space for a home brew kit and nor would they have the inclination to use one.

Thanks.

Did you read the OP?

Thanks for all the replies. Going to get vouchers. Any alternatives to www.drinkstore.ie?

My friend is bang in the centre - I think near the Four Courts - seems to be close to drinkstore.

PS is that area consider central Dublin, Northside or Southside? Don't be in Dublin much so I've no idea about the place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Drinkstore is perfect for someone close to the Four Courts and they have a great selection. Stoneybatter, where Drinkstore is, isn't exactly city centre, but it's as near as makes no difference.

Shame the gift card is just emailed instead of a credit card tangible item. :(

Handing over an email printout is a bit naff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Melendez wrote: »
    You could go into Drinkstore or your place of choice and ask them to pick a selection of rare, interesting and recommended beers to the value of €x.

To an extent you are at the mercy of the staff member in that they could just pick slow lines or badly-priced, big-profit-margin items, but I have done this before from differing things from wine to garden plants and it has always worked out well. Generally, knowledgable staff will rise to a challenge and attack the request with enthusiasm. They might not necessarily have the keen eye for value that you might like, but that is the cost of using their expertise.

Having no clue what the recipient likes or dislikes in beer, I don't see how that would work out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement